Forum community - Welcoming feedback on dispute with dbarrett0981

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
If this thread keeps going long enough it'll be the first thing that pops up when you search Barrett and Associates.

Bump it.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
lol
http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-619-677-5665

Barrett & Associates
Phone: (619) 258-0745
Fax: (619) 342-8575
9880 N Magnolia Ave #129 , Santee , CA 92071
This Business is not BBB Accredited
BBB file opened: February 03, 2010 Business started: 11/01/2008 in CA
Limited Liability Company (LLC)
Mr. Dave Barrett, Owner
send complaints to : Federal Trade Commission
10877 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles CA 90024
Phone Number: (877) 382-4357
http://www.ftc.gov
The Federal Trade Commission over See's the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)

***** Number of Employee's 10 *****
This is why there is so many complaints on;y 10 employees 1 owner they probably have 1 admin to do payroll 1 marketing manager unless owner does his own marketing and the rest are possible collectors

and because the BBB closed 5 of there complaints in the last 12 months which were billing errors there rating went up and steve is still leaving illegal messages along with mr white stop this small company 10 employees , llc not a corporation ,
If they break the FDCPA laws sue them

Last edited:

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
How very interesting! What else can you fine gentlemen tell me about David Barrett of Barrett & Associates at 9880 N Magnolia Ave #129 , Santee , CA 92071 Phone: (619) 258-0745

Are they BBB accredited?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
He is about as religious as those Mafioso that the Pope just excommunicated. XD

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
and that is why i say its a scum of the earth profession. A profession that is out to ruin lives.

look- I get it if you are just an employee who just needs a job (any job). But it takes a wholly different kind of scumbag to own and operate one of these things so you can make a living on the misery of others.

How is it profiting off the misery of others? Should people be allowed to get away with not paying their bills? By the time a debt ends up in the hands of a collection agency the debtor has been given notice multiple times.

Keep-Calm.jpg

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Philosophically speaking, the debtor does not owe the collection company anything. Agencies purchase bad debt for pennies on the dollar or on a contingency basis and use questionable tactics that are often morally worse than poor people not paying their bills. They may be a necessary evil but they are evil nonetheless and the antithesis of what Jesus stood for, if you want to get biblical.

theMot

10 Year Member
Philosophically speaking, the debtor does not owe the collection company anything. Agencies purchase bad debt for pennies on the dollar or on a contingency basis and use questionable tactics that are often morally worse than poor people not paying their bills. They may be a necessary evil but they are evil nonetheless and the antithesis of what Jesus stood for, if you want to get biblical.

Oh for a church goer to be doing something like this is a bit of a laugh :lolz: but it's still really not wrong for someone to have to pay their debts.

I have had to deal with a lot of my employee's over the years with these problems. They would go out and buy cars, gadgets, consumer shit, not pay their rent etc and then not front up and pay so the agency would get in contact and I would have to start garnishing their wages. I had plenty of people like that and then others who were able to pay off their homes and put their kids through private schools. Some people just can't manage their money. I don't blame the agencies for using whatever tactics they have to recover a debt.

The real hardship cases are a small percentage of what they do. Most people just bite off more than they can chew.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
How is it profiting off the misery of others? Should people be allowed to get away with not paying their bills? By the time a debt ends up in the hands of a collection agency the debtor has been given notice multiple times.

its really not about not paying debts. its the unethical methods used. its destroying lives over something you purchased for a fraction of he former debt.

that and lots of times they dont care if the debt is already paid. imagine having your credit rating slashed because a company you never did business with decided you had a debt you already paid off. then spending multiple years proving it wrong all while having your financial life put on hold.

and im note even getting into the illegal collection methods a lot of these people use.

you really have no clue as to how it works on this subject. Hell- popes post was showing 5 billing errors from barretts company alone!

Last edited:

theMot

10 Year Member
you really have no clue as to how it works on this subject.

Actually I do. A lot more than most.

I have had to chase debts into the tens of thousands from businesses. As I mentioned previously I have had to comply with garnishee orders due to employees not paying their bills. I have to deal with dead beats not paying their child support. At least 20 times I have had to deal with collection agencies helping them to reclaim debts.

There instances where people fall through the cracks and get chased for the wrong reasons but thats the minority. Most people's signatures on a contract is worth nothing unfortunately and they think it is their right to walk away from the trail of shit they created.

You're in business Chris, look at it like this. Joe Blow arcade gets in contact with you and orders 30x cabs and then walks away from the deal after you invoiced them because "y'know, times are hard" is it ok for them to do that?

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Actually I do. A lot more than most.

I have had to chase debts into the tens of thousands from businesses. As I mentioned previously I have had to comply with garnishee orders due to employees not paying their bills. I have to deal with dead beats not paying their child support. At least 20 times I have had to deal with collection agencies helping them to reclaim debts.

There instances where people fall through the cracks and get chased for the wrong reasons but thats the minority. Most people's signatures on a contract is worth nothing unfortunately and they think it is their right to walk away from the trail of shit they created.

Call me when giant fees are added to something you dont owe by a company you have never done business with.

Contrary to your belief more times than not people dont set out to not pay a debt. Lose your job? have to feed your family? yeah all dead beats right?

It's easy to write off everyone as a dead beat when you have never been on the opposite side of that equation. 3rd party debt collection is a predatory business by nature.

theMot

10 Year Member
Contrary to your belief more times than not people dont set out to not pay a debt.

That's the thing, nobody does but they don't make paying the debt back a priority either.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
That's the thing, nobody does but they don't make paying the debt back a priority either.

easy to say when you too are a debt collector.

like i said. call me when you are on the other side of the fence being harassed multiple times daily and having your life destroyed in front of you.

theMot

10 Year Member
like i said. call me when you are on the other side of the fence being harassed multiple times daily and having your life destroyed in front of you.

Can we Skype? Cheaper!

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Oh for a church goer to be doing something like this is a bit of a laugh.

I will tell you that most of the ethically vacant scumbags or bosses that I have ever encountered in my career were bible thumping, verse-citing, jesus-guides-me-in-business-and-life religious nuts.

They justify it by being extra zealous and evangelical.... or that the company/person they're screwing over isn't christian, christian enough or belong to the same exact sect.

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
I will tell you that most of the ethically vacant scumbags or bosses that I have ever encountered in my career were bible thumping, verse-citing, jesus-guides-me-in-business-and-life religious nuts.

They justify it by being extra zealous and evangelical.... or that the company/person they're screwing over isn't christian, christian enough or belong to the same exact sect.

I'm not exactly what you'd consider "well-versed" in the bible, but wasn't Jesus kind of anti-business? Didn't he trash some sort of merchant at the temple? LOL, "Jesus guides me in business".

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
wasn't Jesus kind of anti-business? Didn't he trash some sort of merchant at the temple? LOL, "Jesus guides me in business".

The Savior trashed the money changers and merchants at the temple because they were making money off people in the lords house, on holy ground. He wasn't anti business, he was pro-keeping things holy.