FS: Omega Neo Geo CMVS Systems and Kits

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
It is a total bummer! I know you already told me you kept it in an air conditioned room, but splits in wood are typically the result of humidity / moisture / temperature change. Not sure what else it could be considering the unit is 14 months old. It can be touched up pretty nicely with touch up wax or putty, which I'd be happy to send to you Jon.

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
Come to think of it, today I found out that we have a couple extra Ash enclosures with our most recent build. Even though its 14 months in, I would be happy to swap the enclosure for you with a new one since we have these couple extras. I'll shoot you an email and give you some more details.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
oh dear

cant wait for those wooden cart shells to start splitting open in a few years

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
It's definitely an abnormal thing to happen. I've seen it happen a couple of times out of hundreds of units. Never to a cartridge though and there are a ton of those out there too, I think over 200 at this point.

Also, the way that the cartridges were designed and constructed was with a serious focus on durability considering they are cartridges to be inserted and knocked around.

Last edited:

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Come to think of it, today I found out that we have a couple extra Ash enclosures with our most recent build. Even though its 14 months in, I would be happy to swap the enclosure for you with a new one since we have these couple extras. I'll shoot you an email and give you some more details.

I always appreciate your help Chris! My concern is whether I need some sort of special storage conditions to protect the wood. I hope to keep it pretty, but I want to use it too.

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hey, no problem at all! I'm trying to think of what could have caused it really. If it was a one off woodworking/gluing issue, it would've revealed itself very soon after...not 14 months later. Thinking out loud here.. but in my experience moisture and humidity has to be pretty dramatic for it to be an issue. I don't know what conditions you had it in exactly...but I can say I don't use AC, or do anything special in regards to 'special conditions' with my own set. Maybe left in the sun? Somebody knocked in to, it fell? Either way, lets rebuild it.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Hey, no problem at all! I'm trying to think of what could have caused it really. If it was a one off woodworking/gluing issue, it would've revealed itself very soon after...not 14 months later. Thinking out loud here.. but in my experience moisture and humidity has to be pretty dramatic for it to be an issue. I don't know what conditions you had it in exactly...but I can say I don't use AC, or do anything special in regards to 'special conditions' with my own set. Maybe left in the sun? Somebody knocked in to, it fell? Either way, lets rebuild it.

Nope, sitting on a shelf behind tinted glass in an entertainment center situated in an air-conditioned room. I guess I'll just assume I won the loser lottery on this one. I'm definitely game for a rebuild though.

christoph

Hardened Shock Trooper
Yeah, as we've discussed, that is realllly odd. Can't speak for what could've happened to it in the last 14 months. But I will say I honestly don't think anybody needs to keep the CMVS or sticks in special conditions though. I personally don't and I don't know anybody else who does. Lets rebuild it and I guarantee you'll be in the clear.

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
Looks like everyone is having a good time here. To add to the party, the NBMs arrived yesterday and I'm getting back to work building systems. I should have a another batch ready to go in a week or so. Hopefully less. Until then, teh drama should keep you guys occupied.

Great News!

Will the order page be opened when the batch is ready or before to take pre-orders ?

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I just restocked the website with plenty of VMC models and a handful of the standard model. I'll start shipping these out in a about a week in the order of receipt.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
Why is there woodwork talk in an Omega thread? Isn't there a woodwork topic?
(I do not dislike wood in general but would prefer talk about those shiny RED *hint* MVS cases that are perhaps about to come.)

Neo_Fan

n00b
Since it seems I will finally jump on the Omega-Train as well, I just got one question: I will be using an old CRT (Euro-Scart) for now, but I´m planing on getting the xrgb-mini for my HD-TV sometime in the future. So I will be needing two different cables for the Omega, right?

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
Since it seems I will finally jump on the Omega-Train as well, I just got one question: I will be using an old CRT (Euro-Scart) for now, but I´m planing on getting the xrgb-mini for my HD-TV sometime in the future. So I will be needing two different cables for the Omega, right?
Yes. XRGB-Mini use JP21 scart . You can either buy Euro scart and JP21 scart cables with the omega or buy euro scart and a euro to jp21 converter. I would buy both cables with the Omega since the price of his cable are 15$ each and a converter is around 20$ + Shipping. The converter becomes useful if you have other console that have euro scart cable and you plan on using them with the XRGB-Mini .

Neo_Fan

n00b
Yes. XRGB-Mini use JP21 scart . You can either buy Euro scart and JP21 scart cables with the omega or buy euro scart and a euro to jp21 converter. I would buy both cables with the Omega since the price of his cable are 15$ each and a converter is around 20$ + Shipping. The converter becomes useful if you have other console that have euro scart cable and you plan on using them with the XRGB-Mini .

Thx for the quick reply. I´m still a little confused on how to connect the scart-cable to the XRGB, since it only seems to have a RGB in where the scart-cable doesn´t seem to fit at all. Or do I need another converter there? Sorry, I´m new to the upscaler-world. ;)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The RGB input on the framemeister is a little round mini din plug. When you buy them new, there is a little adapter cable that plugs in that is for a Japanese 21 pin RGB cable. This isn't wired the same as scart, so you either need to get a Euro scart to JP RGB21 adaptor, or plenty of people make a complete replacement adapter so you won't need the included Japanese cable at all. If you're handy you can also desolder/resolder the wires on the included adapter.

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
Thx for the quick reply. I´m still a little confused on how to connect the scart-cable to the XRGB, since it only seems to have a RGB in where the scart-cable doesn´t seem to fit at all. Or do I need another converter there? Sorry, I´m new to the upscaler-world. ;)

Just buy this cable from here and use it instead of the cable that comes with the XRGB Mini and use any Euro scart cable you want using this adapter.
http://www.retrogamingcables.com/european-scart-to-framemeister-xrgb-mini-converter-for-sale.html