Games announced that would make you get excited

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I don't know if everyone is feeling like this, but every time a new game comes out or gets announced I get a "Meh, we'll see how it goes." attitude towards it. I haven't been excited for a new video game since KOF XII. Here's some games that might change that for me. What about you?

Capcom vs SNK 2 (Iron Galaxy release)

Garou Mark of the Wolves 2 (with good character animation)

Neo Geo Station resurrected with titles fans really want.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Only thing that'd get me going right meow is the next Borderlands game

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
The only game that could do that would be Half-Life 3.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Final Fantasy VII remake maybe 10 years ago. however, I'm still as excited as I ever really could be about the remake as it stands. I'd also like if a new 2D vampire savior game were announced

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Final Fantasy VII remake maybe 10 years ago. however, I'm still as excited as I ever really could be about the remake as it stands. I'd also like if a new 2D vampire savior game were announced

Everything Sylvie said plus:

Asura's Wrath 2
Battle Arena Toshinden 5
Bayonetta 3
Capcom vs SNK 3
Dead or Alive 6
Devil May Cry 5
Final Fantasy XIII Trilogy HD whatever-edition
Garou 2
God Hand 2
Metroid (set after the events of Metroid Fusion)
Ninja Gaiden 4
Ninja Warriors Again HD whatever-edition
Garou 2
Strider 4
Anything made by Vanillaware

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Hard to get excited after so many failed reboots and sequels.

Maybe another proper Panzer Dragoon.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I'd be excited for some new fun IP that's not centered around a useless gimmick.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Half Life 3 is like the Final Fantasy 7 remake for Square. It's in a glass case marked "break in case of emergency" and they need a cash infusion. Valve doesn't need to break their case yet.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Capcom vs SNK 2 (Iron Galaxy release)

Literally came in the thread to post this. I'm far too excitable and not nearly jaded enough, so there's a lot that would excite me, but I'd be excited on a different level for this.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Any announcement of a Metal Gear used to get me rock hard and excited. I would POUR over any trailers, teasers, interviews, screenshots--anything-- just to get a glimpse of story. I did this with MGSV and IMO it didn't disappoint.

I would geek the fuck if Namco made a new Rolling Thunder game.

Nothing that I see catches my now. It all seems very "same-y" and cookie cutter. It just might mean I'm old.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I have not gotten excited about any new releases in 5+ years. If I had to think about what excited me last, it might have been Sin and Punishment 2 and KOFXIII, both released almost 7 years ago. I didn't even know RE7 was even a thing until Taiso made his thread on it. The passion is completely gone.

Nowadays the most something will get out of me is, 'oh' and that'll be it. No looking at videos, screenshots, news, anything. A far cry from middle/high school when I'd spend an unhealthy amount of time on the-magicbox.com (http://the-magicbox.com/gaming.htm looks like it's less about news and more of a forum now) dreaming about playing games that wouldn't come out for months.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
Capcom vs SNK 3

With the micro transactions Capcom has been doing with the characters? I'd bet money all 46 characters in SFV (16 original and 6 characters for the next 5 years) have been done for quite a while now. It makes sense to finish it before disbanding the crew especially since this is made by another company. Not excited to see another wait 5 years and pay $210 (potientially) to play all the characters.

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
New Burning Rangers
2D Metroid
Bayonetta 2 port
Bayonetta 3
2D CvS 3
A good 3D Mario
Official Seiken Den 3 translation
PS2-style Shinobi sequel
Full remake of Panzer Dragoon Saga
Panzer Dragoon Orta sequel
Current gen online Power Stone

It's been too long of a cock tease for Half Life 3. I don't even care at this point even if it were announced.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
The only thing that would make me go out and buy a new console would be an updated Fire Pro Wrestling game. Seriously. I big update in the next Gran Turismo would be very tempting as well.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
The only thing that would make me go out and buy a new console would be an updated Fire Pro Wrestling game. Seriously.

Wait updated how? Cause the fans I talk to are pretty finicky on how it has to be presented. I likened them to the FGC fans that hate 2.5d.

NGCDFreak

Belnar Institute Student
Garou 2
Last Blade 3
Samurai spirits game
KOF XV
Whatever SNK makes in the future.
Whatever Sega makes in the future.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Wait updated how? Cause the fans I talk to are pretty finicky on how it has to be presented. I likened them to the FGC fans that hate 2.5d.

Just an updated movesets for wrestlers, some logic updates, attire mirroring/multiple attires, and more edit/logo slots would be the main things. Fire Pro Wrestling Returns pretty much has everything how it needs to be, so just an update to better suit modern wrestling would be good. I don't want a graphic overhaul, and unless they make a King of Colosseum 3- definetly no 3D.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
a fatal fury special or art of fighting 2 remake would be sweet. or a real bout 3. would also be exited for a rival schools 3.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Ridge Racer 8. Wtf happened to RR usually being a launch game when a new Sony console dropped? (Even though 6 is the best one)
2D Iga castlevania
2D Metroid
RE2 remake
Bayonetta 2 port?
King Knight's game in Shovel Knight