Fuck Yeah Vita!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I just wanted to say that if you own a Vita (and you should if you're in this thread), you should play Freedom Wars. Probably my favorite game on the system next to Persona 4 Golden.

That is all!

I've only put about an hour into it. I assume it gets better once you are knee-deep into it?

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I've only put about an hour into it. I assume it gets better once you are knee-deep into it?

More weapons unlock, big boss monsters become a thing, and it's fun to zip around with the thorn and cut limbs off the abductors.

By the end of the game, i was using a 1H sword and a pile bunker to rip things apart.

major gripes with the game is how obtuse the upgrade and stat inheritance system is, and how it has this mobile game style "wait for everything in real time" bullshit for upgrades and whatnot.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
How is Summon Night (if anyone's playing it yet)?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Generally the fighting games on the system kinda suck. They run slow and playing them on the dpad makes your hand hurt after awhile. Dragons crown loses lots of frames of animation, and Ninja Gaiden 2 is a god damn train wreck. It's a great system don't get me wrong, but not for any of the games you're interested in.

Also the Ridge Racer for it is garbage.
Thanks for the heads up, that's too bad about Ninja Gaiden, that is truly the #1 reason I want this thing...:(

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Thanks for the heads up, that's too bad about Ninja Gaiden, that is truly the #1 reason I want this thing...:(

The first one is ok, but still has the crazy camera issues. Part two dips to like 10fps in spots...it looks like a ninja gaiden flip book.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The should have boycott the graphics in order to make the game run smoother...god damn it!

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
More weapons unlock, big boss monsters become a thing, and it's fun to zip around with the thorn and cut limbs off the abductors.

By the end of the game, i was using a 1H sword and a pile bunker to rip things apart.

major gripes with the game is how obtuse the upgrade and stat inheritance system is, and how it has this mobile game style "wait for everything in real time" bullshit for upgrades and whatnot.

I love how you get fined for some really dumb shit all the time.
Run longer than three seconds? Plus 50 years to your sentence.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Stuff like this, i know there is more, I really like the pad but my hands are big and my thumbs keep running into the analgue sticks while playing with the D-pad, which I love, and the action buttons. Any opinions on this, have you guys found yourselves getting used to it afterawhile? I'veonly played the demo units.

I got a Nyko power grip and I'm a lot happier now.
I find holding it (Vita) awkward.
It's really bad it you don't want to touch those back pads.
I was accidentally fragging everybody every couple minutes on Boderlands 2.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I have a list of games I want already but I,m still on the fence...

UMVC3
SFXTK
Ninja Gaiden Sigmas
Dengeki Bunko
Dragon's crown
Persona 4 Arena

Stuff like this, i know there is more, I really like the pad but my hands are big and my thumbs keep running into the analgue sticks while playing with the D-pad, which I love, and the action buttons. Any opinions on this, have you guys found yourselves getting used to it afterawhile? I'veonly played the demo units.
fyi the Neo Geo comp they have on PSN has Neo Turf Masters 8|

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
fyi the Neo Geo comp they have on PSN has Neo Turf Masters 8|

I did not know this! I will probably have to get it.

Been playing a ton of Dekamori Senran Kagura lately.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
How is Summon Night (if anyone's playing it yet)?

Currently playing.

• It definitely requires grinding, the game is different than others in that, you don't grind with random battles, you replay old battles to not only get more XP, and items, but you have this rating system of goals like kill all enemies, use only 3 items, that reward you with BP, you also get graded on your performance (1-5 stars).
• The Leveling up system is... interesting since you actually have choices in XP spending: Leveling up which nets some stat boosts (and some you actually choose), buying new skills, and leveling up skills. I quite like it, so far. It also has a weapon leveling system where you also buy abilities and what-not, this comes not from XP but from item drops in battle. Its like visiting Watts in Secret of Mana... except more options, but not as complex as a crafting system.
• The battles are difficult, not as difficult as Wild Arms XF, but far more difficult than say Fire Emblem.
• Dialogue is mostly funny, thought it is a WD style translation, so expect oddball references like 'turducken' being thrown occasionally. Fortunately the game lends itself to a slight silliness.

• One minor complaint, and for some it may be a no-go. One of the partners you could choose (out of 4) wears the same open-chest outfit as the Dragon-Loli girl in Fire Emblem: Awakening. Most of the other characters so far seem to wear normal clothing. Though it does have the usual minor fanservice japanese games have (Every female no matter how armored must have bare thighs). But its so far its significantly less than say Fire Emblem: Awakening.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Just picked up a slim Borderlands 2 bundle yesterday for a whopping $75. Probably gonna run around Saturday and look for some decent titles if anyone has any lol.

DPCameron

n00b
Does nobody else find the menu on the Vita (PS4 as well, for that matter) to suck? It's nice that you can use the d-pad to navigate, that's a good step up from touching things like a 2 year old, but it's not nice is it?

Having said that, I adore this thing. I got mine a year and a half ago and while it may not have the multimedia capabilities of the PSP, the games are outstanding and the feel of it is fantastic! This thread shows that.

Photo Kano Kiss for the win!

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I don't know. I love playing Sony's consoles, but none of their menu systems have been intuitive at all. And they look lame...

DPCameron

n00b
Better than that shitass PS3 XMB.

Really? I've never heard anybody say that the PS4 or Vita GUIs are better than the PS3. To each their own, I guess.

The PS3 is hardly amazing, but it was easy to figure out and quick to navigate. No GUI would be better, but we can't have everything.

The thing that baffles me is why they keep taking away functionality instead of giving more.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
For those of you with Japanese PSN accounts on your Vitas/Vita TVs, there's currently a massive sale on PSP games on the Japanese PSN store. Lots of good titles on offer. Sale ends the 17th of January.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member

kyosuke75

Mr. Big's Thug
Yeah i couldn't get passed the first hour on persona 4: golden. Maybe I just have no time for rpgs these days. I prefer arcade type games or something that doesn't require more than an hour of my time. That's what happens when you have wife and kids competing for your spare time. I love my vita though.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Yeah i couldn't get passed the first hour on persona 4: golden. Maybe I just have no time for rpgs these days. I prefer arcade type games or something that doesn't require more than an hour of my time. That's what happens when you have wife and kids competing for your spare time. I love my vita though.

mmmmkay

Also, Persona 4 is greatness. I actually got my wife to play it with me. She handled all the conversations and choices...I handled dungeons/fighting

jt4mtb

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Steins Gate is $40 :(

If you go look at all sellers, Amazon themselves is temporarily out of stock but still listed at $20. If you don't mind a wait, you could still place an order now at the $20 price and get it once they get restocked.