Gamestop XBOX 360 bundles: pass the crack pipe

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/360/360.asp

Core: $699.91
Silver: $799.90
Gold: $899.88
Ultimate: $1199.83

All I wanna know is which honcho at Gamestop is smokin' some sh*t and can they please pass some my way?

Who the hell is gonna shell out that kind of $$$? And I don't even get to pick my own games?

I can only hope EB is a little more reasonable (or should I say "rational").

-Michael

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
Just to let ya all know. I contacted Gamestop and EbGames and those prices are for online purchases ONLY. If you go pre-order(my Eb closed its pre-orders for the system itself since it has so many) at the store you can just put money down for the system if you want. This whole bundle program is only for ONLINE orders.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I have a preorder through Gamestop for a premium packaged system and Oblivion.

Nothing else.

Gamestop and EB bundles are just vile.

Howdoin

, Le BLING-BLING!,
Toys R us, Best Buy, Circuit City, Walmart and many more do not take pre-orders and don;t force stupid bundles on you... just show up there when you're ready to pick up your system.

Since the PSP re-order fiasco I have not been one in a dedicated videogame store in order to protest their pre-order policies - I only get games from major chains or small online stores like egameaddiction, gamespexpress, estarland and such.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
All I want from release is Oblivion and I can get that for my PC which will stomp all over the 360 :D

I'm holding out until Halo 3, unless Perfect Dark LE is the Halo killer.

slerch666

updyke,
Evidently EB isn't much better online.

And for those of you that think you're "safe" going to EB or GayStop and putting money down on a system only, you are sadly, sadly mistaken. Why do I say that? Because I prepaid for a PS2 MONTHS in advance of launch. 10 days before launch I get a call from the EB I prepurchased from telling me I needed to come in and put money down on 2 games in order to ensure I had a system on launch. When I pointed out that I had prepurchased my system BEFORE ANYONE ELSE (I was #1 on the list), they told me that it didn't matter and that only people who put money on the games were guaranteed a launch system, and remaining orders would be filled as stock came in starting with those that had 1-2 games prepaid as well.

Needless to say I went in and paid, though if the same thing happened today, I'd tell them I'd take them to court for illegal bundling practices and likely get away with prepaying for just a system.

At least with EB I was able to fucking CHOOSE the games I wanted.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I just go to Fry's the day something comes out and they usually have stacks as tall as me. EB and Gamestop can die.

"Macho Man" Butta Supremo

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
pixeljunkie said:
I just go to Fry's the day something comes out and they usually have stacks as tall as me. EB and Gamestop can die.

Indeed.

Fry's is fucking awesome. New games on release for $10-$15 off.

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
pixeljunkie said:

Ya know...I keep forgetting about Fry's. They sell import PSP games, dont they? That would be freakin sweet if they started selling all next gen import stuff. PS3/Rev/X360. I think Gamestop/Ebgames made a deal with the game co's to not sell imports, didnt they?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
ajk1080 said:
Ya know...I keep forgetting about Fry's. They sell import PSP games, dont they? That would be freakin sweet if they started selling all next gen import stuff. PS3/Rev/X360. I think Gamestop/Ebgames made a deal with the game co's to not sell imports, didnt they?

not gonna' happen. If those systems had no region protection then I wouldn't say that. But never gonna happen sadly.

Konig

NAM-75 Vet
what a bunch of shite.... I love how they give you a chorded controller with the core system.... like it would kill them to give you the wireless pad or something....cheap fucks.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
ajk1080 said:
Just to let ya all know. I contacted Gamestop and EbGames and those prices are for online purchases ONLY. If you go pre-order(my Eb closed its pre-orders for the system itself since it has so many) at the store you can just put money down for the system if you want. This whole bundle program is only for ONLINE orders.

Thanks for that info.

Called around to EB and on the third try found one still taking pre-orders on the $399.00 system (the other two EB's were "sold out" on pre-orders except on the $299.00 system).

With a new house and 1st baby on the way it's getting a little hard to justify laying out this kind of cash for a new system, but at least this way I can choose exacty what I want to buy.

('Course, where the Neo' is concerned the normal laws of justification just don't apply...)

slerch666

updyke,
pixeljunkie said:
not gonna' happen. If those systems had no region protection then I wouldn't say that. But never gonna happen sadly.
It's also supposed to be "illegal" or some shit to sell Japanese games over seas. Amazon Japan won't do it because of that.

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
I'll be waiting until the new year to purchase my xbox 360. I think this whole bundling thing will hurt launch sales rather than help them. The dreamcast was the last system I preordered and picked up on launch. I doubt I'll ever be that excited for a system again to want one at launch.

Highlander67

Sultan of Slugs
Actually the Fry's store here does sell import PSP games. Not a big selction of them but I remember about 7 titles available to buy that are import games.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
$1199.83 for an 'ultimate' bundle??? Now that's fucking comedy right there folks. These major video game only chains are going to price themselves right out of business in their grand crusades to fuck over every single customer who walks through their doors - can't wait to see that.

slerch666

updyke,
galfordo said:
$1199.83 for an 'ultimate' bundle??? Now that's fucking comedy right there folks. These major video game only chains are going to price themselves right out of business in their grand crusades to fuck over every single customer who walks through their doors - can't wait to see that.
Well, except for the fact that if you actually read before posting, these are the ONLINE prices anyway, so it won't be the walk in customers they are fucking.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Still, whew! When you first see the topic, you really do start to ask what Gamestop has been smoking. I'd love to see how unsuccessful those online bundles are going to be.

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
slerch666 said:
Well, except for the fact that if you actually read before posting, these are the ONLINE prices anyway, so it won't be the walk in customers they are fucking.

Whoa... Since when can I get a fuck for walking into Gamestop? Damn, there's this cute little tight assed geeky chick working in my local GS... I'd love to turn that out proper!

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
What the hell you dont even get an HDMI cable for those prices?

slerch666

updyke,
gamejunkie said:
Whoa... Since when can I get a fuck for walking into Gamestop? Damn, there's this cute little tight assed geeky chick working in my local GS... I'd love to turn that out proper!
Well, if it were a Game Stop fucking, considering the only thing working in the stores near me are men (if you can call those creepy video game guys men), I definitely don't want a fucking when I go into a Gamestop. Avoiding that alone would be worth paying the $1100 for!

"Macho Man" Butta Supremo

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
Highlander67 said:
Actually the Fry's store here does sell import PSP games. Not a big selction of them but I remember about 7 titles available to buy that are import games.

The Fry's here has import PSP and DS games.

I'd imagine they won't sell regular console imports since home systems aren't region free.

slerch666

updyke,
buttasuperb said:
The Fry's here has import PSP and DS games.

I'd imagine they won't sell regular console imports since home systems aren't region free.
I remember EB was selling Saturn imports back in the day. Too bad they waited until the Saturn was dead in the US and Japan to start that, since by the time they started there wasn't much new coming out in JPN worth having.

kobylka68

Basara's Blade Keeper
Spike said:
What the hell you dont even get an HDMI cable for those prices?

Thats right so you spend your 1 grand on the bundle then an extra $50 for the vga cable or hdmi cable