Good God...this weather is really taking its toll on everyone...

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member

That's about 8' of snow. the unshoveled area had an inch, and that was damn near everywhere. CT lifted its road bans, but many cities still have theirs.

Oh, and a happy-as-can-be-bulldog.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
The storm wasn't too bad at my house. The snow is so light and I'm near the top of a hill, so the wind blew the bulk of the snow away. Hearing the cape is getting slammed tho, so sounds like we just got lucky that the storm went east as much as it did.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Depending on the drift, we got around 12 in. +.

This is me walking back to our yard.
IMG_184010649348033.jpeg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Every News Channel yesterday was predicting record breaking numbers (up to 3ft). They were scaring the shit out of everyone. We got about 6-8 inches today, total let down.

Last edited:

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Went out to stock up earlier. The driving ban starts at 9 pm today.

driving bans? is that something thats normal? never heard of it before.
how can you give someone a 300$ ticket for just being outside? sure its dangerous but maybe you didn't hear the ban and had something important to do and good tires etc?

feet ' + inches ''

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
driving bans? is that something thats normal? never heard of it before.
how can you give someone a 300$ ticket for just being outside? sure its dangerous but maybe you didn't hear the ban and had something important to do and good tires etc?

feet ' + inches ''

Driving bans are so that, in case there's pretty bad weather, only emergency personnel and snow clearing vehicles are on the roads to maximize their effectiveness and keep people from driving and inevitably wrecking their vehicles, making cleanup more difficult.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
yea the storms over, I got about a foot maybe 13 inches, its mildly windy but the sun is shining

once the roads are clear its back to business as usual

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Every News Channel yesterday was predicting record breaking numbers (up to 3ft). They were scaring the shit out of everyone. We got about 6-8 inches today, total let down.

It is still snowing here and will continue til about 6am tomorrow. The predictions were for New England, not NJ. As you said predictions, since when are weather ppl accurate?

LUNENBURG, MA 30.0" 1:07 PM EST 1/27

Southeastern Mass so far:

PEMBROKE, MA 20.0" 12:22 PM EST 1/27
LOGAN AIRPORT, BOSTON, MA 21.5" 11:00 AM EST 1/27
PLYMOUTH, MA 23.8" 1:10 PM EST 1/27

An Example of CT:
MIDDLETOWN, CT 16.0" 10:17 AM EST 1/27

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Just wanted to check in so that people didn't worry about me. Today is going to be the coldest day of this week. Overcast and 62. It will be sunny & clear and back up closer to 70 tomorrow, thank god. Not seeing the sun for a day really fucks with my mind.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Just wanted to check in so that people didn't worry about me. Today is going to be the coldest day of this week. Overcast and 62. It will be sunny & clear and back up closer to 70 tomorrow, thank god. Not seeing the sun for a day really fucks with my mind.

b0wlHQp.gif

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member

It's been 70 degrees here in CO. Apparently it's supposed to get cold, but today and yesterday looked like late May.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's

Thank gawd you're ok. The weather here wasn't too bad either. I actually busted out my shorts today. There was a slight chill breeze at one point that made me question my decision, but it soon went away.

FCAn6xm.png

Thanks dogeweather.

Last edited:

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
Just south of Boston, my Jetta.
8458335055_930c510ac7_c.jpg

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
Flying back to Boston tomorrow, wonder how that's going to go...

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member

I really like hearing how nice it is in California in threads like these. Especially since I hear about droughts, crying that there isn't any rain...and, when there is, you complain about the mudslides they cause. Not to mention the wildfires.

Tell us about that...we'd be much more interested.

Jon

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's not so bad by the beach. Nowhere near that 36 incher we had a few years ago.
DSC00392.JPG

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
It's not so bad by the beach. Nowhere near that 36 incher we had a few years ago.
View attachment 22373

uhhmm... OMG UFO! OMG!
or is it one of those reaver things from gearsofwar?
Gears-of-War-2-small-0156.jpg

see how they put the watermark so it covers the headon features, looks like a coverup.

seriously, what are those lights in the upper right? unless you were doing prolonged exposure they don't seem normal.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
uhhmm... OMG UFO! OMG!
or is it one of those reaver things from gearsofwar?
Gears-of-War-2-small-0156.jpg

see how they put the watermark so it covers the headon features, looks like a coverup.

seriously, what are those lights in the upper right? unless you were doing prolonged exposure they don't seem normal.

Looks like a light fixture coming from inside the house. Reflecting off the glass as he shot a pic out the window.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
well thats nofun then, oh well.
never been to his house so I didn't know thats an inside view.
sort of makes sense though as he'd have to be super tall or on the deck I had guessed he was to get the angle.

edit:@ Russia below... now thats a driving ban!

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
I really like hearing how nice it is in California in threads like these. Especially since I hear about droughts, crying that there isn't any rain...and, when there is, you complain about the mudslides they cause. Not to mention the wildfires.

Tell us about that...we'd be much more interested.

Jon

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I live in the valley of northern California. No mudslides and no wildfires. My grass is green and water comes out when I turn the tap on. Please tell me more about how bad it sucks where I live. Must be why real estate is so cheap here. :thevt:

People who build houses on the sides of mountains in higher rain areas (assholes in LA) or in the forest (assholes in the mountains) know the risks they are running regarding mudslides and wildfires. Kind of like how people who live in the northeast know that it gets cold and snows. OMG U GAIS MY CAR IS BURIED IN SNOE! I NEVAR SAW THAT COMING!

Jibbajaba

10 Year Member
I'm not a mechanic, but that can't be good for the car...

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Kind of like how people who live in the northeast know that it gets cold and snows. OMG U GAIS MY CAR IS BURIED IN SNOE! I NEVAR SAW THAT COMING!

Yet here we are not complaining and passing on info for others that have family here :p