FS: Sega Blast City Cabinet $1,000 Chicago, IL

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Hey Guys,

Due to picking up another E2 in the Philly Group Buy, I gotta let the blast go. Cabinet has no serious issues. Monitor is the manual tri-sync Nanao MS-2930. No Burn-in. Convergence issues in the corners. Nothing major when playing pcb's you can't really notice it. I mainly notice it when I hook up a pc and have it at a windows desktop. It does have the black goop. It has had it since I received it from Ken 2 years ago and I've never had an issue with it.

Here's the details, I'm not looking to ship this at all. This will be local pickup only. I live in the Chicago suburbs zip code 60007. I live in a 2nd floor apt, but I will definitely help you bring it out and load it up. I can provide more pics if requested from serious buyers. What I have out there should be enough to start. I'm looking to get $1,000.

I'd even be willing to bring this out to Philly if someone out there from the group buy is looking for another cabinet. But I will be paid up front before bringing it with me.

IMAG0135.jpg

IMAG0134.jpg

IMAG0133.jpg

IMAG0132.jpg

IMAG0131.jpg

IMAG0129.jpg

IMAG0128.jpg

IMAG0127.jpg

IMAG0126.jpg

Thanks,

Mr_B

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
good luck with the sale man. hopefully it stays in the midwest.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Come on, there's gotta be someone out there who wants this. Make me a resonable offer, I'd even be willing to take some pcb's and cash.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Come 'on people, make me a reasonable offer. Is there something I'm missing here? This cab has good sticks and buttons, and no burn in. I replaced the jamma edge connector on the 001 loom. You aren't going to be able to get a cab this clean from Ken at this price. I'd be keeping this if I had more room. Someone needs to take advantage of this.

Sypth

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I would love to have this, I just don't have enough folding money to spare right now.

Detroit44

n00b
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I have looked at A LOT of Blast City's over the past six-months (before buying my current cab) and this unit is in fantastic shape and priced great. It should sell soon. Good luck!

aclbandit

Another Striker
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Always good to see one somewhere that ISN'T the west coast -- they get all the candy cab love!

It's too bad I just picked up a DK -- I'd love to have one of these.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
It's not your price that is bad (far from it) but the timing.

There are 6+1 (I may pick up the extra from VT) Blasts coming to the East Coast, and many more coming to Canada *very* soon.

NipRing just sold one out your way, and even 300W has had one sitting in Cali for *way* longer than I thought it would take it to move.

Market is flooded right now.

Your price is awesome, considering the condition, extras, and time put into this cab.

There's always supernaut_, who coincidently- is naut getting in on the Philly group buy. He wants a cab; you could PM him, and see if he wants you to bring it to town.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Rating - 100%
216   0   0
I did eventually sell that Blast City. But I have 2 more I am consider selling. But like you said, it's the timing, so I haven't posted them for sale just yet.

It's not your price that is bad (far from it) but the timing.

There are 6+1 (I may pick up the extra from VT) Blasts coming to the East Coast, and many more coming to Canada *very* soon.

NipRing just sold one out your way, and even 300W has had one sitting in Cali for *way* longer than I thought it would take it to move.

Market is flooded right now.

Your price is awesome, considering the condition, extras, and time put into this cab.

There's always supernaut_, who coincidently- is naut getting in on the Philly group buy. He wants a cab; you could PM him, and see if he wants you to bring it to town.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Alright guys, I'm really willing to take a massive hit on this. I don't have the room for 3 cabs. Make me an a reasonable offer and I'll be willing to let this go. I'm ready to deal here today.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Alright guys, I'm really willing to take a massive hit on this. I don't have the room for 3 cabs. Make me an a reasonable offer and I'll be willing to let this go. I'm ready to deal here today.

Did you reach out to supernaut_?

Also, hit up drexel923...he has a Videogame shop (read: room for a cab) in the same area as the drop for the Philly group buy. If the price is right, he might bite.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Yeah, I reached out to supernaut_ and got no response. I'll try drexel923. Thanks for the heads up.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Yeah, I reached out to supernaut_ and got no response. I'll try drexel923. Thanks for the heads up.

No worries, mang. Wish I had room for it myself.

I'll ask around town, to see if any other Philly peeps are looking for a Blast.

Unfortunately, none of the waiting list (from our group buy) folks want a Blast.

giggas

n00b
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Hey, I missed out on the sweet Philly Cab action but I'm extremely interested in this cab if you haven't sold it yet. How much are you willing to part with it for now? I'm right in the Philly area, so I see that you'd have no problem bringing it along with you. I'd be willing to meet you where you're picking up your new cab and we could make the swap. I'd PM you, but I don't have the ability since I'm new.

giggas

n00b
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Also, if you wanted to reach me directly my email address is phil.a.summers at gmail.com.

Sorry for the double post and thanks!