Good God...this weather is really taking its toll on everyone...

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
uhhmm... OMG UFO! OMG!
or is it one of those reaver things from gearsofwar?
Gears-of-War-2-small-0156.jpg

see how they put the watermark so it covers the headon features, looks like a coverup.

seriously, what are those lights in the upper right? unless you were doing prolonged exposure they don't seem normal.

Must be a military drone or something. XD

Nah it's just reflection of lights in the house, like smokehouse said.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
woke up this morning to about 5 inches of snow (but still coming down). It's still coming down and there is nothing worse than having to clean up your driveway more than once in a day.

not freezing out. easy to remove... i guess that is just the foreplay before the blizzard warning kicks into effect this evening.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
woke up this morning to about 5 inches of snow (but still coming down). It's still coming down and there is nothing worse than having to clean up your driveway more than once in a day.

not freezing out. easy to remove... i guess that is just the foreplay before the blizzard warning kicks into effect this evening.

We're getting like an inch per hour right now. Good times.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I was out shoveling earlier...man, that crap is heavy packed. The plow left some large 2-3' boulders at the end of my driveway and they easily weighed 25-50lbs. A few were easily as heavy as a bag of water softener salt.

It's supposed to get silly cold tonight with a high of 13 tomorrow...when that wet snow freezes hard, it's going to be mean.

I put the truck in 4WD and went out to test out the new tires...they did well. I was tearing around in 5-6" of snow and some drifts easily 1-1.5' high...it was fun.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Sunny and bright today in metro Phoenix but that sure hasn't been the case during the weekend:

Friday- Rain. None really heavy but constant.
Saturday- A little rain but cooler and a bit windy. A cold night
Sunday- Morning fog. Visibility down to 100 feet. Looked pretty cool driving through it via the light rail.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Pittsburgh has been the king of overpromise, under-deliver.

Second time they've called for 6+" within 1 day of the supposed storm and the second time we've ended up with 1-2".

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
We've gotten about 8" so far with 10 to 14 expected.

I kept up on it until the Super Bowl:D

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
So far, it's about 1/5 of what the weather report predicted.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
We are right on the button snow wise...

The problem isn't always the snow, it's the aftermath. We get 4-6" of super wet, very heavy snow. The temp starts dropping, the wind picks up to 25-35mph and hits well below 10F. So...the wet snow freezes rock solid and the drifting starts.

I got up this morning to shovel again and the shit was like concrete.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
nbce1y.jpg

Fallen snow with snow banks. Garages for scale.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Another 15" here, expected 18" total this storm.

mr.2jz

n00b
Up here in Canadia we got our fair share too..

December and January are always quiet....but damn does Feb hit back pretty good.

Had to help my friend dig out today.

MjsPKIV.jpg"

Hopefully whoever had to drive today stayed safe, or didn't have to at all.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I hope members in New England are doing ok. With this storm, the total snowfall in a 2 week period breaks 58" in my area and its still coming down.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
I'm dusting off the shovels and brewing a pot of coffee for round 4 right now.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I hope members in New England are doing ok. With this storm, the total snowfall in a 2 week period breaks 58" in my area and its still coming down.

It's pretty brutal...I was talking with my sister about it yesterday...

I actually felt bad, it was in the mid/high 40's here all weekend.

We're beginning our typical Feb "I don't know what the fuck I want to do" phase where the weather will start bouncing all over the place before settling down. We're supposed to bounce between highs in the 30's/40's and lows down to 0. It will snow 6" on us on a Tue, then hit 46 and thaw the very next day...this months can be crazy.

Dead summer, dad winter around here is normally very stable with temps not swinging much. Early winter, spring is crazy...

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member

Its brutal. Thankfully I have a snow blower, but my driveway is pretty long and my garage is on the side...so even with the blower it takes me about 3 hours to clear the driveway. Plus, my company is expecting employees to work today from home...my boss has already sent like 10 emails/requests already. So I guess I'll head out at 5 and get started then. So sick of this snow.

P.S. The MBTA commuter (especially the Providence line) has been a nightmare going into the city lately. Anyone else ride this train?

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
All the goddamn time. The T is a fucking joke, even in quiet weather.

Luckily I'm in RI until tomorrow... They're not seeing as much snow as MA is getting.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
P.S. The MBTA commuter (especially the Providence line) has been a nightmare going into the city lately. Anyone else ride this train?

I didn't hear the Greenbush/Scituate Commuter line's whistle til about 11AM this morning. MBTA is a mess today and all Trolleys are suppose to be replaced via bus.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
They are talking a potential 2ft+ storm for next Sunday too...my back can't take much more of this.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
They are talking a potential 2ft+ storm for next Sunday too...my back can't take much more of this.

I hope we get another 5 ft... What the fuck does it matter at this point? I feel like I live in a snow fort!

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member

I has beer and power, I am ready for anything.

on the reals, this snow is irritating the hell out of me. I need to do a ton of paperwork at work and the office keeps getting closed.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
Pretty much buried at my condo complex now. We're going to have to get heavy equipment in this week likely to take away the piles, cuz we're completely out of space to put this stuff.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
FYI

Saturday Afternoon into Sunday Evening Blizzard Watch...

Massachusetts East Coast & Cape / Islands: 10-18"
Wind Gusts: East Coast; Upto 55MPH Cape & Islands 50+ MPH

Extreme cold temperatures and wind chills are expected from Thursday evening (2/12) through Monday (2/16)

MassDEP Emergency Snow Disposal in Open Waterways.
- Emergency disposal to ensure Public Safety, communities recommended to follow MassDEP's Emergency Disposal Guidance and use best judgement.

State of Emergency still in effect for Recovery Operations since the previous storm to maintain deployed assets, no travel bans:
- Mass Air National Guard Teams.
- Out of State Equipment and Operators from NY, NJ, and Commercial sector.

2 Businesses in my town are have been shutdown due to signs of structural distress. One Residential home with a roof collapse.

Then there is shit like this:
EP-150219077.jpg
EP-150219077.jpg

Idea of my area currently:
AR-150219077.jpg

Last edited: