Galaxy Express 999 and Adieu Galaxy Express 999 coming out on DVD on 6/28/2011

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
I just found out that both Galaxy Express 999 and Adieu Galaxy Express 999 are coming out on DVD on June 28th at www.rightstuf.com and it's about damn time it got re-licensed and re-released. :cool:

For those of you who liked Space Battleship Yamato, Space Pirate Captain Harlock, Queen Emeraldas, Maetel Legend, The Galaxy Railways, Gun Frontier etc would enjoy these two awesome! classic films and are a fan of Leiji Matsumoto's work. :D

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
This is your best thread ever.

FINALLY coming to dvd. Of course, now I wish it was blu-ray, but I'll take what I can get. I don't even own a VHS player anymore, so I can't watch my old video tapes.

I'm not super crazy about the second movie, and honestly, I'd rather have the tv show than either, but the first movie is great. And of course, Rintaro is an awesome director.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Good to see,both galaxy express movies are getting dvd release again few companys these days bother to release older anime's.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
But who the hell is Eastern Star? I've never heard of them. Are they legit? They sound more like some HK bootleg label.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
But who the hell is Eastern Star? I've never heard of them. Are they legit? They sound more like some HK bootleg label.

i'm disappointed you didn't make a joke about the link

something like

"who is dana thompkins? is she legit?"

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
Thanks for the head's up! :buttrock:

It will be nice to finally watch these again.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
i'm disappointed you didn't make a joke about the link

something like

"who is dana thompkins? is she legit?"
?? For your information, I already knew Dana Thompkis was legit. Epic LT, motherfuckers.

Domino-chan

, Certified Gamer Chick,
20 Year Member
This is your best thread ever.

FINALLY coming to dvd. Of course, now I wish it was blu-ray, but I'll take what I can get. I don't even own a VHS player anymore, so I can't watch my old video tapes.

I'm not super crazy about the second movie, and honestly, I'd rather have the tv show than either, but the first movie is great. And of course, Rintaro is an awesome director.

Agreed on the TV series. I'd love to see that and/or the manga brought out here.

That said:
Shut_up_and_take_my_money_RE_Gues_what_this_is-s500x313-149402.jpg

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member

Eastern Star is an imprint of Discotek, which handles cult movie releases and the like. They are also handling the release of Fist of the North Star over here, having already put out the animated movie and a good chunk of the TV series so far. They've done a great job with it, too. Here is a link over to their main website.

Last edited: