FS: Twinkle Star Sprites Kit (Sold everything)

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
340   0   0
just wanted to chime in, a week after purchasing my loose TSS here for $400, 2 other loose copies have come up on ebay now. one for $550, and the other for $600.
pretty sure he can get above that for the kit.
not sure anyone really grasps how quickly the game market is spiraling out of control. its getting to be bi-monthly increases in prices i feel like.

LOL, you can't quote unsold eBay buy it nows from Neotropolis as price indicators.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I'm genuinely curious what he paid for it. Especially since I owned what he had, minus the matching serial.

Jon

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...ction-Thread&p=3681299&viewfull=1#post3681299

if people want to spend the money good on them, but it just means that future auctions and prices will be higher... putting certain games out of reach for some... pretty sure when i started looking at carts twinkle star sprites was closer to $150-200... so going over $300 is a bad thing for buyers... good for sellers though

see what i mean?

You're absolutely right, and its really is a shame. I got my TSS kit cheaper than the loose cart on eBay, and it's in excellent shape!

If I did sell my MVS kits, they wouldn't be THAT much.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Rating - 100%
325   0   0
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...ction-Thread&p=3681299&viewfull=1#post3681299

You're absolutely right, and its really is a shame. I got my TSS kit cheaper than the loose cart on eBay, and it's in excellent shape!

If I did sell my MVS kits, they wouldn't be THAT much.

ApYAtMK.gif

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
95   0   1
lol, why is it always like this? Greed, leeching, collecturds, "standup members", all this horshit needs to stop.

Kit Price 500 bucks, done!

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
To be fair, mint US kit would probably be right at $1000. This one, with the 2 main condition issues (mini-marquee, label damage), $700-800. Forum price: $600.

If he wants more, he should take my suggestion earlier and see if he do better on ebay.

Jon

PS: Although, I should point out Shawn, at this very moment, has a non-matching serial US kit in the Neo Store. Price? $1000. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
To be fair, mint US kit would probably be right at $1000. This one, with the 2 main condition issues (mini-marquee, label damage), $700-800. Forum price: $600.

If he wants more, he should take my suggestion earlier and see if he do better on ebay.

Jon

PS: Although, I should point out Shawn, at this very moment, has a non-matching serial US kit in the Neo Store. Price? $1000. Thoughts?

if he had Shawns rep it woulda sold by now

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
461   0   0
@coldwolf - hindsight 20/20 and all, so take this for what it's worth. I think I understand why you priced it where you did and you fully intend to cut a legit forum member a much lower price. In those situations it's probably better to post it something like this, "$1,400 if I don't know you, $900 obo for legit members". Just putting $1,400 out there is going to get the comments you've seen in this thread.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
This thread is a pile if shit.

MMO threads are not allowed, that's what this is.

You can get all salty with you lengthy explanations, Coldwolf, but nothing will mask the fact that you're a cheeseburger.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
nothing will mask the fact that you're a cheeseburger.

Explain the cheeseburger reference please.... FU_Pal...

xROTx

PS. I'm just curious... I have no real beefyjerk in this thread yet...

EDIT: Pardon the "Beef" pun:D

yd8o6_zpsnfp1djgh.jpg

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
I heard someone call a guy a cheeseburger at the pub yesterday.

Why not? :keke:

Gotcha;)

I was thinking it was some sort of weird 'murikan slang...

xROTx

PS. Carry on lads.. I aint even mod'ding this weekend... I'm on Beefy prescribed meds...

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I just want to see if there are any other offers that will come up. If anything, I will do what's appropriate. In the meantime, I want to give people a chance to throw in their offers before I do anything.

This pretty much sums up what you're wanting to do here. In my view, you can't have your cake and eat it to as they say.

Meaning, you clearly want top dollar in the confines of a forum environment and as long as it goes to an upstanding member. For the most part, many have a problem with this... although it's not inherently terrible to make money off of the community if the price is decent.

That said, you're probably a solid dude, a few I've met IRL speak highly of you, but you have to see the conundrum here.

It's better to ask what you want up front (regardless if you're making $xx whatever off off the deal) and stick with that. If you're unsure and want to have it go to the highest offer which is basically what you're doing here in the nicest way possible, you should probably take a gamble and list it on eBay.

Otherwise, I say list it for $600-700 and be done with it. You're still probably making good money on it and you'll continue to get offers I'm sure.