Game Gear

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Are you thinking of the Genesis?

I can run GG on my everdrive, but the colors are fucked and the controls don't work.

Could be wrong, tho. I don't have an SMS or an everdrive to test.

Either one, should be the same. Running SMS/GG on Genesis just uses the Z80 of the Genesis. I think it had something to do with the palette being different on the GG because of how the LCD displayed colors or some shit. But again, this is going back 20+ years from when I read about it.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Either one, should be the same. Running SMS/GG on Genesis just uses the Z80 of the Genesis. I think it had something to do with the palette being different on the GG because of how the LCD displayed colors or some shit. But again, this is going back 20+ years from when I read about it.

The problem is the Game Gear has a larger color palette than both the SMS and Genesis. When you run a Game Gear game on a Genesis, the extended GG color registers aren't there, so the Genesis ends up displaying completely wrong colors. Supposedly, early Genesis Model 1 revisions actually have support for the GG controller buttons, but they were removed later on.