Garou Mark of the Wolves 2 Data Found

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
I wouldn't call it debunked, you'll never know.
Ok maybe not 100% for sure debunked, but it casts some serious doubts on that screenshot now. Especially since we have no idea where it really came from.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
The Saudi Arabia Company is bleeding out the stuff or Japan is affaid to lost all is investment. (y)

The fuck are you talking about? What investment would still be relevant 20+ years later?

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
At first I thought that gelabombom was just a retarded adult but now I realize he's some 10-yo kid, he was unaware that computers used to have CRT monitors.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
The super shadows were *blue*…

-laughs in DesBarres
*muhahajahhajajjaja*

This shit is debunked. Look how the grasses line up, and the Last Bird. Great detective work!!

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
In development games using placeholder art shocker
Yes many do, but usually they're very rough and simple graphics that are related to the game, not assets ripped from other games unless they're directly related (such as the previous game in a series). These graphics appear to be from multiple games from different and unrelated series. I'm not saying that that doesn't happen now and then, but everything that has come to light so far is pointing to this 'screenshot' being a fan made fake.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Have you ever been able to pause a Neo Geo game in the arcade? Also, have you ever seen a fighting game in an arcade where time was set to infinite? I am legitimately asking, but in my case, it's no to both of those things, and I've spent thousands of hours in arcades here and in Japan over the last few decades.

I don't know where the screenshot came from, but I think it's pretty safe to rule out the possibility of it coming from a location test.

Also, I keep coming back to this - people keep mentioning dumping something in relation to this. What do people think there is to dump? I'm skeptical that a playable build was ever compiled, judging by the limited number of assets. But who the hell knows?
That’s not that odd on dev stuff. My Sam Sho 64 prototype can be paused. Usually build in function for screen shots. Not saying that makes the screens legit but it’s not that odd of a feature

Last edited:

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Sure, I get that for dev builds. Somebody suggested that the screenshot came from a location test though. It would absolutely be odd to leave pause functionality in place on a location test version.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Sure, I get that for dev builds. Somebody suggested that the screenshot came from a location test though. It would absolutely be odd to leave pause functionality in place on a location test version.

I’ve been to several loketests before, during, and after this game came out. Never seen a pause function.

Last edited:

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
The game never made it past the bits and pieces - they never got past the design and sprite stuffs - fucking playable demo, bullshit

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member

ahh. Yeah that’s a bit different. I’m sure the screenshot is bunk all the same

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
The game never made it past the bits and pieces - they never got past the design and sprite stuffs - fucking playable demo, bullshit
Yes had it been that close to completion the new SNK rights holders would have buttoned it up and released it. Nobody is leaving a 70ish% complete sequel to a beloved game on the table if it’s just at the finish/polish stage

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
Yes had it been that close to completion the new SNK rights holders would have buttoned it up and released it. Nobody is leaving a 70ish% complete sequel to a beloved game on the table if it’s just at the finish/polish stage
Isn't that basically what happened with svc? Thought I read somewhere that it was partially complete before snks bankruptcy so play more focused on buttoning it up and getting it out quickly.

geladobom

War Room Troll
The fuck are you talking about? What investment would still be relevant 20+ years later?
I don´t know maybe retarded people keeps making others being so special with some stupid and small private data as never found it yet. (It keeps appearing)
Why Saudi Arabia decided to buy SNK now?
Incompetent fools. Where's announcements? New games? New team making new games in Saudi Arabia?
The old NeoGeo is more then dead, what we see is just clone consoles and clone games.
SEGA made the Mega Drive 2 mini and Sega CD mini for what?
Making profit, but people in japan are not stupid to buy it again.... "clones"
There is no business can handle a new console from the zero.
Sony it keeps killing it self.

Attachments

• final_622691c5fe92dd00e7612c30_539774.gif
    final_622691c5fe92dd00e7612c30_539774.gif
    7.4 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I don´t know maybe retarded people keeps making others being so special with some stupid and small private data as never found it yet. (It keeps appearing)
Why Saudi Arabia decided to buy SNK now?
Incompetent fools. Where's announcements? New games? New team making new games in Saudi Arabia?
The old NeoGeo is more then dead, what we see is just clone consoles and clone games.
SEGA made the Mega Drive 2 mini and Sega CD mini for what?
Making profit, but people in japan are not stupid to buy it again.... "clones"
There is no business can handle a new console from the zero.
Sony it keeps killing it self.

Quoted for preservation reasons.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
But the guy who post that picture was added in to is TV. Mugen is emulated on any console in 2003?

This guy took an unfair beating here for his comment above. The language translator likely butchered what he was trying to say.

Here’s some additional KEY information about the origin of these “Garou Special” pics; and what I believe this guy was referring to with his comments about a CRT being involved.

I had to dig really deep to find these, which was why I was so late to chime in here. Here are the alleged origins of these 2 infamous screenshots. (taken of it being played on a home CRT)

Picture 1

F5D1AC2A-2E44-484F-8DF8-2C2B0633513B.jpeg

Picture 2

CFAF0BC4-3613-4903-9CD6-930A46636BED.jpeg

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
This looks like a photo from your average 13 year old trying to pull a fast one. "Look! It's on the TV! Therefore it has to be real, see! Nevermind the fact that I have intentionally decided not to show you a neogeo, super gun or game board in this picture."