Getting rid of wrinkles on aes cases.

Shogeki

n00b
Do any of you ever came up with a good technique to get rid of wrinkles on aes cases ?:scratch:
I tried to put a pieces of cardboard under the plastic, a piece of cloth over it and iron it at low settings.
But it actually sort of dried the wrinkles and made them narrower (and therefore more noticable).
I just got a couple of games for cheap that were stored in a humid place for a while, they are in good shape but the cases are super wavy.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Those cases are molded and are often wrinkled from the start. It's just how they're made, the clear plastic is stretched over the case and bonded on at the corners. Some times there's too much slack in them and when they are bonded the heat makes them wrinkle a bit.

Don't try to fix it... it's just how the cases are made.

I still can't believe EvilEvoIX destroyed 7 cases and 2 games. :oh_no:

If I destroyed even 1 case, I'd be devastated. Just leave them be.

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
you'd think it would have only taken 1.

R.I.P. Neo Geo games. You were too young.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Well Irons get hot, and you can melt right through to the boards and as you know once heat hits the board, well it's all over. It's an acquired technique but I iron my Neo Geo Games about once a month to keep them fresh. Just the right heat, touch, pressure, and presto, no wrinkles.

Please tell me this is a joke thread.

Koopa64

Sieger's Squire
I'm with OMF, I haven't even heard Genesis enthusists doing this sort of stuff, let alone Neo-Freaks who would kill anyone that damaged a home cart in any way. :oh_no:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I find tossing them in the dryer w/a Bounce sheet will remove the majority of the wrinkles. For the serious wrinkles, I take them to the local dry cleaner.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Just fucking play them. its not like many of the old style games are worth a lot anyway. seems you're getting into the lame collector mentality already. :(

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Well Irons get hot, and you can melt right through to the boards and as you know once heat hits the board, well it's all over. It's an acquired technique but I iron my Neo Geo Games about once a month to keep them fresh. Just the right heat, touch, pressure, and presto, no wrinkles.
lol, gotta give the Neo games a good ironing once a month. Reminds me of that old Nick at Nite commercial they only showed a few times in the early 90's... "Here at Nick at Nite we take good care of the shows. We clean the tapes regularly. With good old fashioned soap and water!" They had a bunch of VHS tapes thrown in a big soapy tub. A lot of people must have taken it seriously and ruined tapes so they had to pull the commercial.

Shogeki

n00b
Just fucking play them. its not like many of the old style games are worth a lot anyway. seems you're getting into the lame collector mentality already. :(

Btw, my problem was about new style cases, old style cases are of course usualy not worth the try (you can even buy brand new ones for 10 bucks a piece on ebay).

Last edited: