Sold: Boxed JP Saturn Console HST-0004 with Phantom Mod

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Sold for $140 including shipping

Letting this JP Saturn go. It looks like a 1st gen Saturn, but it actually has 2nd gen insides (this is a 21 pin Saturn). I remember finding that it had a JVC drive, if that matters to you. I installed the Phantom mod chip in this myself. It also includes a second, uninstalled Phantom mod chip.

I was learning how to burn games, but before I could figure it out, we moved. I forgot about this system for a good while, Saturn ODEs began coming out, and I installed one of those in a different Saturn. I do recall the system working with some burns I had from when I was in high school, but I didn't test it much, and as I mentioned, I was unable to figure out how to make new burns myself. I assume the chip is installed correctly, but there is a possibility that some troubleshooting might be necessary, as there always is with stuff like this. Original games work with no issues at all.

This includes the following:
- Saturn console which has the Phantom mod chip installed
- Controller
(This thing obviously had something spilled on it a long, long time ago, perhaps some Van Houten Milk Cocoa. I don't know, because I noticed this when I was initially taking pictures for this listing. I thought to myself, "Ugh, what's all this then?" and also thought that I couldn't sell it like that. So, I took it apart and cleaned it. I let the pieces dry overnight and reassembled it this morning. It's all working and looks quite a bit better now. I'm sorry for the long parenthetical - It's something I'm working on.)
- Power and composite cables
- An additional Phantom mod chip, which has not been installed

- A new CR32 battery (I'll ship this in a bag and let you install it so that you can get maximum life out of it)

Looking for $160 $140 which includes shipping. If this price seems off, I'm happy to work with you. Will go out via priority mail and I'll of course pack it well. Only shipping to the US right now, sorry to everybody else. Thanks for looking. ✌️

IMG_5124.jpeg

IMG_5125.jpeg

IMG_5126.jpeg

Last edited:

Ajax

15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Buy this. If the price is off, holler at me.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Fuhk, if I were still into Saturn I would buy this shit off you. I'd have to start from zero though and it's just not worth it :/

Ajax

15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
I've got a spindle of 40 something Taiyo Yuden CDRs, you know, the ultra good shit. I'll include those. Also includes a Battle Garegga coaster. I would include my external disc drive, but no way I'm going to find that.

Ajax

15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
Not a dumb question, Saturn stuff gets a little hairy at times. The easiest way I can think of to play US games is to get an Action Replay cart of some kind. I had an extra one around here, and would include it, but I don't know where it is now.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
oof... Im tempted. I love the gray Satties and always wanted one.

@norton9478 there is a tool out in the intertrode that allows you to change the region setting for ISOs before burning them, so there isn't a need for a PAR, unless you need the 4mb RAM (which obviously you do).

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why the hell isn’t this selling? Wasn’t there just a thread here last month about how Saturns are $800 now?

I already have multiple Saturns and still haven’t had one fail so it would be straight stupid for me to leap on this deal.

Ajax

15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
113   0   0
I'm guessing because it doesn't have an ODE. This would be a great system to drop an ODE into (at $140, I'm not even clearing $100 after shipping, basically guarantee).

I could always pull this listing down, drop a MODE in with a 128GB SD card, and relist for $600. Wonder if I would get more bites.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The 128 wouldnt really help duder. You'd wanna get at least a 512, or 1tb drive for the mode.

Or get a Fenrir (21 pin fens are out) and put a 512 in there.

Honestly I've seriously considered it, but I've spent some cash on that JAMMA expander and have to pay for a control panel.

Otherwise, I'd jump on that shit.

BTW I ended up selling my Saturn for 675, but it did include the Rad2X and a 4meg cart.

Pimp it out and make some cash man 😉