Google to shut down Stadia

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
as CEO Pichai continues cost-cutting efforts.

I got Cyberpunk on there. I was able to back up all my save games.
I figured it wasn't worth buying anything else on it because you never know what the future holds.
Also I should have saw the writing on the wall when the shutdown all internal game studios last year.
Too bad, I was starting to have a nice collection with the $10 subscription model.
You could stream high end games on laptops, cellphones tablets, chromecasts.
Oh well we had fun! (mainly me and Cyberpunk)

Google said it will be refunding all Stadia hardware purchases made through the Google Store and all game and add-on content purchases at the Stadia store. The company said it expects to complete the majority of refunds by mid-January. Players will continue to have access to their games library and can play through Jan. 18.

Maybe I'll get a refund, I'll hold my breath!!!

Last edited:

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Oh no…

You’d have thought after the success of OnLive this was going to be pure gold.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Who could have ever seen this coming?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm surprised it took as long as it did.

Shame, because the concept itself was really solid.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
People can try to hype up video game streaming all they want, but the realities of physics and long distance communication will always be there.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Cloud gaming cant catch a break. OnLive was an amazing system, but it was way too early.
Stadia was just a shitty launch. I know many casual gamers that really liked Stadia.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
lol

I am a bit impressed that they’re going to be offering refunds. I wish ouya would’ve given me a refund.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
lol

I am a bit impressed that they’re going to be offering refunds. I wish ouya would’ve given me a refund.
There's allegedly a project to 'reopen' the Ouya store, but for free. I can't remember where I saw it, maybe MVGs channel?

edit: Yep, he did a video of it recently:

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
lol

Could be consumer protection laws mandating it, especially if the EU is involved, I believe they have stronger laws against planned obsolescence (even if this wasn't technically planned). Pure speculation on my part though.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
The only physical media I own is vinyl and homecarts
5ywrahmbozf31.png