Garou does not boot consistently. Goes into test mode

KLB

n00b
Hello,

I've recently acquired a blast city cabinet. All my games have been working fine on my supergun. I've since installed my MV-1 board into the blast city and I'm finding that Garou has been inconsistent with wanting to work. The cabinet will go directly to the cross hatch test when the game fails to load.

Does anybody know what can be causing this issue? It only seems to be affecting Garou. All other games are working fine.

Thanks

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hello,

I've recently acquired a blast city cabinet. All my games have been working fine on my supergun. I've since installed my MV-1 board into the blast city and I'm finding that Garou has been inconsistent with wanting to work. The cabinet will go directly to the cross hatch test when the game fails to load.

Does anybody know what can be causing this issue? It only seems to be affecting Garou. All other games are working fine.

Thanks

clean the contacts.

KLB

n00b
I've cleaned the contacts already actually with 99% isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swab. It's still having the same issues.

Thanks though

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
Take the cart apart and clean it with de-oxit 5 or some kind of contact cleaner to restore/promote connectivity. Alcohol won't deal with oxidization.

Also, do the boards in the cart move around much? Is there anything wrong with the cart shell that might cause the game from being seated fully/correct?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Whenever you get a crosshatch screen with a game it means it's not reading the program roms. Like already mentioned, you can use some deoxit-d5 to clean the cart contacts, if you don't have any on hand at the moment, use a pink eraser on the contacts. Check for any corrosion on the cart contacts as well.

It's a good habit to apply deoxit-d5 on the cart contacts before inserting the game to play as it cleans the contacts as well as your cart slot at the same time.

KLB

n00b
Take the cart apart and clean it with de-oxit 5 or some kind of contact cleaner to restore/promote connectivity. Alcohol won't deal with oxidization.

Also, do the boards in the cart move around much? Is there anything wrong with the cart shell that might cause the game from being seated fully/correct?

The boards are solid in the shell btw. This is the newest cart I own so I'm surprised it's the one having issues.

KLB

n00b
Ok, just went over the contacts again and it's working! Time to pickup some deoxit-d5.

Thanks everyone

So weird...