Found: Japanese Dreamcast - Good Working Condition

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Looking for a good working Japanese Dreamcast with at least one controller and power cable. GD-Rom needs to work well with no issues. If it has box etc., great, but not necessary Would be nice if not yellowing, but overall I just need a well taken care of unit that will last me a few years until the drive fizzles out and I eventually replace with an SD drive.

Actually found a NOS console for a very decent price. ^_^

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
I think the problem here lies in how rapidly the GD drives are dying. I wish you the best in your search, but watching collectors on DC forums beat their heads against the wall trying to keep a DC reading discs instead of just installing an ODE is a repetitive situation.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I think the problem here lies in how rapidly the GD drives are dying. I wish you the best in your search, but watching collectors on DC forums beat their heads against the wall trying to keep a DC reading discs instead of just installing an ODE is a repetitive situation.
Thanks, Max. I'll switch to an SD reader eventually for all my disc based consoles once they die. I have a bunch of games, and I'd like to get a bit more use out of them before I switch. ^_^

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Best of luck on your hunt. I personally did the one wire mod that lets you change the DCs region whenever you want. I'll leave it as JP for a year or 2 at a time and then change it back.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I too have a dc with the switch installed. I think Zoultar did it. I still use it for my disks but have an ODE I use more…