Greetings everyone!

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Welcome!
Don't worry about the rudeness, its a particular type of sarcastic but harmless humour that is common in this place.

Last edited:

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Hi Catoblepa,

thank you for all the informations :) I hat a closer look and you are right, my monitor is from Intervideo too. It has a big Logo on the back witch "Intervideo Italy" logo on it. Over there at the Edierre shop they liste some spare parts for my cab. Really cool, thx!

It looks like I have the normal button layout. But I must admit that I like to use my thumb to press button A. I don't like my joysticks. It feels and play really well but support only 4 way directions... playing for example Sock Troopers isn't that nice! Maybe I have to replace them both some times. But they have a strange mount like this:
http://www.edierre.it/prodotto_dett.php?id_prodotto=7

Do you have one of the blue cabs?

Are all the SNK licensed brands the reason that it was so hart to find a big red here in germany? I was looking a couple of years for one and had no luck.

Hey DeWitt, sorry but I didn't notice your reply.
Yep, I have a blue Gevin cab, and a Sipem cab, too. Here's an old photo (before I had my official "mancave") with both cabs:

cab_forum_a.jpg

As you can see, I've modified the Gevin with a new metal panel to fit... maybe too many buttons (I was young and naive, thought it was a good idea) and turned it into a MAME cab.

Dsc02386_cut.jpg

Now the Intervideo monitor is dead, but I've never played much on the Gevin: as you can see, the monitor is very large for such a small cab with a short control panel, and you had to play too close to the screen. It's too bad, 'cause the cab is fantastic shape, looks pretty much new.

The dusty Sipem on the right (that's the other brand that officially licensed Neo Geo in Italy) is a whole different beast. It's bulkier, and more in line with the many "prontoscheda" (generic Jamma) cabs that you could find in any good, shady italian arcade. The smaller monitor size, in my opinion, is perfect.

DSC03940_cut.jpg

The downside is the control panel, as you can see the stick and button placement is far from ideal; that's 'cause, while this is a Sipem cab, it's not a Sipem Neo Geo cab. The licensed cabs looked like this:

image__1_.jpeg

This is an official Sipem Neo cab. Notice the 4 slot marquee, the red writing on the side and the A,B,C,D and Game Select buttons. I might add one to my collection in the next few weeks, fingers crossed (then I'll have to decide what to do with the Gevin, maybe I'll sell it). ;)

P.S. I've never seen a big red in Italy, and I doubt they were ever imported in Europe. Every country produced their own cabs, it was much easier this way.

Last edited:

DeWitt

n00b
Hey DeWitt, sorry but I didn't notice your reply.
Don't worry!

I can't view your pictures directly. So I repost your links:
picture 1
picture 2
picture 3
picture 4

Your Gevin cab looks really mind! Nice cabinet. The other one look also very nice! If you don't like these many buttons may you have to change them back to only 4. There are people on the internet who sell new panels. I understand why you did the "button update" Sometime I would like do play 8 button games. But I can't cut my panels. No way:D And yes I get what you mean with the big screen... Your second cabinet looks like it has the perfect screen angle and size, nice! Neo Turf master is a cool game, I really like it:-)

My Intervideo monitor is recaped. An professional reworked it completely and it's picture is really crisp. I like it and would recommend it to everyone!

What I don't like are the sticks, it lags good 8 way support and it looks like it's hard to find a replacement. The mounting is different to the standard. Some day I will invest some time to find a way to replace them:-) Sock Trooper should be much better with real 8 way sticks and I like this game.

This is an official Sipem Neo cab. Notice the 4 slot marquee, the red writing on the side and the A,B,C,D and Game Select buttons. I might add one to my collection in the next few weeks, fingers crossed (then I'll have to decide what to do with the Gevin, maybe I'll sell it). ;)
I wish you luck with your 4 slot machine:) I it looks like I have the same writing on my panel. I already thought it was painted by the previous owner;) I'm looking forward to see your new cab!

If you get one you can buy a nice mini marquee led update for you cab. I have them from @leejsmith. A very nice guy. He updated his software so it works perfect with my cab.

P.S. I've never seen a big red in Italy, and I doubt they were ever imported in Europe. Every country produced their own cabs, it was much easier this way.
Yes me too. I really like how they look. Especially it's red color.

As you can see, I've modified the Gevin with a new metal panel to fit... maybe too many buttons (I was young and naive, thought it was a good idea) and turned it into a MAME cab.
I have a pi2jamma with a JNX adapter board which I can put into my cab if I like too. But I like to play really games. I don't know why... maybe it's because you have so many of them and it's not special. I don't know:D Do you like to play with MAME inside you cab?

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
here's my belated "welcome fagit"

fuck you

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
I have a pi2jamma with a JNX adapter board which I can put into my cab if I like too. But I like to play really games. I don't know why... maybe it's because you have so many of them and it's not special. I don't know:D Do you like to play with MAME inside you cab?

I've enoyed my MAME cab for quite some time, but it was an old setup (a mini tower pc with ArcadeVGA and Jpac), and I gradually lost interest... I was never happy with the frontend, and had to use mouse and keyboard to open Mame32 and launch games. Far from ideal. When I started playing real MVS carts, the difference in lag and overall performance was subtle but it also made a big difference. I'd really like to go back to emulation with the Raspberry Pi... but I know what you mean, when you have too much stuff to play it's almost counter-productive.