Fuck Yeah Vita!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
If you go look at all sellers, Amazon themselves is temporarily out of stock but still listed at $20. If you don't mind a wait, you could still place an order now at the $20 price and get it once they get restocked.

sweet! done and done. Thanks!

nug

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Does anyone have any of the One Piece games? I'm interested, but not sure if they're worth getting.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Does anyone have any of the One Piece games? I'm interested, but not sure if they're worth getting.

If you like the Musuo games and One Piece you will dig 'em

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Anyone interested in playing Umihara Kawase might want to pick it up sooner rather than later fro the PSN store. The publisher went bankrupt and the Steam versions have been delisted....PSN is probably next.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Anyone interested in playing Umihara Kawase might want to pick it up sooner rather than later fro the PSN store. The publisher went bankrupt and the Steam versions have been delisted....PSN is probably next.

Good to know, might snag that today.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
The Vita TV looks pretty good when set to 1080i video output, while 720p is a blurry-ass mess by comparison. It's kind of stupid that Sony didn't bother to redesign the interface with controllers in mind, but it's tolerable. What really does suck is that the internal memory can't be used in conjunction with a memory card. Still totally worth the $20 I paid for this thing.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Some more good price drops on Amazon. All prices are shipped and sold by Amazon, and not some shitty 3rd party.

Corpse Party Everafter Ed. - $28 (Has been getting mediocre reviews, but it does come w/ a 2-disc soundtrack and artbook).
http://www.amazon.com/Corpse-Party-..._5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1452500534&sr=1-5

Uncharted - $18 (most of you probably own it by now, if you don't then get it - Amazing game)
http://www.amazon.com/Uncharted-Gol..._9?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1452500534&sr=1-9

Hyperdevotion Noire - $17
http://www.amazon.com/Hyperdevotion...6?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1452500617&sr=1-16

LittleBigPlanet - $13
http://www.amazon.com/LittleBigPlan...8?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1452500617&sr=1-18

Freedom Wars - $10
http://www.amazon.com/Freedom-Wars-...2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1452500617&sr=1-22

Sorcery Saga Limited Ed - $26
http://www.amazon.com/Sorcery-Saga-...0?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1452501060&sr=1-80

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Absolutely love the vita. Been collecting for the thing since day 1.WP_20160108_15_18_25_Pro.jpgWP_20160108_15_18_31_Pro.jpgWP_20160108_15_18_36_Pro.jpg

Thats not any of my limited editions or anything thats in a odd box.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
NICE, very impressive! I need to take a shelf pic one of these days too.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Corpse Party Everafter Ed. - $28 (Has been getting mediocre reviews, but it does come w/ a 2-disc soundtrack and artbook).
http://www.amazon.com/Corpse-Party-..._5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1452500534&sr=1-5

Corpse Party BD is pretty mediocre to bad.
It suffers from terrible load times, stuttering during gameplay (there is a literal 1 second pause if you're running and hit a trap like broken glass on the floor as the game chugs to try and load the sound effect)
It's also the weakest game, story wise, and isn't as creepy or scary as Blood Covered or even Book of Shadows.
Musically, it's better than BoS, but has fewer good tracks than BC.
Unless you're really invested in the story and want to know what happens, you wouldn't miss much by avoiding it or watching a longplay on Youtube.

It's a slog.

I got the Everafter Edition, and the art book is just the CG screens from the 3 games. No concept art or anything neat like that.

The sound track is pretty good, since it has all the music from all the games.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
It suffers from terrible load times, stuttering during gameplay (there is a literal 1 second pause if you're running and hit a trap like broken glass on the floor as the game chugs to try and load the sound effect)

I stuck it through to the end of Lost Dimension and it suffered from these things too...kind of comes with the vita territory it seems...sadly.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I stuck it through to the end of Lost Dimension and it suffered from these things too...kind of comes with the vita territory it seems...sadly.
The thing is it really shouldnt. Why the hell did Sony use such a low read speed memory sticks. Like on some games that are cross plat the ps3 loads faster than the vita. Thats unacceptable. The Ps3 has the slowest reading speeds ever and for the vita to be worse is just baffling.

Another thing is how terrible they did with the pstv support. Games that are ports of console games not working on the pstv? Wtf doesnt MGS2/3 collections work. They're are plenty of games that dont use anything but normal controls and they dont work on it.

The whole handling of the vita has been a joke. If you dont love Japanese niche games than its a pretty much a failure to you however if you do its got an amazing library.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
The thing is it really shouldnt. Why the hell did Sony use such a low read speed memory sticks. Like on some games that are cross plat the ps3 loads faster than the vita. Thats unacceptable. The Ps3 has the slowest reading speeds ever and for the vita to be worse is just baffling.

Another thing is how terrible they did with the pstv support. Games that are ports of console games not working on the pstv? Wtf doesnt MGS2/3 collections work. They're are plenty of games that dont use anything but normal controls and they dont work on it.

The whole handling of the vita has been a joke. If you dont love Japanese niche games than its a pretty much a failure to you however if you do its got an amazing library.

totally agree - I think the deal with the PSTV that nobody realizes is I think it goes beyond what they deem "compatible". I believe the publishers are to blame for the compatibility woes. Sony should've came down harder on them. It's clear they (publishers) are merely trying to squeeze every nickel out of their IP's by forcing people to buy multiple copies. Dengeki Bunko, Hot Shots Golf, etc...these don't work because the publisher doesn't want them to. Period. It's not a switch that Sony can just "flip"...I think there is a mile of contractual red tape fucking it up.

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
What's really strange is that the Vita's memory cards actually have faster data transfer speeds than the game cards. And at least the Vita memory cards are an improvement over the memory sticks in terms of data transfer speeds, though not faster enough to justify their prices.

The Vita TV is such a tragically huge blunder. It could have been amazing had Sony handled it better. The lack of media apps relative to the actual Vita pretty much killed it as a viable streaming media player. Sony didn't even bother to integrate the device into their TVs, which doesn't make a lot of sense. Then there's the sub-par game compatibility which has already been mentioned. And the lazy interface which I brought up earlier. And of course there's still the overpriced memory cards.

Also, ysselcneogeo's pics made me realize just how much of the Vita's library is made up of redundancy and shovelware. :p

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer
What's really strange is that the Vita's memory cards actually have faster data transfer speeds than the game cards. And at least the Vita memory cards are an improvement over the memory sticks in terms of data transfer speeds, though not faster enough to justify their prices.

The Vita TV is such a tragically huge blunder. It could have been amazing had Sony handled it better. The lack of media apps relative to the actual Vita pretty much killed it as a viable streaming media player. Sony didn't even bother to integrate the device into their TVs, which doesn't make a lot of sense. Then there's the sub-par game compatibility which has already been mentioned. And the lazy interface which I brought up earlier. And of course there's still the overpriced memory cards.

Also, ysselcneogeo's pics made me realize just how much of the Vita's library is made up of redundancy and shovelware. :p

No joke, if I could use all my media apps like netflix/prime/crunchyroll, plus have it run digital games as well as Vita ones I'd probably have bought more than one for me house. But the streaming is the huge thing.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member

What kills me the most is sports games are hard to find for the system and hold just a high a price as anything else. Nothing kills the soul like playing $20 for a sports game because you know it will be hard to find in stores after a week of launch. In fact thats how almost all vita games are period.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Sony doesn't care about the Vita TV. At all. It pretty much flopped in Japan and Sony of America quietly released it here and was done with it. I own one, tried a few games on it, wasn't impressed. That being said, the Vita itself still gets the most play time out of all of my consoles/handhelds.

Also, a quick reminder/heads up that Atelier Escha & Logy Plus LE comes out next week.
This is the only physical version of the game being released and its exclusive to the NIS online store.

http://store.nisamerica.com/atelier-escha-logy-plus

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
I actually play my PSTV a ton. It's way more comfortable for RPGs to sit on the couch w/a big screen...wife wants to watch TV? upload my save and switch to vita.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Sony doesn't care about the Vita TV. At all. It pretty much flopped in Japan and Sony of America quietly released it here and was done with it. I own one, tried a few games on it, wasn't impressed. That being said, the Vita itself still gets the most play time out of all of my consoles/handhelds.

Also, a quick reminder/heads up that Atelier Escha & Logy Plus LE comes out next week.
This is the only physical version of the game being released and its exclusive to the NIS online store.

http://store.nisamerica.com/atelier-escha-logy-plus

Ew, Fuck NIS. I tried so hard to get it any game they've released and it's just made me bored to tears..

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
Ew, Fuck NIS. I tried so hard to get it any game they've released and it's just made me bored to tears..

They're certainly niche. I have enjoyed the Atelier games for the most part and Escha is one of the better ones, so this an easy buy for me.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Danganronpa 1 and 2 are on sale right now for 14 and 16 respectively with ps plus

I grabbed them because i keep hearing good things about them. Im sure its been discussed but whats the general impressions here?

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
took a shelf pic

03BEE921-983E-4628-BC9E-86021B258921_zpsbmdrejs5.gif