Forwarding service from US

Knud

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Since there are quite a few international users on here thought someone could shed some inside on how forwarding services are like shopforward.me for example

My friend has been gathering packages from US and ship to me. The thing is USPS are the ones who are cheapest option to ship to me, each package takes around 2 months. I get faster shipments from Aliexpress. Just noticed that if I would use forwarding service, packages can be shipped with Fedex or DHL for cheaper than USPS and they would arrive in less then a week.

So has anyone tried it or can tell me how dreadful they are?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
From my experience, stuff arrives late because of customs. Can't get around that now, at least not in Germany, since the tax free border has been lowered here from 22 to 5 Euro. A couple months ago they let almost any package go through, because of C-19. Now the good times are over and you'll not only pay 19% tax, you'll also have to pay 6 Euro per package to the German Postal Service because they pay those tax in advance for you. But I digress...

Question(s) to OP: Where are you from and are you sure that the differences in shipment speed were not linked to possible custom duties? It's important to know, because in such a case a forwarding service obviously wouldn't make any difference.

Knud

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
This is not related to customs, I am watching the package going around US, looks like they are just checking if Iceland is in any state before they ship it abroad. When it get’s to customs here it usually takes 2-4 days for me to pick it up.

The reason I am asking about forwarding service experience is that they offer Fedex shipping 3-4 days for it to arrive here and the price is lower than USPS.