FS: Naomi 2 Net Dimm CF Card Set-Up (Please Read)

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Selling the following as a lot - will not break these up. I stumbled on a great deal on all actual Naomi carts I want, so I'm going that route with a Naomi 1 board instead of this (rather awesome) set-up. My wishy-washiness is your gain!

SOLD for asking price.

$400 - PayPal F&F or add 4% for buyer protection. Price includes shipping to US only. This price is firm for the time being, as I think this is a pretty great deal considering what you're getting, and what I originally paid for the set up.

AxunWorks CF Card Modded Net Dimm:

Purchased from AxunWorks with my Axun Supergun. These custom modded Net Dimms have a CF mod directly on the board, but can still be used as a Net card to pull games from a PC or Pi set-up. I've only had this for less than a month, and it works perfectly. Has everything you need for plug and play in any Naomi. Of course, Naomi 2 games will only work on a Naomi 2. Works with Naomi, Naomi 2, and Atomiswave games. If you tried to order one of these from Axun direct it would take 4-5 months.

16 CF Card Games + USB drive with ALL Naomi 1, 2, and Atomiswave games:
Just pop in the CF card, turn on the system, and wait for boot. These boot faster than games off of a GD-Rom, and some games load much faster than others. Power Stone takes about 2 minutes to load, while a larger game like VF4 takes about 4 minutes.

Included CF card games: Dead or Alive 2, Power Stone, Capcom Vs. SNK 2, Ikaruga, King of Fighters 11, King of Fighters NeoWave, Project Justice, Metal Slug 6, Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned, Samurai Shodown 6, Giga Wing 2, Cannon Spike, Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, Dolphin Blue, Street Fighter Zero 3 Upper, Border Down.

As-Is Naomi 2 Mobo:
Works, but the "test" button is stuck on. The Naomi will boot to any game no problem, but it then goes immediately into test mode and you cannot exit. See tech thread here for additional details: https://www.neo-geo.com/forums/index.php?threads/need-some-naomi-2-help.265717/
  • I'm basically throwing this into the package as a freebee. If you want to troubleshoot and fix it, awesome. If not, you can sell it for parts.
  • Comes with a data cable, but you'll need to source a power cable, VGA, and audio cables. My power cable is custom to my Supergun and I need to keep it, sorry.
20210508_061356.jpg

20210508_061352.jpg

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I considered this, great deal. Do you know if the test thing was ever fixed? That would have been a TITTIES set up.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I considered this, great deal. Do you know if the test thing was ever fixed? That would have been a TITTIES set up.
After confirming that was the issue, I decided to just get a Naomi 1 board and hock the Naomi 2 as-is as I had sourced all the actual Naomi carts I wanted. Fixing the issue was above my skill level.

As for the Axun Net Dimm mod - I can't recommend it enough. He does super quality work. It gave me a chance to try the few Naomi and Atomiswave games I had never played before, so it served it's purpose (read: confirmed that I still don't like most Atomiswave games, and there are only 6 Naomi games I give a shit about). If you want access to all Naomi, 2, and Atomiswave games, it really is a killer set up that's much easier to deal with than the whole Pi set up. Worth the wait direct from Axun if anyone is interested.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
This was an awesome setup! Wow. Question - can you use the Axun CF setup with just a Capcom I/O? I have no experience with those at all. I know that for the netbooting setup, you need an additional power supply.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
This was an awesome setup! Wow. Question - can you use the Axun CF setup with just a Capcom I/O? I have no experience with those at all. I know that for the netbooting setup, you need an additional power supply.
Same as netbooting, you'll need the appropriate PSU. A capcom IO won't cut it (unless you mod the 3.3v voltage converter in the capcom IO, but that's another topic).

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0

What Skate said is correct. Although, if you have an AxunWorks JVS/Jamma Supergun everything is plug and play from the supergun with no external I/O or Power Supply needed. Everything you need is already in the supergun. It's pretty swanky. :) For every other set up, you'll need the external stuff as Skate mentioned.