Genders and pronouns and rage

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I’m curious as to what everybody’s opinion is on the increasing trend on being able to identify as whatever gender you want. I literally had to be taught the terms being used in that South Park butthole game, and I’ve been seeing a lot of different options lately when checking in and out of hospitals.

Should a person born male be able to decide that they’re going to be a female? If so, what does that mean? Should your feet be held to the fire if you don’t use their preferred pronouns?

I was going to say ‘we have some trannies on this site,’ but now apparently that’s an offensive term? I officially feel old now that I’m having a hard time keeping up with all of these rule changes.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I'm 30. I live in a city that is fully wound up in this, and I date a monogamous girl who identifies queer. That being said, I have spent honestly too much time putting myself in the shoes of our friends, and of other humans who's stories I have heard in recent gossip/idle chit chat. I accept, and see the reasons behind all possible identities other than "they."
I don't have anything interesting or constructive to say about it, but my gut instinct takeaway is special snowflake, stfu.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I don't mind calling someone whatever they want to be called, because if someone is too ridiculous, I'm not going to be talking to them anyway. Like some of the new, imaginary pronouns that don't relate to anything. But someone who simply transitions to another gender, I have no problem with.

What I don't like are science deniers. People who want to pretend like physical gender, chromosomes, etc., aren't actual things. If you want to think of yourself as a woman, a man, neither, whatever, yeah, knock yourself out. But if you need to go to the hospital for some reason or want to compete in sports or something, it's time to be real for a second. As someone else pointed out, if you have sharp, lower abdominal pain and need to see a doctor, their prognosis can be very different depending on what gender you were born as. Your actual physical gender, not what you "identify" as. And a doctor misdiagnosing because you don't want to accept your physical reality can have serious consequences. And that's cool, on your head be it, but I'm not a huge fan of idiots.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
In short I dont give a shit.

But I wont call a Snooker ball a football.

I have a simplistic view of these things as in reality gender is a simple thing.

You are male or female.
Occasionally you may get a genetic mutation but in general you are 1 of 2.

If you are a guy who likes guys you are gay, Thats fine.
If you are a girl who likes girls you are a lesbian, Also fine.
If you are a guy who likes to dress as a woman or visa versa you are a cross dresser thats fine.

But if you are a guy who has plastic surgery and ya dick cut off well you are still a guy.
If you choose to do that fine its your life.
But ya still a guy and you always will be.

Call yaself whatever you want but those be the facts of the world and if you dont like it, Well snowflake I dont give a toss.

defalt

Cheng's Errand Boy
Sex exist. Gender does too, but can't be changed and even if 2 frustrated 13 year olds decide that if people don't call them "he/she/helicopter" they should burn, this changes nothing. You're either a guy or a girl and that cannot be changed. Even a tranny, yes I say tranny/trap and if this offenses someone then... I don't give a damn. if he is born male he stays male, may that progressist crap f¤ck off this planet. EVERY day there is at least one person who annoys me with this shit, I'm in high school so people like this represent 1/3 of all.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It doesn't take a genius to understand why "Tranny" is an offensive term.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
You're a male or a female not a dolphin or a sandwich or whatever bullshit you come up with. Bashing aside I don't really think about it much and I've yet to meet anyone who's like this either which is good because they'd probably be annoying.

I feel sorry for those who're surrounded by this madness, it must drive you fucking insane.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
It doesn't take a genius to understand why "Tranny" is an offensive term.
Then maybe you should talk to some of the people here who have transitioned/are transitioning and convince them to stop using the term. Alternately, you could stop trying to decide for other people when they're supposed to be offended.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Two genders, everything else is a psychological issue.
Getting your balls and dick cut off doesn't magically rewrite your chromosomes either.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm 30. I live in a city that is fully wound up in this, and I date a monogamous girl who identifies queer.

So is she a gay man in a woman's body, a lesbian in a man's body? Obviously can't be queer female woman dating a guy.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
So is she a gay man in a woman's body, a lesbian in a man's body? Obviously can't be queer female woman dating a guy.

I think what he's trying to say is that he likes getting pegged.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
What about in cases where the chromosomes don't match at birth?

even there, it's the person's choice whether or not to explore their limited time in this plane the way they want to with whatever metaphysical concept of gender they like.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
2d78a385cfde66f9b76545d2ebbfd00e.jpg

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
As was noted by fakexsound in another thread, the thing about "they" that bugs me is that it's grammatically incorrect.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I refer to people as whatever they tell me they want to be called, I don't care, it's just a word(s), and if it makes them happy/content, fine.

On a related note, I take a lot of online surveys, and I've noticed that they now typically ask if you're (A) Male, (B) Female, (C) Non-Binary, Transgender, etc., which, again, is fine, it doesn't bother me and they're only interested for statistical purposes anyway.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
As was noted by fakexsound in another thread, the thing about "they" that bugs me is that it's grammatically incorrect.

This.

I'll call you whatever you like, what do I care. Unless it forces me to sound like I was bringed up wrong.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
There's male, there's female...that's it.

You're going to be addressed based on how you look, and how you act. Look like a dude, don't get offended when someone calls you sir. Look like a girl, don't get pissed when someone calls you miss.

Like anything else, people have taken shit too far and things are out of hand in some cases.

Two genders, everything else is a psychological issue.
Getting your balls and dick cut off doesn't magically rewrite your chromosomes either.

Exactly, call it gender dysphoria, call it whatever. Someone's mind and body being at odds with each other is indeed a psychological issue.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Hmm, I've literally never come across this with people before. I keep seeing all of this identity business online, see people talking about it, but other than homosexuals, I've never come across someone identifying as something other than male or female or anyone who's gotten worked up about the subject.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member

You're going to be addressed based on how you look, and how you act. Look like a dude, don't get offended when someone calls you sir. Look like a girl, don't get pissed when someone calls you miss.

What about people that half-ass their efforts? I deal with a crossdressing dude makes it a point to correct people's pronouns. Like, I don't judge this guy for wanting to dress like a woman, however, he doesn't go the full mile, either. Meaning, when I'm talking with him, he makes no effort to feminize his voice. The guy is a god damn baritone and I often find myself psychologically trying to meet his register like I do with other dudes I talk to. Even though I'm looking at a dude dressing like a woman, his voice is clearly reminding me that this is, in fact, a man I am talking to. It's so easy for me to say "thanks, man" when we're finished speaking.

This guy is always quick to correct us --"I'm clearly a woman," he'll say. Well, no, it's not clear. At least not to me. Especially when I've seen this dude go off on "whooping ass in the Gulf War."

My coworker is a bit stricter with his rules of handling these situations. He will call them whatever names they want to be called, but he refuses to use their preferred pronouns. Like, if you're a dude who wants to be called Michelle, he'll call you that, but he won't call you a girl. It's a weird distinction, however I guess I can't say anything because I demand them to fully immerse themselves in the lifestyle if they want to get me on board with what they want to be called.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member

Like anything else, people have taken shit too far and things are out of hand in some cases.

Exactly, call it gender dysphoria, call it whatever. Someone's mind and body being at odds with each other is indeed a psychological issue.

Sais the bearded lady (jk)
So much of human experience is "psychological" who cares?
Life's too short

Interesting reading Songohan's post about someone refusing to call some by a particular pronoun.
Thinking about it, there is a right to self identify a certain way and there is also a right to outwardly describe the world as you see it. It goes beyond freedom of speech. It's not about being unsympathetic as much as it is about not allowing someone's own subjectivity to somehow affect your own. It's a bit of a conundrum.

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
It all depends. I don't go out of my way to antagonize in general. But if you jump all over me for a mistake, I'm going to be a dick. Happened with Reso, oh well.

In general, I try to leave out sir or mam which isn't how I was raised. I was told whitey saying mam and sir to African Americans is condescending. Never my intention to come across that way.

There's no way to do anything that someone somewhere won't say they're offended so fuck everyone equally blind to race, religion, sexuality or country of origin.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Sais the bearded lady (jk)
So much of human experience is "psychological" who cares?
Life's too short

Interesting reading Songohan's post about someone refusing to call some by a particular pronoun.
Thinking about it, there is a right to self identify a certain way and there is also a right to outwardly describe the world as you see it. It goes beyond freedom of speech. It's not about being unsympathetic as much as it is about not allowing someone's own subjectivity to somehow affect your own. It's a bit of a conundrum.

No offense taken...and I figured it would come up.

I've had nearly 4 years to digest things and seek council since "coming out". I clearly have gender dysphoria, I consider it to be psychological issue, something that doesn't bring me peace of mind. Because of this, I'd never ask someone to buy into my mental issue and address me as something I'm not. Putting on a dress, changing my demeanor, even having SRS...none of these things would make me a woman.