Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
The new characters are:

-Hugo
-Poison
-Rolento
-Elena
-and a new character

The add on will be $15, or $40 for the complete game with the additional characters. The update is supposed to also include new stages and balance updates as well.

Don't know how many of you guys are going to care about this or not. Hugo and Rolento should be pretty fun to play as. I was kinda hoping Rolento was going to be one of the DLC characters last time around. For $15 I'll probably bite, sucks it won't be til 2014 though.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/13/4520896/super-street-fighter-4-getting-five-new-characters-in-2014

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
that's cool. I love playing as Hugo and Rolento. But I don't see myself ever playing SFIV again.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
If its 39.99 *and* coming out on Xbox One or PS4, I'll bite..otherwise current gen is going in a box come November.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
can't wait to try out hugo, spent many long hours playing as him on 3S on the first xbox

the pathetic thing is that version of 3S shits all over the garbage lagfest that is 3S online

i srsly don't understand why people like ggpo, it's total fucking trash

i was thinking that haggar might be a decent guess for the 5th character, but the way the announcer was talking it looks like it will be someone relatively unknown

Last edited:

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
so, just porting some streetfighrer x tekken charecters...

Colour me unimpressed...

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
so, just porting some streetfighrer x tekken charecters...

Colour me unimpressed...

Worst part is they are reusing/editing stages from SFxT so that's a double wammy.

Not a deal breaker for me though. I was waiting for a reason to get back into SF4 and this will do nicely. Hope they go all out and bring back all those extra modes from Vanilla. Also hope this is Super like sequel and not just another AE type update. I wanna see a little more story progression before SFV.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
It's officially, Ultra Street Fighter IV. They didn't show off the mystery 5th character in the trailer.

Also, I'm wondering if the people at Rare/Double Helix/MS knew that this was going to be the name because the team all had t-shirts that said, "My ultra is better then your ultra"

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
It's officially, Ultra Street Fighter IV. They didn't show off the mystery 5th character in the trailer.

Also, I'm wondering if the people at Rare/Double Helix/MS knew that this was going to be the name because the team all had t-shirts that said, "My ultra is better then your ultra"

Well both games ultimate attack is called an Ultra so it could be related to that.

Also, the trailer was kinda meh. Killed my hype a little.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
I really hope the 5th is a completely new character, or someone who hasn't been in any of the recent capcom fighters:

• R. Mika
  • Oro
  • Necro
  • Urien
  • Sodom

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
They already announced the 5th character hasn't been in a Street Fighter game before so Mika, Alex and Karin are out of the mix. Some said Asura but Ono shot them down on Twitter. I think they'll complete the Final Fight roster and finally have Haggar since he's never been in a SF game before. Or they could troll the hell out of all of us and put in Fat Mega Man since the other 4 have already been in X Tekken.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Rumour's are spreading that the last character will likely be Asura considering they had SF DLC in Asura's Wrath and already have the splash art made.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Rumour's are spreading that the last character will likely be Asura considering they had SF DLC in Asura's Wrath and already have the splash art made.

Its not Asura nor fat MM. Ono already confirmed that.

Also, I watched the trailer again and I changed my mind. I think the beginning of the trailer was really well done. Hype rising.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
It may be Megaman!, due to them trying to get enough coverage with him being introduced in the new Smash brothers games, Though really the smartest choice would be hagger!.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I'm not impressed. Rolento is cool and all but like craig said just SFxT Ports. maybe the unknown character will not suck.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
broken rolento option selects ahoy

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Haggar will come next year. His 3d model exist, but to lessen the shame it will span out.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
It'll be Morrigan in her CvS 2 sprite.

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
It'll be Morrigan in her CvS 2 sprite.

:lolz:

I'll be disappointed if it's Haggar honestly. If it's not someone from a previous street fighter or even Dark Stalkers, then I'd rather it just be a completely new character. We have enough from Final Fight already.

They should add Rikuo from DS.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
i would rather eddie(?) the cop from final fight over haggar...