Game Gear

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I got one for free, anything still worth playing or mods etc? Aside from playing Surf Ninjas.

The Everdrive is expensive and so is the screen mod. Should I even bother or just pitch it. Plus the whole Re-capping issue.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I got one for free, anything still worth playing or mods etc? Aside from playing Surf Ninjas.

The Everdrive is expensive and so is the screen mod. Should I even bother or just pitch it. Plus the whole Re-capping issue.

The everdrive may be expensive, but the money it's going to save you in buying games is worth its weight in gold. It also allows you to play SMS. Stone Age Gamer has them, but they sell out of them quick.

HandHeldLegend has a Game Gear LED backlight that's super simple to install, and makes a helluva difference if you don't mind the stock LCD. Console5 has cap kits and instructions on how to do it and what caps need to be replaced. It's super easy if you have even a rudimentary knowledge of soldering. Replace the screen cover with a glass one.

Game Gear isnt sought after yet. You can still buy a bunch of games for little money.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Thanks bros. Much appreciated, gonna get this back into shape.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Don't throw it away. The hell's wrong with you?

Many, many things.

But if it was going to be a lost cause I would have just chucked it. Especially with the games included- George Foreman KO, Tengen PGA, RC Grand Prix, The Majors Pro Baseball and Monaco Super GP. All that hot shit.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I recently played Halley Wars & both Shinobis on a modded LCD and it was a great experience. The luminance was great, colors extremely vivid. The only gripe was with the d-pad, it wasn't exactly accurate. Too bad there's no additional controller input like the Nomad has.

dagoto19

n00b
I personally liked the Sonic titles on the Game Gear. Obviously not on the same technical level as the Genesis/MD versions but good fun and easy to acquire. If you're into RPGs there's the Shining Force games but not much else unless you can understand japanese. I would personally go with keeping it. Game Gear games are easy to find and cheap compared to Game Boy.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Do yourself a favor and get GG Shinobi 2 bro. The Game Gear Shinobi series is pretty cool.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Same goes to you cunt fuck.

Hey man next time you update your avatar be sure to let me know.

I'll do likewise and exclude you from sales you can't afford in the first place. You can help liquid snake in his human trafficking. That'll let you buy more games.

Shit-sack.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I would put my hands in your mouth and tear you in half from ass to mouth. To hear your flesh rip would be bliss.

Had to double check that Sylvie hadn't posted that.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
When I was a kid, I thought that the Gamegear was going to destroy the Gameboy.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
So anyhow- this thing is shot. caps, screen, the whole Joe joe. Shit's doo doo.

Think I'll get it all pimped out, just as a favor to to the dude that gifted it.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
It's an old thing Terry. Just get yourself a retropie setup to emulate it. Thank me later.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Is there still no adapter to play GG games on the Genesis or Master System? Even the Retron 5 has an adapter to do this now.

Terry, not sure if you like sports games, but I had tons of fun with the Majors Pro Baseball on the GG when I was a kid.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I think the problem w/GG games on the SMS is that the palettes end up jacked up. At least that's what I remember from the 90's.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I think the problem w/GG games on the SMS is that the palettes end up jacked up. At least that's what I remember from the 90's.

Are you thinking of the Genesis?

I can run GG on my everdrive, but the colors are fucked and the controls don't work.

Could be wrong, tho. I don't have an SMS or an everdrive to test.