Got 2M? Get a pardon.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I'm sure right before he gets on that plane to Mar Largo on the 20th he's going to pardon a shit ton of people.

Not that it's any different than what other presidents have done before him.

I'm just wondering if among those being pardoned will he pre-pardon the insurrectionists?

Also, the Tiger King?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I'm just wondering if among those being pardoned will he pre-pardon the insurrectionists?
It would be the most hilarious fuck you AND I'M OUT to America of all-time. But on the other hand, I'm really looking forward to all those people doing actual federal time. I dunno, maybe the hornhead guy can go to an institution.

And I don't know that it's possible to pardon someone before they're even tried. But it would be great for Trump to try and then be told he can't do that. After which, I'm sure he'd shrug his shoulders and not really care, but it would give me a laugh.

Meanwhile, in the real world, I would love for him to pardon Assange on his way out. Have one good thing to show for the four years he put everyone through.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I keep seeing a meme that says if any of the people he has pardoned are called to testify against him they can't plead the fifth.

I assume because they can't get in any trouble now so they can't self incriminate either. Any lawyers know if that's true?

Lot's of new territory here folks. He fucked around now we gotta find out.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
It would be the most hilarious fuck you AND I'M OUT to America of all-time. But on the other hand, I'm really looking forward to all those people doing actual federal time. I dunno, maybe the hornhead guy can go to an institution.

And I don't know that it's possible to pardon someone before they're even tried. But it would be great for Trump to try and then be told he can't do that. After which, I'm sure he'd shrug his shoulders and not really care, but it would give me a laugh.

Meanwhile, in the real world, I would love for him to pardon Assange on his way out. Have one good thing to show for the four years he put everyone through.

I mean Nixon pardoned Ford before he was tried so there is precedent.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I mean Nixon pardoned Ford before he was tried so there is precedent.

Yes, and I’m sure that if Trump does pardon Assange, there Would be a quid pro quo involved that would be illegal, thereby reopening Assange, and the president, to a espionage charges.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
No pardons for himself, his kids or Rudy.

Too bad I actually wanted to see if somebody could pardon themselves and family members for crimes they haven't even been indicted of yet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...53bd12-59a2-11eb-8bcf-3877871c819d_story.html

Trump grants clemency to 143 people in late-night pardon blast

Rosalind Helderman, Josh Dawsey, Beth Reinhard
3 hrs ago

Big Names:
Steve Bannon
Lil' Wayne
Kwame Kilpatrick
CrapTon of other corrupt politicians

While Trump in recent weeks had been strongly considering extending preemptive pardons to his adult children or even to himself in the wake of the attack on the U.S. Capitol, White House counsel Pat Cipollone and other advisers persuaded him that doing so would amount to an unnecessary admission of guilt, given that none has been charged with any crime or is known to be under federal investigation.

Trump’s lawyers argued to him that he could not pardon people without naming the potential crimes for which they were being pardoned and that preemptively granting people mercy before they were formally accused of a crime would set a bad precedent, a senior administration official said.

Advisers had been particularly opposed to Trump attempting to become the first president in history to pardon himself, believing the move might be unconstitutional and could further tarnish his legacy as he leaves office. They feared it could also antagonize Senate Republicans before they vote at his upcoming impeachment trial for allegedly inciting the Jan. 6 storming of the Capitol.

A Washington Post-ABC poll released this week found significant public opposition to the move as well, with 68 percent of adults — including 34 percent of Republicans — opposed to a presidential self-pardon.

WTF almost 70% of Republicans would be OK with him pardoning himself?

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Yes, and I’m sure that if Trump does pardon Assange, there Would be a quid pro quo involved that would be illegal, thereby reopening Assange, and the president, to a espionage charges.

Trump ultimately decided against a series of other controversial pardons that he had also been considering, including for WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, ex-NSA contractor Edward Snowden and the president’s own personal attorney, Rudolph W. Giuliani, who has not been charged with a crime but whose consulting business has come under scrutiny as part of an investigation by federal prosecutors in Manhattan.

Trump had also contemplated pardoning Sheldon Silver, the powerful former Democratic speaker of the New York State Assembly who was convicted of corruption. But the final list did not include his name.

And the president decided against a pardon for the star of the Netflix reality show “Tiger King,” known as “Joe Exotic,” despite high optimism from the zookeeper’s camp. On Tuesday, his supporters stationed a stretch limo near the prison where he is incarcerated to squire him home had his pardon been granted.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
wonder what the insurrectionist MAGAts are thinking now that Trump didn't pardon them.

Trust the plan, fam. There are things going on behind the scenes. Secret military tribunals. Biden will be forced to resign and the fraud will be revealed.