Fuck you david g (an honest Daedalus review)

420neogeo

Marked Wolf
Fuck you david g, this Daedalus is the biggest piece of shit. I have wasted countless time fiddling around with this thing trying to make it not have a fucked up screen all the time. Great you made a converter that can zoom in and out. Fuck you, you Canadian scum (I’m Canadian). Just wanted to impress my friend by getting my 161 cartridge to fuck the Daedalus but no; squiggly distorted screen and no last blade 2 this evening. I just wasted 20 minutes trying to make this fucking thing work. Fuck you david g

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I remember purchasing this immediately and then returning it imediately due to problems it was giving me.I was never crazy about the design.I felt that it placed too much stress on the cartridge slots.

BB

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Well, you're using a shitty bootleg cart, so you get what you pay for.

Not to defend DavidG, but all the converters are shit, honestly. The Daedalus just happens to work the best overall. If there was a converter that worked as well as the Daedalus, was reasonably priced, top-loading, and didn't hold the cart in a death grip, I might pick it up.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Well, you're using a shitty bootleg cart, so you get what you pay for.

Not to defend DavidG, but all the converters are shit, honestly. The Daedalus just happens to work the best overall. If there was a converter that worked as well as the Daedalus, was reasonably priced, top-loading, and didn't hold the cart in a death grip, I might pick it up.
I've never had issues with the magic key one I have

geladobom

War Room Troll
Buy only a Neo Geo SD and ignore the rest of the fucking made in china merchandise.
Or just get neo geo AES, MVS and buy the normal carts, if you like to give €€€€ to SNK.
I like chinese merchandise, if they working good and it have no scars on it.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I agree…but I also agree that converters are dumb in general and using a converter to play a pirate cart thats worth less than the converter isn’t really what the dumb project was designed for in the first place.

420neogeo

Marked Wolf
I bought the Daedalus when it was first released. At that time there was no AES 161 cartridge or neosd. Where’s Tonk?

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
If there was a converter that worked as well as the Daedalus, was reasonably priced, top-loading, and didn't hold the cart in a death grip, I might pick it up.
Well that answers a question that's been rattling around in my head recently. Thanks! :D

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
420neogeo all like
giphy.gif

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Buy only a Neo Geo SD and ignore the rest of the fucking made in china merchandise.
Or just get neo geo AES, MVS and buy the normal carts, if you like to give €€€€ to SNK.
I like chinese merchandise, if they working good and it have no scars on it.
Through what 30 year old hardware magic does SNK have where they still make money on long dead hardware and carts exclusively resold by hobbyists and eBayers?

geladobom

War Room Troll
Through what 30 year old hardware magic does SNK have where they still make money on long dead hardware and carts exclusively resold by hobbyists and eBayers?
Japan need to stop or they don´t stop.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
There is a racial component to all legit Neo purchases, it sounds like. If you ain’t nihonjin you’re a bootlegger. I think that’s what he’s saying. “Protect the One True Divine Ethnic Gamer Nation”