Ghosts n Goblins prototype pcb. (yes that one).

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
It's kind of a mixed bag of feelings here, but after talking it over with a couple of the fellas I decided that i need to let this go. I have a bit of a financial situation that needs taking care of and this has literally sat on a shelf in the box it came in since i received it several years ago. I do have some other stuff from tony which will stay here. Selling this board was not a conclusion that I had come to lightly.

This is the Nightmare Tony Ghosts n Goblins prototype that he had worked on. From what he told me when I received it, this was an early english revision for this title. The massive epoxy was apparently to keep people from stealing the chips (lol) while it was in the proto stage. This romset has not been dumped yet- I had reached out to the mame team a couple of times, but nothing ever came of it.

I ended up with this when we were fundraising for tony's cancer treatments. I think it's only fitting that since thats how I came into it, i will take a portion of the proceeds and donate it to the American Cancer Society in his name (this was his preferred charity).

I know this isn't a normal item to put up here- Local pickup is encouraged, however shipping is available. If you want it shipped: I will double box it (including the romstar kitbox he shipped it to me in) and ship it fedex (or whatever service you prefer) with signature/ insurance/ etc... to ensure it gets where it needs to go. If you are within a few hundred miles me I could feasibly meet a buyer in the middle somewhere. I would really prefer to keep it in the states, but would ship it elsewhere for the right member. To my knowledge, this is the only one of these out there.

Pricing is difficult so I'll put it at what he was originally looking for- $5000 shipped (this will include that earlier mentioned donation).

n5A2Jf6.jpg

a2YvypX.jpg

I'll get some more and better pics up soon.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Thanks Chris for the post...

It's a tough decision to sell.. I know... but at least here it has the potential to go to a good home...

Good luck man...

xROTx

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Bummer that you have a situation driving the sale, but a classy listing that ultimately even gives back to a charity.

Good luck, and I hope the new owner enjoys the board.

Fox1

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
I let a few people know about the thread.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
Ahhh, I'd love to see some screen shots of it playing...

GLWS, thanks Tony

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Holy shit Chris... I hope you're OK and that this ends up in the right home.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I know a guy who dumped a Bubble Bobble that was covered in epoxy like this.

I've passed it along.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
For the record- I'm not dying. I am ok. Just got put into an unexpected financial bind.

Also- foxy is doing his part to get the mame folks aware.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Holy epoxy Batman! This is far out of my league, but good luck with the sale and I hope all is well.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I do hope this gets dumped, not only to preserve a prototype but just in case the roms ever go bad. It would be a shame to see it disappear.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
GLWTS, man. Sitting at the feet of an arcade legend, talking shop was like being fed mana from on high. RIP, Tony. You are gone but not forgotten.

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
This needs a dump prontorino make sure you let the seller know that if he can out of the goodness of his heart for preservation reasons make it a goal to do so!!!

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Damn I miss talking with Tony, this thread make me think of both him and Shawn.

Good luck with your sale man, hope the board stays in the neo family because it came from our fallen brother.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Damn I miss talking with Tony, this thread make me think of both him and Shawn.

Good luck with your sale man, hope the board stays in the neo family because it came from our fallen brother.

Thats why im only advertising it here. I want it to stay with the neo fam.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
Chris, this is good stuff bro and I like that your donating some of the Proceeds to The American Cancer Society. I'm not interested in the board but good luck with your sale and hope someone buys this.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
This is now officially dumped with the mame team as of today.

still looking for a buyer though.