Ghostbusters re-release!

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
I just got back from seeing Ghostbusters in the theater. Man, for someone who was born in 1984, it was a real treat to see a movie in the theater that I grew up watching on VHS, DVD and BD. The presentation was great and the audio was top notch. You could really hear everything crystal clear, and it was very surprising to me that I heard little things that usually go unnoticed on the DVD/BD/VHS. Anyways, anyone else catch one of these screenings?

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
Yeah, I'll be going with my brother next Thursday. We've been looking forward to this our whole lives.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I remember seeing this for the first time with my cousins when I was 8 years old in 1984 in a now-defunct theatre in downtown Grand Rapids, MN. Good times! :)

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
I just got back from seeing Ghostbusters in the theater. Man, for someone who was born in 1984, it was a real treat to see a movie in the theater that I grew up watching on VHS, DVD and BD. The presentation was great and the audio was top notch. You could really hear everything crystal clear, and it was very surprising to me that I heard little things that usually go unnoticed on the DVD/BD/VHS. Anyways, anyone else catch one of these screenings?
Which theather in Charlotte has it?

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I usually sit one seat away cause I'm a tall glass of water and need to stretch my shit out

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I usually sit one seat away cause I'm a tall glass of water and need to stretch my shit out

bro I need both armrests, and if the date I'm with can't deal with it, then she can back it on out

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
gah! cant pre order tix by me! have to be there day of!

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The only showtime they have at my theater is 7PM. On a Thursday. :help:

Wish they had a showtime locator within 100 miles, grrrr...

BryLmoo

20 Year Member
Which theather in Charlotte has it?

I went to AMC Stonecrest on Rea Road. I was able to pre-purchase 3 tickets in advance of the show.
Talk about coincidence, Dan Akroyd was in Charlotte, NC today promoting his Crystal Head vodka. He was at a local ABC store from 1:00 to 3:30...got him to sign a bottle of his vodka and my ticket stub from last night's screening!

Seemed like a really nice guy.

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
If you find a theater they are only playing it Thursday nights in October. So much for going since I'm busy week nights. They couldn't have one Saturday show?

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
Can I go too?

Yep. Sam was saying he may have a date depending how this weekend goes with some girl he met on OKCupid. I'm really hoping that's not the case. I've had enough awkward time with him and his female companions. And while I'd like to think anyone is better than Kelcie, I'm not sure that the internet would supply such a person.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I work until 7:15, it better not start before that.

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
I totally forgot this was coming to theaters again, I hope I can catch it in DFW!!!

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
It's about time they released a director's cut version of Ghostbusters... I'd love to see the film recut to how it was originally scripted... oh well, one can dream. :(

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I went to see this and had a grand time. Really sucks there were only four people in the theater, including me. This is the one time I wanted to be in a packed theater. Blah.

Anyways, for as many times as I saw this as a kid, I never, ever once caught onto that Louis and Dana had sex. The most telling scene is before they go up the stairs, Louis is unzipped, or his shirt's unbuttoned, one of those, and they were both laying back.

Dana = Gatekeeper
Louis = Keymaster

Figure it out...

There's also that scene when Venkman's talking to Ray on the phone, and Dana's on the bed, breathing really hard. Venkman's tie is undone and his jacket's off. Venkman tells Ray he had some sort of relaxant, kinda like morphine I guess. Of course Ray always jokes and he doesn't really have a syringe with some drug in it (if he did, the entire scene would have an incredibly different meaning altogether, considering he went just for a date with Dana), so how else did Dana calm down? Possessed Dana was all about the sex, did Ray eventually succumb and give it to her? Is that why Dana seems so worn out and breathing so hard?

I'm not sure why I'm bothering to share this so late. Just popped in my head. Curious what you guys think, particularly about the Ray/Dana thing moreso than the Louis/Dana thing since that one's a no-brainer and was explicity implied.

PS ever since I was a kid, I always thought Zuul was lame. just a lady dressed in a sparkly costume and red contacts. at least watching it in a movie theater, I got to see a finer detail of the red contacts - its eyes seemed so real, so bloodshot. still a lame costume.

BryLmoo

20 Year Member
it really was epic to see it on the silver screen =) considering i was only 2 months old when it came out...lol

systmdfect

Baseball Star Hitter
I saw it last Monday. I wasn't born when it came out. It was great to see it in theatre.