Gameboy or GBC "hidden gems"?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member

Give any GB ROM a SGB border. Pretty cool! I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Do you even game, bro?
20240415_104142.jpg

Honestly, not as terrible as I was expecting. Definitely on the lower tier of the GB fighters totem pole, but better than quite a few I've played. Solidly mediocre.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Just found dis for the GBC

by Manfred Trenz

Wow! Thanks for posting this - never heard of it either.

Stage 1 was wild! Very cool. I was like, "Hey that's the graphics from Rendering Ranger!" then I realized who did this. The fact this was developed when the GBC was relevant is also crazy. This should've been made.

1713197020619.png

Edit: just sat down with this again to see how much is in the proto. It's a full damn game. Highly recommend. Starts out easy, gets pretty scrappy towards the end. I noticed it doesn't have a game over screen, just keeps respawning after you lose all your lives, so that sucks. But so damn impressive. The music is some of the best I've ever heard on the hardware. It's as if Future Crew made a game. I would happily fork over money if someone finished this and sold it.

IMG_20240418_132212.jpg

Last edited:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member

Been playing this one a bit.

I never even heard of it until I was looking up a full list of DB games.

Seems that everyone who played it really likes it and you hardly see people mentioning it. For a GBC DBZ game it's quite unique and actually rather fun too.