Good single player PC rpg?

pyrokilla

Vice's grappling partner...naked,
Any suggestions guys? I need something new to play....

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
morrowind + expansion.

gothic 1, 2 and expansion (expansion only released in germany I believe).

FALLOUT 1, 2 (best turn based rpg of all time)

I think thats all you need to now. If you consider stuff like Diablo single player then check out Guild Wars. Its beautiful and its being updated/patched CONSTANTLY. Not like WOW and its 1 patch every 2 months BS. I wish blizzard got raped anally by something.

pyrokilla

Vice's grappling partner...naked,
FeelGood said:
morrowind + expansion.

gothic 1, 2 and expansion (expansion only released in germany I believe).

FALLOUT 1, 2 (best turn based rpg of all time)

I think thats all you need to now. If you consider stuff like Diablo single player then check out Guild Wars. Its beautiful and its being updated/patched CONSTANTLY. Not like WOW and its 1 patch every 2 months BS. I wish blizzard got raped anally by something.

Yeah I got Guild wars on release day and have loved it ever since.

I really want to play Vampire the masqurade but my discs wont install :(

I'll check out gothic tho, never heard of it.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Neverwinter nights is cool but heavy D&D style imo.

Shame Kotor and Kotor 2 are so fucking bugged on the PC....

Rassilon

Angel's Love Slave
Fallout 1 & 2
Planescape: Torment
Neverwinter Nights is cool, as there are TONS of fan made modules.
If it fits your definition of RPG: Star Control II is a free download at sc2.sourceforge.net

Turrican_Man

Geese's Thug
Feelgood, great list! Those are all my top picks. I think we have similar sensibilities about this.

My list would be, in order:

Morrowind + expansions
Fallout 2
Gothic 2 (you can also get the german expansion "Night of the Raven" with a fanmade english subtitle patch and it's great, but I only recommend it to hardcore gamers because it makes the game waaaay more difficult)
Fallout 1
Gothic 1
Wizardry 8

Wizardry 8 is good, but only if you're pretty hardcore. The rest of the games listed though are all fantastic for any gamer with an advanced capacity to appreciate excellent games (which can require more patience, admiration of game world lore and interactivity, and versatile character building, etc over flashy graphics and instant gratification [Fable treads this line, and is good, but falls short of being great like the games in my list]).

Feelgood, do you know of any other similar games of the caliber of those I listed? I played Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines and thought it was kind of mediocre. If you know of any other great games similar to these, I'd love to know about them.

Last edited: