Galerians on PS1; Survival Horror Sanctuary - 2/1

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
They have an ok semi playable version that is missing a lot of stuff but this would be amazing.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
That is more fan game than prototype... capcom did none of all that stuff that made you feel 1.5 is kinda complete. Funny enough I couldn't find a video of the original build that originated all that nonsense on youtube anymore, tells you how much people really care about preservation if they're willing to rewrite history with assets, story scripting and gameplay that never existed anywhere but the minds of the team that's been "restoring" (hacking) this game.

This brings back memories. I'm glad I had an incidental role in this story in a small manner, RIP bioflames, THIA and whatnot. We'll find the 80% build someday bros.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
between this and the PSX video, you've actually got my attention lately in terms of shit I did not know about! love it !!

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
That is more fan game than prototype... capcom did none of all that stuff that made you feel 1.5 is kinda complete. Funny enough I couldn't find a video of the original build that originated all that nonsense on youtube anymore, tells you how much people really care about preservation if they're willing to rewrite history with assets, story scripting and gameplay that never existed anywhere but the minds of the team that's been "restoring" (hacking) this game.

This brings back memories. I'm glad I had an incidental role in this story in a small manner, RIP bioflames, THIA and whatnot. We'll find the 80% build someday bros.
Yes its very mixed. Sadly whatever exists of the 80% completed by Capcom build is still hoarded by collectors who refused to even show much of it let alone release it

Burning Fight!!

10 Year Member
How to be an AEShole, Billy Pitt style.
lol you know nothing about hoarding autism until you see the full story of 1.5. This is public because it was pretty much forced out of the little clique who had it by a series of dramas and private leaks, otherwise we'd still be jerking it to that grainy video on the japanese RE Director's Cut bonus disc.

Also I don't believe much in the hypothesis CAPCOM might have the latest 1.5 build in their internal library... you know how it is with development assets, and technically the latest build of Resident Evil 1.5 is retail Biohazard 2. Mostly what ends up in the collectard wild are illegal personal dev copies and demo burns for the press, events, testers, rating bodies and the like, and WIP builds travelling over continents so CAPCOM in Europe/US is tuned in. There might have been many builds close to completion floating around, but its also possible there's little to no copies of it existing too.

Who knows, maybe now that the hunt is over for most the hype will die down and so will the value of treating it as a super sekrit big tymer artifact. Maybe a more complete build will show up someday. Hopefully...

Last edited:

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I remember Resident Evil: Director's Cut being lambasted on release.
Yeah I was pissed. It was supposed to have the uncut Japanese cutscenes and content that was cut for the American release. It even says so on the back of the box. Problem is that they accidently censored it again. I paid full price when it came out and felt super cheated. Capcom later issued an apology but never recalled the game. Still makes me aggravated to this day. I've followed all the info for RE 1.5 for years and would kill to have the actual almost complete version to play with.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I'd love to play an official finished version of 1.5. I wonder if there would ever be any commerical merit for Capcom finishing it off and releasing it as a downloadable title on PSN or XBL? Probably not :(

Aren't they supposed to be REMastering 4? I was hoping they'd move on to REMaking Code Veronica.

Burning Fight!!

10 Year Member
Yeah I was pissed. It was supposed to have the uncut Japanese cutscenes and content that was cut for the American release. It even says so on the back of the box. Problem is that they accidently censored it again. I paid full price when it came out and felt super cheated. Capcom later issued an apology but never recalled the game. Still makes me aggravated to this day. I've followed all the info for RE 1.5 for years and would kill to have the actual almost complete version to play with.
bwahahah the German version of all things has the cutscenes actually uncensored for who knows what reason. And PC version had those uncensored and in color since forever. The regular intro cutscene feels like a proper B-movie with the eaten face and the zombie dog shooting blood out of his blown off eye, the retail cutscene sucks all the awesomeness out of it.

Kind of off-topic but I recommend everyone interested in classic resi to look at Resident Evil Classic Rebirth: https://appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-classic-rebirth/

This modernizes the PC port that was already a bitch to run on windows XP and gives a whole lot of bonus features. Highly recommended.

GutsDozer

10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
bwahahah the German version of all things has the cutscenes actually uncensored for who knows what reason. And PC version had those uncensored and in color since forever. The regular intro cutscene feels like a proper B-movie with the eaten face and the zombie dog shooting blood out of his blown off eye, the retail cutscene sucks all the awesomeness out of it.

Kind of off-topic but I recommend everyone interested in classic resi to look at Resident Evil Classic Rebirth: https://appleofeden.de-doc.com/index.php/downloads/resident-evil-classic-rebirth/

This modernizes the PC port that was already a bitch to run on windows XP and gives a whole lot of bonus features. Highly recommended.
I need to scoop this! I've been trying for ages to run the original PC port of RE in Win95 Mode but it does not work!

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
lol you know nothing about hoarding autism until you see the full story of 1.5. This is public because it was pretty much forced out of the little clique who had it by a series of dramas and private leaks, otherwise we'd still be jerking it to that grainy video on the japanese RE Director's Cut bonus disc.

Also I don't believe much in the hypothesis CAPCOM might have the latest 1.5 build in their internal library... you know how it is with development assets, and technically the latest build of Resident Evil 1.5 is retail Biohazard 2. Mostly what ends up in the collectard wild are illegal personal dev copies and demo burns for the press, events, testers, rating bodies and the like, and WIP builds travelling over continents so CAPCOM in Europe/US is tuned in. There might have been many builds close to completion floating around, but its also possible there's little to no copies of it existing too.

Who knows, maybe now that the hunt is over for most the hype will die down and so will the value of treating it as a super sekrit big tymer artifact. Maybe a more complete build will show up someday. Hopefully...
maybe...but I won't hold my breath. The hoarding mentality is still strong in large parts of the collector community

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Devilman looks better than i remember. I might have to go back to that one. Carrier was a good game. Not great, but good.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Wow, I completely forgot about Carrier until seeing that video. Good times on that one back around 1999 or so. Between that, Blue Stinger, and Illbleed, the DC had its share of enjoyably quirky survival horror.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Wow, I completely forgot about Carrier until seeing that video. Good times on that one back around 1999 or so. Between that, Blue Stinger, and Illbleed, the DC had its share of enjoyably quirky survival horror.
DC was stacked with weird survival horror games for sure!