skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
5ywrahmbozf31.png
Student Council President of Flavortown

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I can't even watch youtube reliably at 720p, and they think streaming games will work? LOL

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I have fios too, but i have been having issues with YT more frequently.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Took long enough. I think the Dreamcast had a shorter life than that thing.

tomwaits

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
Sad that there are some Stadia exclusive games that may disappear forever when the service ends. Pac-man Tunnel Battle will probably resurface in a future compilation, but others like gylt or hello engineer will probably just vanish.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Yet another product Google sent out to the market to die. Probably for the best though... "the cloud" will always be a second-rate way to play games as long as the internet infrastructure blows.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Yet another product Google sent out to the market to die. Probably for the best though... "the cloud" will always be a second-rate way to play games as long as the internet infrastructure blows.
What kills me is ISPs giving a gigabit conection down, but your upload is 40Mbps. It's ridiculous that it's -still- like that.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Actually I found streaming to be just fine.

The experience felt just like playing a console to me.
I bought the whole controller/chromecast package but you don't need it.
You can use a standard bluetooth controller/keyboard/touchscreen whatever and play on anything
Windows PC, Apple, Chromebook, Android, Smart TV

I didn't notice any latency that distracted from the games myself. (shrugs)
It did play smother when I was closer to the router.
I did have it conk out on me a few times and once or twice it felt like the chromecat melted after marathon gaming.
I have the cheapest internet available too.
I usually play in 720p or maybe 1080p.
It claims it can stream up to 4k. (I don't have a 4k TV, and am not sure I want one) pretty sure my internet couldn't handle it anyways.

A youtuber made a video a few months ago testing it out and said it was fine, he pointed out some occasional artifacting.
Said he could tell some latency when playing racing games.

Anyways now there's around a dozen services just like Stadia now.
Amazon Luna just launched in March and looks like a clone with its controller.
Doesn't have nearly as many games though.

The app itself (GUI) especially on the Chromecast sucked.
There's a list of a few most recent games on top and then rowes of four or something of all your games owned below it.
If you have tons of games then then it cant take awhile to scroll through all of them.
I'm sure they are in any sort of order either, maybe recently played or most played.
There's only a few system options and browsing the store is a horrible experience as well.
It can be a pain every month to find your new games.

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I don't understand, in your Google account somewhere you can transfer all of your games saves and download them.
Pretty sure all games run in PC format off of servers so you'll need to load them on a computer to continue.
I wonder what platform you could transfer them to though? Stadia probably doesn't translate to Steam, I think that's the only platform it's on when it comes to PC unless there's a disc version of it (fuck that).

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I wonder what platform you could transfer them to though? Stadia probably doesn't translate to Steam, I think that's the only platform it's on when it comes to PC unless there's a disc version of it (fuck that).
Yeah put them in your save game file on steam.
I downloaded my Cyberpunk saves and opened them with my GOG version of the game, works just fine.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yeah put them in your save game file on steam.
I downloaded my Cyberpunk saves and opened them with my GOG version of the game, works just fine.
You learn something every day.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member

Speaking of Amazon Fallout76 is free right now on prime games.
How confusing. There's two services, prime games and Luna both offer free stuff for prime members.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Fallout 76 was always worth playing, however, it’s not simply multiplayer Fallout 3 or 4 that people wanted.

The game has its issues, particularly as they tried to make a hybrid rpg/looter/survival PvP game and it didn’t all mesh. The survival and PvP aspects are all but dead. The inclusion of human NPCs in the 2nd year of the game confirmed that (which makes playing the game for the first time as a newcomer a mess as there are multiple storylines now seemingly at odds with each other.)

I also think the retcons they did to the series lore in the game are dumb, but whatever.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Fallout 76 was always worth playing, however, it’s not simply multiplayer Fallout 3 or 4 that people wanted.

The game has its issues, particularly as they tried to make a hybrid rpg/looter/survival PvP game and it didn’t all mesh. The survival and PvP aspects are all but dead. The inclusion of human NPCs in the 2nd year of the game confirmed that (which makes playing the game for the first time as a newcomer a mess as there are multiple storylines now seemingly at odds with each other.)

I also think the retcons they did to the series lore in the game are dumb, but whatever.
I'm a couple hours in, liking it so far.

Metro Exodus is free on Luna right now.