Gameboy or GBC "hidden gems"?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
This looks good, so does traumatarium. Check it out. I kinda wanna order both but astebros just came out so i want that too 😭
I feel like Traumatarium is looks over gameplay - there just isn't much there in terms of anything else. It LOOKS great though. Pretty sure you can download the full game off itch.io - played it awhile back and it's not much more than a slideshow.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I feel like Traumatarium is looks over gameplay - there just isn't much there in terms of anything else. It LOOKS great though. Pretty sure you can download the full game off itch.io - played it awhile back and it's not much more than a slideshow.
Well then thank you my damie, i didnt know any more shit had been released than the trailer and i kept thinking “when do they show how the gameplay works?”
Lame nevermind.
Kudzu looks good though!

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Well then thank you my damie, i didnt know any more shit had been released than the trailer and i kept thinking “when do they show how the gameplay works?”
Lame nevermind.

yeah, sorry to ruin that one for you - I was so stoked on the art direction - they just didn't have a game to go with it. If they had done a legit dungeon crawler with that art? Holy shit

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Tiny Toon Adventures: Bab's Big Break is worth a play imo. Had it as a kid and it still holds up today:
Gonna legit play this right now. Thanks. I think it fits my current mood.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
It's super fun. The switching characters mechanic is intriguing.

Tiny Toons 1 & 2 are both great. Pretty much all Looney Tunes games on Gameboy are solid...shockingly.

Speedy Gonzalez is a balls hard Sonic clone
Bugs Crazy Castle(s) are excellent pick up and play
Carrot Crazy is dope

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I don’t think I’ve seen it mentioned in this thread yet, but Samurai Kid is an awesome little gbc action puzzle hybrid from koei that I rarely see mentioned. Imported this one back in the day and was surprised at how solid it was:

1686267210724.jpeg

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I don’t think I’ve seen it mentioned in this thread yet, but Samurai Kid is an awesome little gbc action puzzle hybrid from koei that I rarely see mentioned. Imported this one back in the day and was surprised at how solid it was:

View attachment 66013

Ive spent a bit of time with this one and liked it. Good recommendation!

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

View attachment 66013

I looked at your profile two days ago, your last login was November of last year. Where the hell you been bro

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I looked at your profile two days ago, your last login was November of last year. Where the hell you been bro
Hey bro, yeah things got crazy busy going into the holiday season last year. Aside from work, I’ve just been hanging with the family so it’s all good lol

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member

View attachment 66013

Samurai Kid is dope. The price for it has settled down too, recently. If you are into having the actual cart. It's definitely a top ten GBC game for me.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
That stupid YouTube idiot from the Seattle area (who shall not be named) has ruined the term "Hidden Gem" for me. Makes me want to vomit each time I hear it.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Tiny Toons 1 & 2 are both great. Pretty much all Looney Tunes games on Gameboy are solid...shockingly.

Speedy Gonzalez is a balls hard Sonic clone
Bugs Crazy Castle(s) are excellent pick up and play
Carrot Crazy is dope
Well, they're made by Sunsoft so it's the kind of Quality you would expect from their 8-bit games.