Good music to listen to while working ? Videogame OST or otherwise

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
I have been working from home for a little while now and need lots of good background music to drown out noise from the kids doing online school and other things. I normally listen to a playlist with Diablo 2 & 3 music, and just started checkout out the Dark Souls 3 soundtrack. What are some other soundtracks along these lines?

Last edited:

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Any album by Tycho. Boards of Canada can be good too.

Video game wise... Daggerfall OST is pretty badass

At least to me.

Last edited:

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I always went back to Final Fantasy Tactics and some random FF and Donkey Kong Country music

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
i initially hated it, but I recently came around to "Zelda and Chill"
I still prefer originals. I listen to a lot of old OST's from adventure games.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Grandia,OST sure some music tracks sound out of place but all around a solid soundtrack.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Any sort of lofi chill is usually going on in the background of my job.

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
So far I have been listening to Tycho today and it has been pretty cool. I am working through the remaining suggestions still of which I appreciate. I just get tired of listening to my 18 year old yelling at the TV out of frustration when doing raids in Destiny 2. The music is helping. The other thing I do sometimes is load up an arcade core on MiSTer and let it run in attract mode for some arcade style background noise. Right now I am have an updated CPS1.5 core running the CPS Changer version of Street Fighter Zero with Qsound hacked in.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Oblivion/Skyrim OST. Pretty much anything Coil released in the 90s. Especially if working at night.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
The soundtracks for Age of Empires, AOE2, AOE3, Age of Mythology and all their expansions are all great. My best recommendation there is AOE1 and Rise of Rome, really fantastic music for doing work.

If you like FM music, check out the Etrian Odyssey games, they all sound amazing and are perfect for menial tasks.

If you like late 90s / early 2000s techno style music, the old Need for Speed games and TimeSplitters 1 and 2 have some excellent tracks.

For something Nintendo and very relaxing, the soundtracks for Pikmin 1 and 2 are really good.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
51zq0H1Z0dL.jpg

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I don't like listening to music, or my co-workers rambling, while I'm trying to work on something, especially charting resident participation in activities or writing individual resident therapy reports, because distractions lead to mistakes.

My boss plays the local pop radio station all day at the thrift store, so, I don't have a choice there, and one of my co-workers also likes to sing along, but, at least she's got a good singing voice.

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
I dont really have time to rock out to music at work, so I try to put stuff on to put me at ease, stuff like smooth jazz, easy listening, or soft rock. Now when I'm making repairs to my car, I'll listen to anything from Guns N Rose's, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Metallica or Van Halen.

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
Oh and when it comes to videogame soundtracks, one of my personal favorites is Castlevania: Rondo Of Blood for the PC Engine CD system. What a gorgeous score!

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
When I used to work in a mixed-sheltered workshop, we had this "participant" whose task was to pull staples out of chair backs so they could be upholstered.

We called him Rockin' Roger. He'd sit there all day pulling staples and bobbing his head to the classic rock station.

Whenever I need a pick-me-up, I picture Rockin' Roger bobbing his head with his harelip-Falsetto voice singing "My Sharonna".

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
My pump up music is Bach’s fugue in G minor. Also Orchestral Suite 2.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The Witcher 3 OST (main game and all DLC)

Game of Thrones OST (Season 8 has a very strong OST in particular)

Conan the Barbarian (Basil Pouledouris)

Crusader Kings 3 OST

Kingdome Come: Deliverance OST

Final Fantast VII Remake OST

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow OST