Fuck Subway.

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
I hate that place their Sandwiches make me sick and wanna puke can anyone else relate?

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
There's one below my building, I haven't eaten there for years, though I do occasionally buy a drink there. Bread is shit. Their "meat" is shit. Veggies are usually nasty. Unless you live in a shit town with no real sandwich places, or you're a broke ass buster on welfare, I don't see the appeal.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
It gets boring after awhile. When I get bored of a restaurant, I don't take to the internet and complain about their food to everyone else, I just don't go there and then do something else.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
It gets boring after awhile. When I get bored of a restaurant, I don't take to the internet and complain about their food to everyone else, I just don't go there and then do something else.

That's a novel idea. How come everyone doesn't do that???

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I don't get Subway, or rather people's love for that shit hole. Their bread sucks, their toppings are poor quality, the places stink all to hell and you smell like BO when you eat at one.

With all the sammich shops out there, I just don't get why anyone would go to that dump.

I will say that long ago, they weren't bad, but we're talking 20+ years ago. Locally, Blimpie was the same way (love me a Blimpies Best)...but now ours are all closed save one and the one that is left is terrible.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Not sure what people expect out of a cheap, fast food sandwich place. This is like bitching that McDonalds has shitty hamburgers. Fucking DUH. It's fast and it's cheap. You want a good deli sandwich, go to a proper fucking deli.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I eat subway almost everyday, i just make sure to fry some eggs to go with my black forests ham. I think it taste good & its low on calorie.

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
The main reason I go there is because that's the closest place available where I live to eat at other than that a Taco truck. Plus I live very far away from a proper deli.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Not sure what people expect out of a cheap, fast food sandwich place. This is like bitching that McDonalds has shitty hamburgers. Fucking DUH. It's fast and it's cheap. You want a good deli sandwich, go to a proper fucking deli.

Dollar for dollar, there's just better to be found elsewhere (again, where I live). For example, our Jimmy John's is WAY better and the same $$.

If you want a more trashy, but WAY better tasting sub, we have Firehouse Subs and they blow Subway and JJ out of the water.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I didn't realize Subway forced you to eat their food?

Oh wait, they dont.

madman

The main reason I go there is because that's the closest place available where I live to eat at other than that a Taco truck.
They make you sick yet you still go there?

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
I guess I shouldn't bitch and moan about that place I should just eat somewhere else next time.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Dollar for dollar, there's just better to be found elsewhere (again, where I live). For example, our Jimmy John's is WAY better and the same $$.

If you want a more trashy, but WAY better tasting sub, we have Firehouse Subs and they blow Subway and JJ out of the water.

Where I live, the only chain sandwich places we have are Subway and Togo's. We had a Firehouse Subs here but it closed in what felt like 6 months. Togo's is considerably more expensive, and for that price you can go to a proper deli. My deli-of-preference here is an Italian deli, and their sandos are about the same size as a 6" from Subway (maybe slightly bigger). With chips and a drink, you're looking at just over $10.

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
I eat at Togos sometimes when I'm at classes during lunch time I like they're pastrami sandwiches.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Ya I hate subway, i went years without eating it but recently went back to it because its cheap and always around. Theres something about their veggies and bread that are off, like they are absolutely loaded with preservatives. Also, I used to work at Subway back in the day and the subs i made were epic so it made it hard to go back to their regular menu.

Cookies are good though

madman

Where I live, the only chain sandwich places we have are Subway and Togo's. We had a Firehouse Subs here but it closed in what felt like 6 months. Togo's is considerably more expensive, and for that price you can go to a proper deli. My deli-of-preference here is an Italian deli, and their sandos are about the same size as a 6" from Subway (maybe slightly bigger). With chips and a drink, you're looking at just over $10.

Togo's doesn't exist here anymore, I had a buddy that lived in the bay area and any time I was out there for work we'd meet up for lunch and he'd always pick that. I was not a big fan. Weren't they always in the same building as dunkin donuts?

One sandwich place I hated as a teenager was Schlotzsky's or however it's spelled. A couple years ago I was in North Dakota a lot for work and the chain still exists there and it turns out it's pretty damn good. Teenage me was wrong. The Schlotzsky's I frequented was next to the only brick and mortar Cinnabon store I've ever seen. The only chain sub shop I eat at now is Jersey Mike's which is pretty legit for a chain. Potbelly's started here and used to be great, but now that they've undergone massive expansion it's just not the same.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

Yeah, but they're not really cheap anymore. I used to go there all the time and get a turkey sub and a soda for $5, which isn't horrible. Now they'd charge me $10 for that same anemic sandwich, so instead I go to the deli that is also expensive but makes the best fucking sandwiches on the planet.

There's a Walmart not far from my current work that I go to sometimes at lunch when I need something. They have a built in Subway, but they also have these craptastic $4 subs in their deli section. I'll grab the walmart craptastic sub for lunch over subway every single time, it's cheaper and better.

Last edited:

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Subway is bottom of the barrel. Safeway makes better deli sandwiches.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
The main reason I go there is because that's the closest place available where I live to eat at other than that a Taco truck. Plus I live very far away from a proper deli.

Eat at the fucking taco truck you fucking tard. It's like you are purposely giving me more reasons to hate you

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
i thought i was like the only one. subway is so disgusting i refuse to eat there unless there's no other option. the smell of subway is a unique horror. my dad who is from Philadelphia owned and operated a legitimate deli so I know what a real deli smells like and tastes like from the time I was born and Subway is some sick creepy shit. The very first time I ate there was on a field trip to the baltimore aquarium and it made me so fucking sick it was scary. But other than that, its bad quality food, and its another one of those situations where I would much rather go to Wawa and use a kiosk to order my own shit. Wawa makes most fast food look like fuckin trash anyway.