Former Titans/Ravens QB Steve McNair dead on the 4th at age 36

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
The Story

Former NFL quarterback Steve McNair was killed in a shooting in Nashville, Tennessee, authorities said Saturday.
Steve McNair, 36, spent 13 seasons in the NFL, the majority with the Tennessee Titans.

Police said they found McNair and a woman shot to death in a Nashville residence after receiving a phone call about an injured person.

The woman has been tentatively identified, but her name is not being released, authorities said.

A law enforcement source close to the investigation said the woman is McNair's girlfriend and that the residence is her condominium.

Witnesses said McNair was a frequent visitor there.

Authorities were questioning people who were near the home, but they said no one was in custody.

They could not provide details about the circumstances of the shooting.

McNair's brother, Fred, also confirmed the death but had no immediate details.

McNair, 36, spent 13 seasons in the NFL, the majority with the Tennessee Titans, and was named the NFL's co-MVP in 2003. He spent his last two seasons with Baltimore Ravens before announcing his retirement in 2008.

The owner of the Titans, Bud Adams, Jr., said in a statement that the organization was "saddened and shocked" to hear of McNair's death.

"He was one of the finest players to play for our organization and one of the most beloved players by our fans," Adams said.

"He played with unquestioned heart and leadership and led us to places that we had never reached, including our only Super Bowl."

The Titans marked a Super Bowl loss to the St. Louis Rams in 2000.

McNair attended Alcorn State in Mississippi.

Dozens of fans who rushed to the crime scene were rattled by the news of McNair's death.

"I'm in shock. It's so hard to believe," Sonya Hughes told CNN affiliate WKRN. "Tennessee Titans, Steve McNair -- on the Fourth of July."

Ludy Wallace, former Nashville city councilman, remembered McNair as a "friendly" guy.

"I think he made an everlasting impression with people he came in contact with and the people that attended his [football] camps," Wallace told CNN affiliate WTVF.

340x.jpg

33-71874-F.jpg

Edit: Found a more detailed story this evening.

Sounds like it might be either a double murder or a murder suicide and he almost won a Super Bowl, too. Thanks for the memories, Air McNair. Godspeed.

Last edited:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Just found out about it as I came home from work and saw an ESPN Breaking News item about it. A fine quarterback who will be remembered by me as the one beaten by my beloved St. Louis Rams and winning their first ever Super Bowl.

R.I.P. Steve.

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Just saw this, pretty fucked up.

I remember when he was one of the best in the league. Always seemed like a down to earth guy in interviews as well.

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
Just found out about it as I came home from work and saw an ESPN Breaking News item about it. A fine quarterback who will be remembered by me as the one beaten by my beloved St. Louis Rams and winning their first ever Super Bowl.

R.I.P. Steve.

44497487.jpg

I've used this shot several times to personify effort and determination for my students and though I respect Warner, I really wanted McNair to win it all.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
R.I.P. Steve McNair.

All of us who watch the NFL really appreciated your game and we'll sincerely miss you!

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
i'm just gonna be bold and go on record as saying this wasn't a random tragedy

the question is, what the fuck were these people into?

i'm just gonna be bold and go on record as saying this wasn't a random tragedy

the question is, what the fuck were these people into?

Something was up if he's got a wife and 4 kids at home and ... a couple days ago he's in the passenger seat with a 20 year old chick that's high when she's arrested. Then he's with her again at 2AM on a Saturday at his condo.

Even without the whole being killed thing, something doesn't sound right about that. The whole thing sucks because he always seemed like a really good guy.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
My wife wants to know if you hate Al Del Greco as much as she does :mad:
(she's from Houston :emb:)

Haha, not as much as Zendejas. Homie be rapin' and shit :mad:

And to whoever mentioned the Titans in the same breath as the Oilers...um, NO. When Bud Adams ripped this city's heart out, they ceased to be our team. I have never rooted harder against a team than I did against the Titans in the 2000 Super Bowl.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Something was up if he's got a wife and 4 kids at home and ... a couple days ago he's in the passenger seat with a 20 year old chick that's high when she's arrested. Then he's with her again at 2AM on a Saturday at his condo.

Even without the whole being killed thing, something doesn't sound right about that. The whole thing sucks because he always seemed like a really good guy.

yeah i will say that the guy doesn't seem like your stereotypical pro-athlete thug

maybe he was a late bloomer though, guess we'll find out soon enough

aria

Former Moderator
Its starting to sound a lot like a murder-suicide...

McNair was at the home of his 20-yo girlfriend (he is married).

He was shot four times, twice in the head, twice in the chest.

The woman was shot once, in the head, and a gun was found nearby.

They haven't ruled her death either way yet, but they're also not looking for suspects at this point...

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
galfordo and Bobak are right- only reason they're not saying more is that he's so well-liked, but the situation is obviously fucked up. Girl and McNair both.

20-year-old girlfriend moved to town with her then-boyfriend of four years, broke up with that guy to be with McNair. McNair buys her the car she got the DUI in 2 days before. Ex claims she was going to break it off with McNair. Girl's mother was murdered when she was 9, fucked up family life...?

All the evidence points to murder-suicide.

Guess I'll leave it at that.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I was reading that she also recently bought a gun...

Semi reliable source...

Man, I gotta love the guy

36 and dating a 20 year old...
Wish I had skillz like dat.

aria

Former Moderator
I was reading that she also recently bought a gun...

Semi reliable source...

Man, I gotta love the guy

36 and dating a 20 year old...
Wish I had skillz like dat.

Swap skillz with $$$ and its actually quite simple.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Swap skillz with $$$ and its actually quite simple.

Yeah... That is true..

My grandfather was dating a 19 year old when he was in his sixties...

But at some point, skillz gives way to teh creepiness.

aria

Former Moderator
Yeah I think hot, crazy women are in abundance if you have money.

And it certain places, all you really need is steady job and a green card and you can create your own version of "The Bachelor".

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
And it certain places, all you really need is steady job and a green card and you can create your own version of "The Bachelor".

It has always been my dream to create a new series...

Who wants to marry a loser for his green card????