Godzilla movies

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
Big kaiju fan since waaaay back. There's just something so damned cool about the little models and rubber suits... the ultimate way to play w/ toys. :D Besides collecting the movies, does anyone here collect the toys and games? I'm sucker for godzilla toys and have amassed a good sized collection. My pride and joy is a roughly 2 foot tall Tokyo Marui (Biollante version) godzilla w/ 6 independent channel remote control. There's just something fun about making the bad boy walk, sway his tail and roar while knocking down empty shoe boxes. :loco:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Space Godzilla is the best movie if you like your SFX extra cheesy, like being able to see the wires lifting flying Space Godzilla perfectly at all times (keep in mind it was made in the '90s!). It's also the best if you like Godzilla Junior portrayed as an inexplicably anime-style super-cutesy character, totally mismatching every other appearence in the series, not to mention every other monster in this movie.

Otherwise, Space Godzilla is one of the worst movies (imo). Mogera is kind of funny, though. Anyhow, since it's part of the 2-pack, you might as well watch it.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Um, Tak or Bobak or Wasarbi wanna delete this guy?

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
At least he bumped a quality thread I guess.

I have Mothra vs Godzilla on DVD that I got eons ago, and a modern one on VCD that I still haven't watched.

I should really flesh out the Godzilla section of my library. :scratch

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
I have all of them ripped for the Hi-Vision HD broadcasts in Japan.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
For some reason or other, I never heard about Gamera The Brave (2006) until last week.

Netflixed it and really enjoyed it. I give it 3.5 stars out of 5. I really liked Zedus. The fight scenes were impressive, especially the long shots. Are they planning to make any other Gamera movies?

And any latest news on the future of Godzilla? They still doing that Godzilla IMAX 3D (vs. Hedorah??) movie?

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
You need to see the semi-recently released Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidora: Giant Monsters All Out Attack. Fucking best Godzilla movie, hands down. The scene with the wrestling match like commentary is hilarious to say the least.

I would LOVE to be able to buy this but at ~$850-$950, I'm afraid even I'm not that hard core. Check out the packaging on it. ;)

That set is insane, but I would sooooo buy it if I had grand to burn.

Wow, necro bump.

I ended up getting all the millenium series movies. I think my favorite one of the bunch was the Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla and Tokyo S.O.S

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
I'm so glad this topic was bumped. I love Godzillla!!
I've pretty much seen them all. IMO, these are the must watch Godzilla movies:

1) Gojira (original japanese version of Godzilla)
2) Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack
3) Godzilla vs Destroyah
4) Godzilla vs Biollante
5) Godzilla vs MechaGodzillla (90s one)

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I love Godzilla movies... I love giant monster stuff in general... I love Showa Godzilla... Heisei Godzilla... Millennium Godzilla... but Godzilla vs. Destroyah has to be one of the most tedious movies I've ever seen. Maybe it's just me, but I can't stand that one.

I mean, it has good parts, but then in the middle it goes off on a long and pointless tangent with that whole rip-off of 'Aliens.' I enjoy serious Godzilla and I enjoy slapstick Godzilla, but for some reason I have to fight to stay awake through Godzilla vs. Destroyah. I think if I was ever going to watch it again, I'd keep my finger near the fast forward on the remote and just skip ahead to the giant monster fights.

Ancient Flounder

"Just walk away. Give me the pump...the oil...the
15 Year Member
http://cinemageddon.org/details.php?id=31573

Gotta get an account at the site and keep a decent ratio, but theyre on there.

Also on Usenet if you have that.

You the man, Nes.
icon14.gif

Castor Troy

I love Godzilla movies... I love giant monster stuff in general... I love Showa Godzilla... Heisei Godzilla... Millennium Godzilla... but Godzilla vs. Destroyah has to be one of the most tedious movies I've ever seen. Maybe it's just me, but I can't stand that one.

I mean, it has good parts, but then in the middle it goes off on a long and pointless tangent with that whole rip-off of 'Aliens.' I enjoy serious Godzilla and I enjoy slapstick Godzilla, but for some reason I have to fight to stay awake through Godzilla vs. Destroyah. I think if I was ever going to watch it again, I'd keep my finger near the fast forward on the remote and just skip ahead to the giant monster fights.

I thought the movie was a great way to end the series. I do agree the whole Aliens-ripoff part. But you had to like the connection to the original Gojira movie.
The ending was one of the best Godzilla moments ever.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Angry Video Game Nerd just put a Godzilla game series skit.

No I'm not linking because I'm too lazy.

Castor Troy

Why? WHY?!! Why didn't any of you guys let me know that Godzilla vs Biollante (Blu-Ray) was available for purchase in the US for under $10?!
I happened to be browsing lolBest Buy's BR section and saw that the movie was selling for $8.
I picked it up, but I haven't watched it yet (might need a few days to do that). Hoping the movie transfer is great and include japanese and english language.

aria

Former Moderator
And here I thought the bump was for Pacific Rim: aka Robot Jox vs. Godzilla

Castor Troy

Rise from your grave!
*necro-bump*
Why? WHY?!! Why didn't any of you guys let me know that Godzilla 1984 was available on Blu-Ray?
This is the Japanese version (non Raymond Burr version). It comes with both English and Japanese audio.
Just got my copy and about to watch it right now.
tumblr_inline_odcmumLIsF1qa1eat_540.jpg

Last edited:

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Freaking love godzilla! The old man and I use to sit around and watch these all the time!

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Wow missed this thread but it's old.

I knew about Godzilla 1984, it's on a short list of mine. Over the last year I've been attempting to scoop up anything Godzilla that came over to blu ray. I've got most of those Toho collection 1 and 2 packs, but I'm missing the Space Godzilla/MG2 double pack still.

Currently I have the original Criterion Collection release. Destroy All Monsters, King Kong vs Godzilla, Godzilla vs Ebirah, Godzilla vs Gigan, Godzilla vs Hedorah, Godzilla vs Biolante all from various studios. And then those Toho single/double packs Godzilla vs Ghidorah/Godzilla vs Mothra, Godzilla vs Destroyah/Godzilla vs Megaguirus, Godzilla 2000, Godzilla Mothra and King Ghidorah Giant Monsters Attack/Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla, and Godzilla Tokyo SOS/Godzilla Final Wars. -- And then that good US made release from a couple years ago. I'LL NEVER own that shit one the US did with the retarded t-rex like 15 years ago -- AWFUL.

As far as I'm aware what's still out there I don't have: Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla/Godzilla vs Space Godzilla, Godzilla 1984, and Godzilla vs Megalon.

Am I missing anything else on US blu ray?