Greetings everyone!

DeWitt

n00b
Hello everyone,
I'm a long time Neo Geo fan and I'm happy to join this forum!

When I was a kid I always played Neo Geo games on vacation in Italy. It was quite cheep to play some games down there and I loved it!!! Puzzle Bobble and Metal Slug 3 where my favorite games. Too bad that back in the days there were no Arcade Games in my area so I had to wait for my next vacation in Italy... Later on when it was possible to play Neo Geo games via emulation on the PC I played them there. It was nice to play them but not as good as on real HW.

11 year ago I bought a MVS board and last year a Neo Geo cabinet. I love playing on it! My wife was so kind and allowed me to place it in our living room:-)

Here it is: Photo Album

I know it’s not a big red but I’m happy to own my own cab.

I have no idea where it came from and how many of them around. The game in there had seals of 94 on it. But who knows?! Does anyone there knows General Game-Intervideo? I don't and it would be cool to know a bit more about this thing.

Thank you for having me here!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Wilkommen zu Neo-Geo.com/forums mein bruder in waffen!

Post wife nudes or you will be banned.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Keine bruder hier neber. Liebe der Rot Phung Te oder Tod ist dichen. Market ist NEIN.

Last edited:

DeWitt

n00b
Sorry I don't get it my friend :confused: is this some kind of drama I'm now part of?:vik:

Thank you for welcoming me!

Any idea were my cab is from?

Last edited:

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Sorry I don't get it my friend :confused: is this some kind of drama I'm now part of?:vik:

Thank you for welcoming me!

Any idea were my cab is from?

Hey, welcome to teh drama! As for your cab, I believe it's called the Neo Geo RIT Legno - it was a European variant with an Intervideo VP monitor. If you look up Neo Geo RIT Legno in Google you will see a few other varients of your cab. There are also a few registered at the Vintage Arcade Game Society. They all look slightly different, but the tell-tale sign of this cabinet variety is the slightly odd joystick.

neo.jpg

DeWitt

n00b
Interesting! They actually look similar. I haven't found mine, there are a lot of them. Now that you mention it, I noticed the joystick is actually different. I really like them, they play well:) Does the original play differently?

I haven't found Legno cabs on Vintage Arcade Game Society. There search is strange. I only found normal Neo Geo cabs.

I can't look at your image. Can you please unlock me? Thank you:-)

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
11 year ago I bought a MVS board and last year a Neo Geo cabinet. I love playing on it! My wife was so kind and allowed me to place it in our living room:-)

Here it is: Photo Album

I know it’s not a big red but I’m happy to own my own cab.

I have no idea where it came from and how many of them around. The game in there had seals of 94 on it. But who knows?! Does anyone there knows General Game-Intervideo? I don't and it would be cool to know a bit more about this thing.

Thank you for having me here!

Hi DeWitt! If I'm not mistaken, General Game - Intervideo was just another name of Gevin, a Naples-based company that produced licensed NeoGeo cabs (and later officially imported the NeoGeo CD console in Italy). Intervideo was also their arcade monitor brand. It goes without saying that the sticks and buttons are also italian, I guess Edierre brand.

I must admit I'm a bit jealous of your find, 'cause regular Gevin NeoGeo cabinets are very common here in Italy (they're small blue cabs, like the one yagamikun posted), but I've never seen your model, and I love it! No other italian cab had that round logo on the side, as far as I know: the Sipem cabs, another SNK licensed brand from Turin, had a Neo Geo red writing on white sides, the Gevin blue cabs had no writing at all. What I don't like, and that's common of all the Gevin cabs - mine included - is the button placement: the A button is too low, as if they want you to push it with your thumb.

P.S. Rit Legno, a foosball table and cabinet manufacturer, handled the assembly of blue cabs for Gevin ("legno" = "wood"), but your cab might've been constructed by another factory. Calling Gevin cabs "Rit Legno" cabs is a bit misleading, italian players only call them "Gevin". By the way, the Rit Legno company still exist.

P.P.S. Edierre still exist, too! You can buy brand new sticks just like the ones you have in your cab: http://www.edierre.it/prodotti.php?id_categoria_prodotto=1

Last edited:

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
The minute you stuff up here, Rot will change your name to FuckWitt

DeWitt

n00b
Hi Catoblepa,

thank you for all the informations :) I hat a closer look and you are right, my monitor is from Intervideo too. It has a big Logo on the back witch "Intervideo Italy" logo on it. Over there at the Edierre shop they liste some spare parts for my cab. Really cool, thx!

What I don't like, and that's common of all the Gevin cabs - mine included - is the button placement: the A button is too low, as if they want you to push it with your thumb.
It looks like I have the normal button layout. But I must admit that I like to use my thumb to press button A. I don't like my joysticks. It feels and play really well but support only 4 way directions... playing for example Sock Troopers isn't that nice! Maybe I have to replace them both some times. But they have a strange mount like this:
http://www.edierre.it/prodotto_dett.php?id_prodotto=7

Do you have one of the blue cabs?

Are all the SNK licensed brands the reason that it was so hart to find a big red here in germany? I was looking a couple of years for one and had no luck.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Welcome!

I wonder how these scenes translate.

DeWitt

n00b
I wonder how these scenes translate.

I had a look at the german versions of S6E12. It wasn't in there, strange! Either the description is wrong or they removed it from the german version. I have also no idea how you translate something like this!

For me they sound really well. My english isn't that good:D

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Welcome to teh dramah