Gonna attempt slowing down soda consumption

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Tea it is. I've always loved tea, but its been something i've neglected my entire life.

Good for you, man. If I may recommend, if you want a brand to try, I prefer Twinings tea a lot. They tend not to be overly bitter or too strong in any bad way. There's always a bit of personal preference for all this stuff though. There's some good loose leaf tea places around where you can make your own blends of tea with orange, mint, a whole host of flavors, all natural.

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
I'm into weightlifting and such for more than 10 years now and I always drank lots of diet coke during diets where I wanted to get as riped as possible (always natural!)

The last 2 years I have tried to cut down an all the carbonated stuff and it really pays off (in terms of body composition) The carbon dioxide found in almost all canned stuff doesnt help with the absorption of foods and also causes cavities to your teeth

Try replacing by either tea (best) or coffee

Good luck dude

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
How much caffiene is in tea in comparison? I heard it was higher than coffee.

Scuz39

User title.,
Quit cold turkey. You'll have a caffeine headache for a couple days that'll seem almost unbearable, but once it's gone, it's gone. Drink water like it's going out of style, too. I've never been a fan of tea, so it was easy to switch to 100% water.

This. The week of headaches isn't fun but you will feel better once you cut it out.

THE FN SHOW

Armored Scrum Object
when i quit,which i need to do again,i went crystal light...wal mart has flavors that the standard crystal light doesn't have and it's cheaper...i found i drink pop because of taste...so i substitute the crystal light and problem solved...it's water with flavor and no sugar or caffine

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
when i quit,which i need to do again,i went crystal light...wal mart has flavors that the standard crystal light doesn't have and it's cheaper...i found i drink pop because of taste...so i substitute the crystal light and problem solved...it's water with flavor and no sugar or caffine

Yeah but that's full of all the artificial sweetener stuff which is debatable as to how good that is for you.

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I don't mean this to be insulting, but this sounds sort of pathetic... just quit. I did in high school and now I maybe have the equivalent of 12-24 sodas a year --almost always in conjunction with certain restaurants (like Tommy's in LA) or mixed with rum or tequila. It didn't cause any withdrawals or anything. I had a similar experience when I quit coffee cold turkey a few years ago. Sure there were days where I'd feel more tired than usual --then you quickly realize it means you're not sleeping enough. Tea is where I go when I need caffeine now.

Its harder than you think. Obviously its easy to say "just stop" but caffeine does have addictive qualities and since soda doesn't seem to have immediate negative effects it makes it harder to be motivated to stop.

I sympathize with LWK. I quit during my senior year of college and after 21 years of soda it was hard just in habit to stop drinking it. I would get weird cravings for a pepsi or a coke that I never imagined I could, it was fucking bizarre for me.

I felt a lot of positive effects. My sleep schedule seemed more sound, and my throat felt less flemmy.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
this neo forum
so many quitting soda
what the fuck people

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
You can quit soda
But you can't escape the love
and embrace of man

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Around November I decided I didn't like what soda cost, and switched to black tea after feeling caffeine headaches come back.
The biggest thing that bothers me about sodas now is the carbonated water.

I've been through a whole slew of brands of tea: Twinnings, Giant, Great Value, Lipton, Red Diamond, Tetley, and Luzianne.

I finally settled on Luzianne. I also stuck to my artificial sweetener of choice.

For a six cup kettle at boil, you can cut flames/heat and add a gallon bag, two family sized bags, or eight regular bags to yield a gallon of tea at a time for refrigeration after adding the remainder of water.

Family sized tea bags can range from a dollar forty to two dollars seventy depending on the brand and market.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
There are a million kinds of fruit juice out there. They got vitamins and all kinds of shit. Try em.

Dio Brando

Mickey's Coach
Tea it is. I've always loved tea, but its been something i've neglected my entire life.

Great, man! Tea soothes the mind and soul, and the health benefits are astronomical, especially with green.

Stash and Twinings bag teas are great, though I highly recommend the Kirkland/ITO EN 100-bag green tea boxes from Costco. The box is only about eleven dollars, and it is absolutely delicious.

As for limiting caffeine intake, you can also steep the tea for about 10-20 secs, toss the water, and steep again, since a good portion of the caffeine dissolves early in the steeping.

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
You can do it! I've been off sodas for 3 weeks cold turkey. Water and grape juice only for now....tea is a good idea too.

For most people I think it's important not to completely go without...it makes it too easy to eventually binge and that's a no no. Take it slow.

Most importantly, YOU GOTTA BELIEVE

Heath

, cheyne stoking
This thread is so funny, i thought it was a joke at first untill i read it all. I thought i had problems:loco:

Force

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
20 Year Member
I quit drinking pop about 2 months ago. I lost 5 lbs in one week and my energy level went way up in about 2 weeks. I still drink redline, but thats sugar free. Sugary drinks, even fruit juice, makes me crash now. Like a sugar crash or something.

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
I used to drink a lot of soda to get me through the day, and when I went out to eat. I started to notice that I was putting on weight and that every restaurant I ate at was charging $2.50 for a soda, so I decided to give it up significantly. I've been doing it for a few months now and have already started to lose a little bit of weight and I feel better as whole as well. I still have a soda every once in a while, or when water or tea is unavailable. I suggest you slowly ween yourself off of it and find a substitute like green tea or juice (just make sure it's not loaded with sugar, as others have said). And like others have said, you'll have on and off headaches for a couple of days due to caffeine withdraw, but once they're over, you'll start to feel a lot better and healthier. I know I don't feel as lazy and lethargic since I've cut out soda.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Six syllables, friend
Then you seem to have used eight
The last line is fine

I guess I tend to
mispronounce words all the time
Say 'poems' with one

Doesn't 'business'
have a mere 2 syllables?
how embarrassing

at least I was right