FS: Mega Drive Megathread; JP Games, JP Manual & Insert LOT, Sega CD

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Google Doc item list link here.

I have been wanting to prepare this for a good while, and it is finally ready!
Up for sale are a number of Mega Drive games, inserts, manuals, and cases; as well as a model 2 Sega CD. Please let me know if you'd like additional pictures for any of this.

Looking for PayPal +4% for goods, or gift (your preference). Shipping not included. Buy 5+ items and get 10%OFF.

Sega CD Model 2 + Extras $80
US region, includes console, AC adapter, Genesis Model 1 extension plates, outer box (fairly beat up, no inner boxes or manual), Sewer Shark disc, Bram Stoker's Dracula (complete, ok condition), Dragon's Lair (missing manual, cracked case), and CDRs of Snatcher and Final Fight CD.

Click here for more images.
5fC0VvZ.jpg

Mega Drive JP Games, Cases, & Inserts

Years ago, I picked up a huge lot of Mega Drive cases complete with inserts and manuals but without the games. I am listing here the pieces left over from this. The idea was to have replacements, upgrades, and hopefully hunt for loose games to complete sets. In this spirit, and because I would have loved an option like this back then, I am offering up everything individually.

The list is rather large, so I've set up a Google Doc to keep track of the items and what remains available. Everything is graded in a letter scale. Let me know if you have questions.

Click here for more images (not all games pictured below).
Euu7JLI.jpg

rgkMHW1.jpg

tzwNNbG.jpg

udlALbq.jpg

Alien Soldier images from earlier.

Forgot to include these examples of the letter 'grading':
A Picture 1 Picture 2 Picture 3 Picture 4
B Picture 1 Picture 2
C Picture 1 Picture 2 Picture 3 Picture 4

Everything here has been carefully cleaned. No grimy, decades of dust feeling. Here are some images of this insanity, if you're curious. Some images show the 'before'.

That'll do for now. But, I have a few more things to come, such as Mega Drive arcade sticks from SEGA & Hori.

Last edited:

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
ah man, I don't even own a MD and you have me thinking about buying that Phantasy Star I & II art and manuals.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I'll Take Puyo Puyo 2, if altered beast goes up let me know.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Right? The art in these inserts is so interesting that I've considered framing whatever doesn't sell, haha. Every single manual is in color, too, and most feature unique artwork. This whole exercise reminded me immediately why I'm not bothering with current-gen physical releases anymore.

BUT, staying positive, here's some nice resolution Phantasy Star to celebrate:

N7M7M0m.jpg

cbyithj.jpg

OlThExZ.jpg

rvndeMJ.jpg

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I totally agree with the sentiment. BITD publishers would put effort into making manuals, adding concept art and content inserts that you wouldn't find in regular marketing materials. Now-a-days you gotta get a collector's edition with all the bells and whistles to enjoy that extra effort.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Thanks Wyo and Lions for getting this started! Spreadsheet has been updated. :D

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Right? The art in these inserts is so interesting that I've considered framing whatever doesn't sell, haha. Every single manual is in color, too, and most feature unique artwork. This whole exercise reminded me immediately why I'm not bothering with current-gen physical releases anymore.

BUT, staying positive, here's some nice resolution Phantasy Star to celebrate:

N7M7M0m.jpg

cbyithj.jpg

OlThExZ.jpg

rvndeMJ.jpg

Awesome.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Awesome stuff. I love the JP artwork for Alisia Dragoon and El Viento specifically. GLWTS!

tacoguy

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Those MD game covers and manuals look nicer than the american ones we got :(

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Thx man for the cases and inserts. I got these for the art but now I think I have to track down some loose carts.

**but it should be noted I have a thing for phantasy star 2. As it was my first true jrpg

a9e2ee719d337778cfc4b606ff5765c3.jpg

a9c76fe03c39e3675a787648d602c329.jpg

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I've dropped the price of the SEGA CD and the games in the spreadsheet!
Thanks again everyone for your interest. I've never answered this amount of correspondence or been to the post office so oft before!

Complete at last, thanks Gyrian! :)

So good! Thanks, wyo! I hope to see more of this here as we go along. :D

Awesome stuff. I love the JP artwork for Alisia Dragoon and El Viento specifically. GLWTS!

Those MD game covers and manuals look nicer than the american ones we got :(

They really are some of the nicest around, bar none. Everything in color, and generally full of illustrations. I especially like all the unique drawings they use to show you what to do (and not) to the cartridges! A huge amount of these have game specific artwork!

lions3 said:
Thx man for the cases and inserts. I got these for the art but now I think I have to track down some loose carts.

Thank you, lions! If I come across a loose PSII and you're still without, it's on me.

Ironically, selling these Mega Drive goodies is starting to put me in the mood to look for a few more inexpensive games I never got around to finding. Stuff like Pit Fighter, which despite being what it is, remains the very first fighting game I ever played. Fond summer memories of button mashing with Ty back in the day, haha.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
One more bump before wrapping up here. I'll aim to sell what's left in other places afterwards.
Make me an offer!

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
A huge thanks to Gyrian! I received my Gley Lancer and Slap Flight.
Also got the manual for Shinning Force which was the last thing I needed for all of my Mega Drive games to be complete!... except of course there is now Slap Fight and Gley Lancer...

Slap Fight and Gley Lancer 01.jpg

Empty MD Cases 01.jpg

Who got that Alisia Dragoon?! I feel lucky that I got what I did but I would have scooped that Alisia too if I was only fast enough :)

Last edited:

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I did. May or may not keep it depending. I'll know in a few weeks or so. If not you can have first dibs.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I did. May or may not keep it depending. I'll know in a few weeks or so. If not you can have first dibs.

Thanks Bar81! I appreciate that.
If you have any interest in Alisia Dragoon you should hunt down a loose cart. Cause that was a fantastic price on the cover and manual.

I might have actually found myself a complete Alisia Dragoon (for a lot more money) but the deal is not done yet.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Thanks Bar81! I appreciate that.
If you have any interest in Alisia Dragoon you should hunt down a loose cart. Cause that was a fantastic price on the cover and manual.

I might have actually found myself a complete Alisia Dragoon (for a lot more money) but the deal is not done yet.

I already have a very nice copy (and the Genny version). Just was a nice looking set and I love me some MD.

One way or anther a nice MD Alisia dragoon insert and manual is going to be moved by me in a few weeks.

Last edited:

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
This is awesome, I love seeing things like this come up for sale. Wish I could have jumped on the twinkle tale set, but the timing just wasn't right for me. Looks like everything went to great homes!