Fuck Yeah Vita!

Undefined

Pope Sazae's fake account
I was able to grab an 8gb card for $11 at Gamestop

EDIT: just looked and it has gone back up to $21, sorry

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I doubt any of you are...but if you are considering importing Space Hulk [or just buying it in general]...DON'T

It runs like shit. Long load times. waste of cash

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Yeah, I wish there were more physical releases...last one I picked up was Tales of Hearts R...

It sucks, it's a system with immense graphical horsepower and an amazing control scheme, but high price, low exclusives, and having to buy proprietary memory basically shot itself in the foot. It's like they didn't learn from the PSP at all. At least the PSP had more US publishers going for it.

The only semi-saving grace is the online marketplace...but forget having too much on the system due to the aforementioned memory cards.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Yeah, I wish there were more physical releases...last one I picked up was Tales of Hearts R...

It sucks, it's a system with immense graphical horsepower and an amazing control scheme, but high price, low exclusives, and having to buy proprietary memory basically shot itself in the foot. It's like they didn't learn from the PSP at all. At least the PSP had more US publishers going for it.

The only semi-saving grace is the online marketplace...but forget having too much on the system due to the aforementioned memory cards.

You can get a system and a 32g mem card for roughly what a "new 3ds" costs alone. Even when the system was newer and more expensive. I had a 16g card that I paid like $35 for. All in all I was still in the neighborhood of what I spent on my 3ds at the time. 16 did fill up fast, but I just played and bought more physical releases and all was well. Prices dropped on mem cards and. I upgraded.

Maybe my brain is too alcohol-soaked to accurately recall things, but I just don't ever recall the system having a higher price of admission than nintendo's 320x240 blocky game massacre system pro handheld 2000?

I think it was just a mis-step on the US marketing for Sony. They billed it as the "FPS AAA game handheld"...then Activision fucked it in the ass with black ops and left everyone going "no thanks". Nintendo makes good on their promises of "Nintendo" games. I really think if you follow the trail of failure it points right at Activision and Sony's lack of quality control on such a pivotal release for the western market. If Black Ops had been a quality title, things would be different for the vita.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Are there games for this system other than Anime breeding simulations?

I bought Dragons Crown, Suffered through FFX on a long plane ride and other than that I'm not playing it. Might import Darius.

Seriously though.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member

I bought Dragons Crown, Suffered through FFX on a long plane ride and other than that I'm not playing it. Might import Darius.

Seriously though.

not really man, it's very "J-centric"

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

Seriously though.

It's dead in the west, what do you expect?

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Anyone else importing Valkyrie Drive? I bought it from yes Asia and they are taking foreeevvveeeerrr to ship.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Did anybody who bought into the Gaijinworks Summon Night 5 get their DL code yet? Mine won't work - it's probably not up in the PSN Store yet.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I got my code, and they state clearly in the email that it won't work until it goes live on PSN.

Be patient.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The code wasn't a recent email right? I have an old email with reservation code.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender

Seriously though.

Whats you definition of Breeding Simulation? I can think of anime-themed games with some fanservice, and a few without any fanservice.
(But yes it does have a god awful amount of lolicon crap for it)

Do you like good JRPGs? With decent story, great characters, and zero fanservice?
It can play via digital the two Trails In The Sky Games, and Trails of Cold Steel is coming out soon.
Ys has a title on the vita as well.

If you can put up with some time management/visual novel style mechanics: Persona 4 Golden is an excellent game, and while it has sexual themes, it handles them with a bit more maturity, and I don't recall any fanservice.

Hope that helps.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Whats you definition of Breeding Simulation? I can think of anime-themed games with some fanservice, and a few without any fanservice.
(But yes it does have a god awful amount of lolicon crap for it)

Do you like good JRPGs? With decent story, great characters, and zero fanservice?
It can play via digital the two Trails In The Sky Games, and Trails of Cold Steel is coming out soon.
Ys has a title on the vita as well.

If you can put up with some time management/visual novel style mechanics: Persona 4 Golden is an excellent game, and while it has sexual themes, it handles them with a bit more maturity, and I don't recall any fanservice.

Hope that helps.

To put it another way, avoid NIS garbage.
Legend of Heroes Trails games (not the Bamco ones) are excellent. Very well paced, fights are difficult without being overwhelming. They require strategy. Only downside to these games is the overwhelming text in them.

BonusPoon said:
In other news. Ys VIII coming to PS4 and Vita.

http://www.falcom.com/ys8/index.html

I played Ys VII and liked it, but never beat it. Sounds cool.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I have a list of games I want already but I,m still on the fence...

UMVC3
SFXTK
Ninja Gaiden Sigmas
Dengeki Bunko
Dragon's crown
Persona 4 Arena

Stuff like this, i know there is more, I really like the pad but my hands are big and my thumbs keep running into the analgue sticks while playing with the D-pad, which I love, and the action buttons. Any opinions on this, have you guys found yourselves getting used to it afterawhile? I'veonly played the demo units.

jt4mtb

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
In other news. Ys VIII coming to PS4 and Vita.

http://www.falcom.com/ys8/index.html

Yes!!! I've been waiting for more info on Ys 8. I've played 7 and MoC, & both were really fun to play.

UMVC3
SFXTK
Ninja Gaiden Sigmas
Dengeki Bunko
Dragon's crown
Persona 4 Arena

Stuff like this, i know there is more, I really like the pad but my hands are big and my thumbs keep running into the analgue sticks while playing with the D-pad, which I love, and the action buttons. Any opinions on this, have you guys found yourselves getting used to it afterawhile? I'veonly played the demo units.

P4 Arena isn't on the Vita. Besides that, the only game you listed that I've played was Dragon's Crown, which I found awesome playing on vita. It's great for some occasional dungeon runs while traveling.

In general, I've never really found myself hitting the analogs when I didn't want to. For the most part, I really like the feel of it in my hands. So I guess I can say that I'm used to it.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member

UMVC3
SFXTK
Ninja Gaiden Sigmas
Dengeki Bunko
Dragon's crown
Persona 4 Arena

Generally the fighting games on the system kinda suck. They run slow and playing them on the dpad makes your hand hurt after awhile. Dragons crown loses lots of frames of animation, and Ninja Gaiden 2 is a god damn train wreck. It's a great system don't get me wrong, but not for any of the games you're interested in.

Also the Ridge Racer for it is garbage.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Generally the fighting games on the system kinda suck. They run slow and playing them on the dpad makes your hand hurt after awhile. Dragons crown loses lots of frames of animation, and Ninja Gaiden 2 is a god damn train wreck. It's a great system don't get me wrong, but not for any of the games you're interested in.

Also the Ridge Racer for it is garbage.

Dengeki Bunko plays pretty good but you can also get that on PS3 so yeah...I agree on the hurting hands btw.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Dengeki Bunko plays pretty good but you can also get that on PS3 so yeah...I agree on the hurting hands btw.

Yeah I agree, Dengeki is by far the best of the bunch. The worst offender was Arcana Heart 3...the frame skipping and slowdown are so bad the game is almost unplayable.

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I just wanted to say that if you own a Vita (and you should if you're in this thread), you should play Freedom Wars. Probably my favorite game on the system next to Persona 4 Golden.

That is all!