Flip-Flopped MVS Cart. Boards!? Oh Nooo!! MVS Gurus, Please Help!

SuperMegaUltra

Geese's Thug
First off, thanks to whoever's reading this post. Here's hopin' you'll be able to help me outta this unfortunate predicament.

Okay, here's the situation. Been a fan of the SNK Neo-Geo for quite awhile now, but just recently, I made the switch from NGH/AES to MVS, for obvious financial benefits in certain areas (the Metal Slug series). Although my consolized 2-slot MVS hadn't arrived yet, I went ahead and bought a Metal Slug X MVS cart. in the meantime.

Being the inquisitive (read that "stupid") mind that I am, I decided to unscrew and open the plastic case, and check out the boards. Unfortunately, I now have no idea which way they go back! I don't know which board sits in which slot, nor do I know which side of the boards face outward, reflecting against the plastic case, and which side of the boards face inward, facing each other. Heck, I don't even know which way that silly plastic piece on the bottom of the cart. fits! It's sad, really, but what can I say? I'm the newest of the newbies when it comes to the MVS. :crying:

Try as I might, I simply cannot remember how this goes back together. Adding insult to injury, this is the only MVS cart. I currently own, so there's no way to can compare it with another. Which brings be to my question...

Is there any way someone here could either e-mail (super-mega-ultra@juno.com), or direct me to, some pictures vividly showing how these gigantic boards fit back into their hard, plastic home?

Above all, I don't want to do anything rash that would cause me to end up with a $50.00 paperweight. That being said, any help would be very, very much appreciated. Thanks for your time, effort, and consideration.

Man, right now I feel so stupid... :mad:

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
You should put them like in this pic:

acb.sized.jpg

The other board goes exactly in the same way as it is in the picture.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
And all the chips are labeled, for a quick reference the M1 chip is on the bottom board.

-Nick

SuperMegaUltra

Geese's Thug
Alright!! Thanks, All.

Thanks Amano Jacu, that's exactly what I needed. Thank you, too, nruva; that'll definitely help in the future. Finally, thanks for the off-topic heads up, FatGuy. I really did like that Lemon Head avatar, but if it stirs up bad memories here, I understand completely.

I'm on cloud nine here, people. Can't thank ya enough, but once again, here's tryin'. THANKS!! :p

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
You will find that they will only fit back one way, the two boards are designed so they cannot be swapped in error. If you look at the edge of the cart boards opposite the edge connects you will see that the two keyways are in different places.
The components are on the top looking from the side of the cart the scews enter.
To do it you would really have to force the case hard. Its near impossible.

Last edited: