Go see Hot Fuzz!!!!

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
Seriously, this movie was amazing. I was laughing constantly. I'd even mark it higher than Shaun of the Dead. It was just done so well. Definately can't recomend it enough.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
It's been getting some good buzz. Can't wait to see it tomorrow with my buds. I loved Shaun of the Dead and this looks awesome as well.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
Hott fuzz is great it's done by the same guy's that did Shaun of the dead and if you like hot fuzz and Shaun of the dead i really recommend you get the series they did called spaced.

but on with the movie its actually alot like resident evil 4 in someways inspired perhaps with the main guy simon pegg actually being a huge zombie/resident evil fan himself.

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
This movie was drop dead hilarious.

You are an idiot if you don't go see this in the theaters.

I was amazed on how funny this movie was.

CrackerMessiah

Fu'un-Ken Master
My suspicion was that all the funny gags were in the trailers and commercials on TV.

I'm happy to say my suspicions were wrong. This movie was high-larious. I'm at the point where I want to drop a joke here for the sole purpose of making this post longer, but that would only taint the experience. Damn funny movie all all around.

Rade K

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This movie really surprised me. I was more than satisfied after I left the theatre last night.

Definitely a perfect way to start the summer movie season.

I just wonder if the film relationship between Peg and Frost is strictly dom/sub.

Anyways -perfect comedic homage to all those awesome buddy cop movies.

Go see it.

Last edited:

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
It was good, but IMO Shaun of the Dead set the standard too high, since this seemed to be almost as good, but not quite. Not to say it's bad at all, still a pretty awesome movie, but if Shaun kicked 10/10ths of an ass, Fuzz only kicked 8.5/10ths.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
Amazing. This is easily the best movie I've seen this year. I didn't expect that going in. Just that it'd be funny in some parts. I found my self laughing throughout the entire film. They had clearly done their homework, and it made the move much better.

Damn saying anything more would go into the plot, but the movie was great. I didn't think I would like it more than Shaun of the Dead, but somehow I do.

It'll be interesting to see how much it grosses. It's only opening in 825 theatres, but it should probably be more.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
did anyone else get the trailer for "run, fatboy run" in their showing? Seems they're already planning their 3rd film.

SWAN!

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I loved Shaun of the Dead and really want to see Hot Fuzz. Hopefully it will do welll enough at the box office that they keep making movies.

Darren870

The previews didn't spoil this movie one bit. There were things 10 times funnier then the previews showed.

I personally enjoyed this more then shaun of the dead.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Yes, thoroughly impressed, expectations exceeded.

The theater was totally full and in a perpetual uproar, good good times.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Sweet jesus, it must be good, usually whorish, plank humoured yankees hate our humour!

"Everyone round here and their mum's is packin'."
'Like who?'
"Farmers."
'Who else?'
"Farmer's mums!"

haha, the film is fantastic indeed.

PS: Is it true Pegg is doing a film with the jew from friends? :spock:

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
you mean Ross, david schimmwer, yeah its americanised though. cant remember what the film is called, i believe it is out in the states.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
The last half of the movie when he really started freaking out was great. Thats when things finally got rolling for me. The first half really had trouble setting the pace based on my preceived notion on how I thought the movie was going to be.

I never thought for a an instant that the movie was going to have old women blazing rifles like a crazed wild wild west flick.

Good movie overall. Damn british women are cheeky. lol

Mawdsley

Belnar Institute Student
Anyone else think that when pegg was tooled up leaving the police station near the end, he looked alot like the cover of metal slug 1?

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I have to add that the soundtrack is also equally amazing.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Saw this with a buddy today, and hot damn it was a good time.
Anyone that can create something so visually stylish and retain a great story that manages to be so much fun is really a gifted filmmaker.

This is an immediate DVD purchase for me.

The only downside is that I really doubt any of the shitload of sequels coming or the god-awful Transformers movie are gonna touch this in terms of being an awesome time. This was the best flick of the summer already I imagine, although I would love to be proven wrong.

Darren870

I really think i need to see this move again, it was just too fucking funny.

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
saw it today, absolutley hilarious and definetly a mark higher than Shaun of the Dead (not knocking SotD tho).

OT: "Balls of Fury" FTW. god bless Christopher Walken :buttrock:

Baseley09

Hair Group,
I thought it was just about ok, some good bits particularly the death scenes but most of the jokes were someone saying "cunt" or "twat".

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
wizkid007 said:
The last half of the movie when he really started freaking out was great. Thats when things finally got rolling for me. The first half really had trouble setting the pace based on my preceived notion on how I thought the movie was going to be.

I never thought for a an instant that the movie was going to have old women blazing rifles like a crazed wild wild west flick.

Good movie overall. Damn british women are cheeky. lol

\\o

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
kernow said:

I thought it was going to be a straight commedy. Then the damn thing exploded. I was like wtf, but thought it was good regardless.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
wizkid007 said:
I thought it was going to be a straight commedy. Then the damn thing exploded. I was like wtf, but thought it was good regardless.
that whole last action sequence was comedy to me. I was laughing at it the entire time. The priest saying "jesus christ", the bear trap, and the return of the swan. It was all just too good.