Goodbye and Godspeed (NES/SNES creator dead)

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
The NES is great engineering all around, proven by how longlasting it was and what games it allowed, despite the custom video hardware having some quirks and bugs.

Never knew who was the chief designer until now, rip.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Kind of messed up most people probably didn’t know this until he died.

His name should have been as recognizable as Miyamoto.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Both the NES and SNES almost feel inevitable now, but both designs were very unique and interesting. By no means did they have to turn out the way they did. The way the 6502 on the NES was teamed up with very capable sound and PPU hardware for the time was actually a perfect choice. The NES still has a very distinct feel to its sound and graphics. The SNES with its custom sound chip and PPU, with its 8 different graphic modes. (While the Genesis Mega Drive opted for a more standard 68K for the CPU). They're all very unique choices that made these consoles distinct and memorable. I really respect the engineering choices that were made back then.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
RIP,Masayuki Uemura i have many fond memories of the nes the console after all did resurrect the console market for the u.s after the crash of 83.

Neo_Mike_81

King's Dry Cleaner
Not a Nintendo person, but I did grow up with the SNES and somewhat NES. So R.I.P. in Nintendo heaven Mr. Uemura.