Gigi Buffons Open Letter to Totti Celebrating his 20 years at Roma

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
no homo?

“Dear Francesco, you have made Italian football history. Twenty years in Serie A, what an achievement… I still have the image of your first goal in my mind, it was a Roma-Foggia tie.

“We’re friends, you know how much I care about you. We started together with the U15 side, we had some splendid years together in the national team and we continue to meet as opponents in Serie A.

“You often score against me (10 times to be precise, that’s how many goals you have netted) like a champion who has forgotten our friendship…

“Then, at the final whistle, there are smiles between us again, like when I saved a penalty that I feared you would chip – it saddened me that was you.

“We are from a fortunate generation. It’s true that every season after the age of 30 is worth seven, but you seem to go back in time instead of ageing.

“You’ve written the history of Italian football, with the present and the future – you are a player who can not be doubted.

“And, for me, you’ll always be an Azzurro. An embrace from your friend, Gigi.”

Last edited:

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
LEV%20YASHIN%20AWARD%20-%20GIANLUIGI%20BUFFON.jpg
01f723512bffon-2.jpg.jpg
gigi-buffon-bacio-gay.jpg
buffon030425.jpg

no not at all!

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Two of my favorite players. I hope Totti accepts the invitation to rejoin the National side. His play this season has been on another level, and he's 36 now.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
This play this season has been on another level, and he's 36 now.
Give him two or three seasons and he'll be the all-time top goalscorer in the league. Fantastic achievement.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
Give him two or three seasons and he'll be the all-time top goalscorer in the league. Fantastic achievement.

Francesco Totti has been a loyal servant at Roma and I am sure he supported them as a child? Now that's what I call loyalty which is hard to find nowadays in football.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Indeed Francesco Totti, who's from Rome (the city) in the first place, has been a die-hard A.C. Roma (the football team) fan since his childhood. He was in Roma's 'Primavera' (juvenile team) before he debuted in Serie A, again with Roma. And always stayed with that very same shirt. He's a champion in both football and loyalty fields. I don't care football, I don't care Roma, but I think Totti is pretty much a nice sport persona particularly for youngsters who look at him as a role model. :-)

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
necro bumping this thread

great article about Totti on his 37 birthday and a possible recall to the international team

Earlier this month, days after Totti's 37th birthday, Italy's manager, Cesare Prandelli, reignited a smouldering debate on whether, seven years after he retired from international football, Roma's Caesar might return to the national team.

"Totti is in fantastic form," said Prandelli. "If the World Cup was around the corner, I would absolutely call him up. But we will evaluate his condition one month prior to the tournament." Prandelli's praise is just. This season Totti has three goals and six assists from eight Serie A matches, all of which Roma have won. And while he hobbled off during Friday's 2-0 victory over Napoli, he remains a lodestar.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/oct/20/francesco-totti-roma-italy

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
Wow that many years at Roma ,
looks like its might be a special season the way Roma are playing at the moment.