Georgia imposes voter tax, claims it’s not.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
https://www.ajc.com/news/state--reg...lots-for-june-primary/HjCC1CsCIsL9sClLZ83hmJ/

In short, the Georgia absentee ballots do not cover return postage, which means that anyone who wants to mail in their vote will need to go buy a stamp. While I imagine you can print them at home, this creates a further barrier to people being able to safely cast their votes in this time of global pandemic.

And yes, the decision to charge postage for voting does target minorities in georgia, because of course.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
This isn’t anything new for GA.

If the state could, they’d tax getting an erection.

Marek

Banned
Abasuto hasn't said much since his "we'll dont sneak into this country if you dont want to sit in a hot cage" comment.

I wonder what our original tranny thinks about this in his homestate?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Abs is still around?

On clicking on this thread I thought perhaps i'd missed a story where Georgia was adding an additional tax.

Much to my relief, it's still only the shitty no-stamp tax. I Wouldn't have put it past them to levy an additional one on top of the stamp.

Why do people keep voting these fucks in?

Wasabi, what's the chance of the no-return stamp being challenged in court (and won?)

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Abs is still around?

On clicking on this thread I thought perhaps i'd missed a story where Georgia was adding an additional tax.

Much to my relief, it's still only the shitty no-stamp tax. I Wouldn't have put it past them to levy an additional one on top of the stamp.

Wasabi, what's the chance of the no-return stamp being challenged in court (and won?)

People keep voting them in because they’re stupid. The current gov had to fucking cheat to win. People at work keep voting those dumb fucks in and keep asking why we never get a raise, decent equipment, ect. Well it’s because they voted against the candidate who said she’d reinstate step raises and costs of living. These dumb fucks constantly vote against their own interests. Rant over.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Abs is still around?

probably not that great. I mean, it's kind of a joke really. I don't like absentee voting regardless, and I don't much like being able to vote with a posted and addressed envelope (people should sign in blood, with their finger print, and all prints will be run through a database to toss out dupes), but I do think they should encourage early voting so that people can vote safely without long lines.

If the state of Georgia was sending out other items that had return postage, such as tax forms, then there would be a question of custom and precedent.

But this is essentially what we joked about a month ago relating to how the current administration would find ways to stifle absentee voting. Next stop will be to shut down Georgia's polling centers in places where black people can safely vote, and route all voting through klan controlled districts.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Kemp's anti-black vote initiatives remove 3 black voters for every 1 white voter (75%).

Covid-19 on the other hand kills Black Georgians at an 80% clip.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Kemp's anti-black vote initiatives remove 3 black voters for every 1 white voter (75%).

Covid-19 on the other hand kills Black Georgians at an 80% clip.

How can you combine both, and increase those numbers?

Trump supporters: "we're working on it."

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Hmmm Something ain't right.
EYQiXzPXQAEFCWm

"The X-axis was set up that way to show descending values to more easily demonstrate peak values and counties on those dates," Candice Broce, communications director for Gov. Brian Kemp's office, tweeted on Monday. "Our mission failed. We apologize. It is fixed."

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...-states-election-funding-mail-in-ballot-plans

The Trump Administration is making moves to expand the voter suppression.

Donald Trump falsely accused two states of facilitating voter fraud and threatened to withhold critical election funding from them on Wednesday because of their efforts to make it easier to cast a ballot during the Covid-19 pandemic.

Trump targeted Nevada and Michigan, a critical swing state he won by just over 10,000 votes in 2016. Trump incorrectly said Michigan was planning to send a mail-in ballot to every voter for elections in 2020. The state announced on Tuesday it was sending an absentee ballot application, not a ballot, to every registered voter.

Georgia’s secretary of state, a Republican, announced a similar plan earlier this year, a plan reportedly developed in coordination with the Trump campaign. Republican secretaries of state in other places, including Iowa and West Virginia have also decided to send absentee ballot applications to all voters.

In a second tweet on Wednesday, Trump also suggested he would block federal funding from Nevada after its Republican secretary of state decided to mail a ballot to voters for the state’s 9 June primary. Facing a Democratic-led lawsuit, Clark county, home of 70% of voters, agreed to send ballots to not just active voters, but inactive ones the state suspects have moved. Republicans argue that decision leaves ballots vulnerable to fraud.

Several studies have shown voter fraud is extremely rare and Trump himself voted by mail in Florida earlier this year.

“President Donald Trump’s statement is false. The Bureau of Elections is mailing absent voter applications, not ballots,” Jake Rollow, a spokesman for Michigan’s secretary of state, Jocelyn Benson, a Democrat, said in a statement. “Applications are mailed nearly every election cycle by both major parties and countless advocacy and nonpartisan organizations.”

But Benson’s effort could still be met with a legal challenge, the Detroit Free Press reported on Tuesday. In 2008, the Michigan court of appeals ruled that a local clerk could not automatically send voters over 60 an absentee ballot application, a ruling that could be used to challenge the state’s decision.

Trump’s tweets underscore the escalating war over vote-by-mail between Republicans and Democrats. Democrats are aggressively moving to expand mail-in voting options amid the pandemic, while Republicans are allocating at least $20m to oppose those efforts. Republicans generally have been open to plans to mail applications to voters, but have firmly resisted efforts to automatically send ballots.

Wednesday’s tweets elevated that fight, suggesting that the president could interfere in state elections. It is unclear if he has the authority to block the funds. A senior administration official said “no decisions have been made at this time, discussions are on-going.”

Congress approved $400m in election assistance earlier this year, a small fraction of the $4bn experts say is needed. Michigan requested about $11.3m in federal funds to help it run elections this year and has spent $4.5m to mail absentee ballot applications.

Nevada requested nearly $4.5m in federal funding to help facilitate voting by mail this year. State officials said they plan to use the money to print ballots and pay for postage and “a large-scale voter education campaign”.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Yes, trump votes by mail. His ballot was collected and brought to the polling place by a political operative.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I think Trump actually may be retarded. Like medically.

I thought he was just a crony capitalist demagogue looking to keep building his brand and retire filthy rich with Secret Service protection for the rest of his days, but after the reports of him taking Chloro-whateverthefuck-quin I actually think the dude has brain damage.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I think Trump actually may be retarded. Like medically.

I thought he was just a crony capitalist demagogue looking to keep building his brand and retire filthy rich with Secret Service protection for the rest of his days, but after the reports of him taking Chloro-whateverthefuck-quin I actually think the dude has brain damage.

I tend to think its rooted in a sort of bragging rights/desire to be the guy with the answers personality thing. You take bigger risks, tout your successes, ignore your failures. If it turns out hydroxychloroquine does something, anything for coronavirus, he'll talk about it, how he was the first one to talk about it, his big brain, all that standard playbook. If it doesn't, just move on to the next thing, make noise there and the attention redirects pretty quickly.

I don't think the guy is super smart, but I do think he knows how to drive conversation that always has his opponents playing catch up.

Just my speculation of course.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I think he fell and hit his head getting out of the White House bathtub that Taft got stuck in.