FS: Modded AES and Memory Card **Now on FeeBay**

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Hey everyone. I'm offering up a few extra pieces from my Neo collection.

Modded Neo Geo AES
This one has been enhanced with S-Video, stereo sound output, a red power-LED, and fitted with a UniBios 2.0. I've had this system for a few years now, and it has always worked perfectly. Even on an HDTV, the games still look nice and sharp with S-Video.

It's in good condition overall. Not mint, as there are small scratches on it in various places. Check out the pictures to see for yourself:

Bottom - Serial # 114160
Front - Showing its most major blemish, a small crack next to the controller port
Back - No component, but S-Video still looks excellent on an HDTV
Running a game with the UniBios

This is for the console itself, as well as an official SNK PRO-POW3 10v power adaptor.

If you're paranoid about damaging your minty unmodded AES and you want a system to kick back and have fun with, this is definitely for you.

$250 shipped

JP AES Memory Card
Comes complete in box with instructions and case. The box isn't in very good shape, and the case has one small chip in it. The card itself is in great shape, but it has some light writing in Japanese on the back from its previous owner. This could easily be removed with some rubbing alcohol.

$28 shipped

---

I can do international shipping too, but it might be a couple extra bucks. I'm also interested in some trade items as well, like US AES Samurai Shodown II or US AES Spin Master.

Last edited:

eastbayarb

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
What, no RGB output? Why is it that whenever someone has a modded AES system, there is no RGB output even though it's built into the system?

Zenimus

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
What, no RGB output? Why is it that whenever someone has a modded AES system, there is no RGB output even though it's built into the system?

Most TVs in the US don't have RGB inputs, so it wouldn't be of much use. If you're in the UK on the other hand, it might be a different story.

Anyway, still available.

Zenimus

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Why not just put it in so it's there? Many people want RGB

But how would they use it? It says you're from California, does your TV have RGB inputs?

Arcade monitors have RGB, but if you're going that route, why not just use an MVS?

Hehe, besides, you're grumbling at me as if I modded this AES system myself. I bought it pre-modded a few years ago for $300.

eastbayarb

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I have a 37" monitor that accepts 15khz RGB and 31khz so thats how I utilize RGB. My NES, SNES, N64, Atari Jaguar, Sega Genesis/32x/CD, Sega Saturn, PC Engine, 3DO, PSX, PS2, XBOX, Neo Geo are all hooked up via RGB.

Of course, you could also get an RGB upscaler like an X-RGB to connect to a regular PC monitor.

Zenimus

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I have a 37" monitor that accepts 15khz RGB and 31khz so thats how I utilize RGB. My NES, SNES, N64, Atari Jaguar, Sega Genesis/32x/CD, Sega Saturn, PC Engine, 3DO, PSX, PS2, XBOX, Neo Geo are all hooked up via RGB.

Of course, you could also get an RGB upscaler like an X-RGB to connect to a regular PC monitor.

NES? How did you manage to get RGB out of an NES? (I'm genuinely curious, as I thought it was impossible) Same as 3DO.

stormy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
NES? How did you manage to get RGB out of an NES? (I'm genuinely curious, as I thought it was impossible) Same as 3DO.

This is just a guess, but I bet he had the playchoice 10 PPU installed in his NES. I saw someone do that on gamesx.com (ace something I think his name was). I think if thats the case it would work quite well for most games.

Zenimus

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Am not am expert, but am sure that's socketed BIOS :D

Thanks for the reassurance. :) I thought it was a socketed chip, but I've never seen a soldered one, so I wasn't sure what they looked like.

This is just a guess, but I bet he had the playchoice 10 PPU installed in his NES. I saw someone do that on gamesx.com (ace something I think his name was). I think if thats the case it would work quite well for most games.

I've heard about that method. That seems to be the only way to do it. I'd actually like to have it done to mine.

I just thought it was odd that someone would list off all those systems with RGB, especially the NES and 3DO, which require some pretty in-depth work to modify.

stormy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Yeah those are not very common mods (NES and 3DO). I guess rgb displays aren't very common in the U.S. either so it's probably not relevant to most anyway.

Thanks for the reassurance. :) I thought it was a socketed chip, but I've never seen a soldered one, so I wasn't sure what they looked like.

I've heard about that method. That seems to be the only way to do it. I'd actually like to have it done to mine.

I just thought it was odd that someone would list off all those systems with RGB, especially the NES and 3DO, which require some pretty in-depth work to modify.

Koopa64

Sieger's Squire
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah those are not very common mods (NES and 3DO). I guess rgb displays aren't very common in the U.S. either so it's probably not relevant to most anyway.

:oh_no:

There's no friggin way you'd find an RGB monitor at a Best Buy, Target or other electronics store. Those things are extremely rare in North America.

If you want RGB in it, buy it and install it yourself...

Even then, RGB is a signal, not a connector. What connection method are you using anyways? :scratch:

stormy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
I guess I don't see where we disagree? I didn't say you could find them at any local retailer. All I said was what I thought the guy did to his NES and commented that it is not relevant to many people here in the U.S. It almost looks like you didn't read the entire thread based on your response. :conf:
:oh_no:

There's no friggin way you'd find an RGB monitor at a Best Buy, Target or other electronics store. Those things are extremely rare in North America.

If you want RGB in it, buy it and install it yourself...

Even then, RGB is a signal, not a connector. What connection method are you using anyways? :scratch:

Zenimus

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I guess I don't see where we disagree? I didn't say you could find them at any local retailer. All I said was what I thought the guy did to his NES and commented that it is not relevant to many people here in the U.S.

I think eastbayarb was just blowing smoke about all that stuff.

Besides NES and 3DO, why would he also have a PS2 and a PSX both with RGB added? If a PS2 runs PS1 games, what's the point of it?

Last edited:

Zenimus

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Alright, because of your lack of faith, I have to resort to listing these on eBay. :)

I started them at $1, and whatever price they end at is what I'll sell them for. I hate to do it this way, but I just got a tax letter claiming that I owe more money for some out-of-nowhere reason. So... looks like I gotta raise some funds.

System

Memory Card

the.bet

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
I just bid on both of them

I probably won't win though....

Good luck with your sale