Getting Nvidia 3DTV to work with unsupported monitor devices:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
3DTV turns most standard PC games into active or passive 3D with 3D Televisions or monitors. It can even output to Anaglyph on many standard sets.

Nvidia announced it was dropping support for 3D on April 2020.

The last version to support it was 4.18

Personal example: I just upgraded my graphics card and didn’t get the memo. I had my system hacked to a fake monitor driver to get it working. I assume Nvidia charged a licensing fee to manufacturers for support. Making matters worse they never seem to post a clear list of exactly what monitors and cards are supported. I paid $40 for the 3DTV play program only to find out afterwards my monitor wasn’t supported.

How to do it:

Upgrade you’re graphics driver to version 4.18 and make sure you don’t have any conflicts in your device manager.

3DTV and 3D Vision (3D Vision plays pictures and videos ) applications are now free but they won’t work if your monitor or television is unsupported.

Make sure the TV is set to 3D and turn your glasses on

Open the Nvidia settings tray, it should be running in the lower right corner or also under computer settings.

Under Setup stereoscopic 3Dsettings check the enable 3D box on the top left (if possible) keep trying in the later steps if it doesn’t let you.

Make sure your monitor is being recognized under the change resolution tab to 3d 720p

Click Set up stereoscopic 3D Click the down arrow on the bottom left tab and then Run Setup Wizard

Go through the test and accept the policy agreements

Click Test stereoscopic 3D and not the arrow If you are able to see the video in 3D its working

Once you exit the video if you see the words: For the ultimate 3D TV gaming experience, get Nvidia 3DTV Play and not a picture icon unfortunately your display is not supported and you need to keep reading.

It should say under 3D display type: HDMI Blu-Ray player if you have one.

Now games will play with a slight 3D effect but you won’t be able to adjust them without that 3DTV Play verification. Really you need to be able to adjust the depth and convergence and some other features to fully appreciate the 3D experience.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/73peh1

This person seems to have made this registry hack to be able to get 1080p Vs 1080i out of some TV/monitors but it also works for my purpose, getting an unsupported device to be adjustable.

You should follow his directions

Quick breakdown

Download the Nvidia_S3D.zip file and uncompress it. Place the file on your desktop for ease of use because it seems you need to do this process every time you want to play a game using these features. Maybe I’m missing a step, I’ll try and update.

Run regedit.exe

You should backup your settings, Go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\Stereo3D"(for 32bit Win without "Wow6432Node" right Click-export for backup

Run the game you want to play, make sure it’s setup in a video mode supported by 3D, usually 720 or 1080.

Exit the game leaving it running and go to the desktop. There’s several different ways to do this. The windows key, ALT+TAB or ALT+ENTER and so on

In the settings folder run the BAT file as an administer, enter the size of your monitor and press any key twice

I’m using an active display so I then run the BatFile under output/sequential file as an administrator.

Open the game back up and you should get a message box in the lower right corner of the screen showing it’s working.

Press CTR + NUM(/) to get rid of it

In the root of the registry hack file is a hotkey.txt file that list all the shortcuts. Not all of them work for every game, that’s normal. Not every game has support for all the features.

Attachments

• 20211221_092920.jpg
    20211221_092920.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 2
  • 20211221_093854.jpg
    20211221_093854.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
  • 20211221_094720.jpg
    20211221_094720.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 2