Greetings from Germany

ChoAniki

n00b
Hey everyone :D. Im 28 years old and started about 4 years starting collecting retro games due to a nostalgia flashback and got my N64 back. Since then I spend most of my time playing, watching reviews, doing research and buying videogames.

Personally I never had a big connection with SNK or the Neo Geo, played some Metal Slug 3 on the PS2 and thats it. Wanted to collect for the Neo Geo since I started collecting but yeah, the prices xD. Lately I found out that you can get MVS catridges for much cheaper and so I want to get my first Neo Geo games next month :D. Pretty excited for it. I always heard so much about the Neo Geo but never saw it as a kid or adult and now finally to have a chance to afford and play it is surreal for me.

Hope I find some open minded people here that are also crazy into retrogames :D.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Hey everyone :D. Im 28 years old and started about 4 years starting collecting retro games due to a nostalgia flashback and got my N64 back. Since then I spend most of my time playing, watching reviews, doing research and buying videogames.

Personally I never had a big connection with SNK or the Neo Geo, played some Metal Slug 3 on the PS2 and thats it. Wanted to collect for the Neo Geo since I started collecting but yeah, the prices xD. Lately I found out that you can get MVS catridges for much cheaper and so I want to get my first Neo Geo games next month :D. Pretty excited for it. I always heard so much about the Neo Geo but never saw it as a kid or adult and now finally to have a chance to afford and play it is surreal for me.

Hope I find some open minded people here that are also crazy into retrogames :D.

As Tak said good luck. Members here aren’t the friendliest to people that collect for the sake of collectings sake. But if you play the games, there’s hope for you yet.

Innocent till proven guilty. Welcome to Neo-Geo.com.

What MVS games you thinking of picking up to start with?

ChoAniki

n00b
I see so what's your address so we can send Shroom around to knock some sense into you.
Man, thank you :D. I mean you can try but I think it's already too late. Everytime I wake up or go to sleep it's the last thing I see. An absolute beauty, love it (its an authentic japanese ad, quite rare, probably my rarest non game item in my collection) :D.

Attachments

• IMG_20221025_042755.jpg
    IMG_20221025_042755.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 17

ChoAniki

n00b
As Tak said good luck. Members here aren’t the friendliest to people that collect for the sake of collectings sake. But if you play the games, there’s hope for you yet.

Innocent till proven guilty. Welcome to Neo-Geo.com.

What MVS games you thinking of picking up to start with?
Yeah, most games I buy are for playing but to be honest there some games I bought for collecting like Sword of Moonlight Kings Field Maker or japanese Games where I need to read japanese, but tried to play moon PS1 with Google translate and it was playable :D.

I always try to reduce my collection, want to get rid half of my Sega Master System collection. Games like rastan, Deep Duck Trouble or Fantasy Zone are good but I wont likely play them again. There is much more stuff that I would rather play.

Mmhhh, which I would get first would depends on which games I could get at all and for a decent price. Metal Slug 3, Magician Lord, Pulstar and Neo Turf Masters would be perfect :D

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Focus on developing yourself and your career first and foremost. At 28, you should be getting out of this hobby, not into it.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Maybe he's a German aristocrats son. Spoilt and with nothing left in life to do by 28 he delves deep into the retro abyss.

ChoAniki

n00b
Focus on developing yourself and your career first and foremost. At 28, you should be getting out of this hobby, not into it.
Last two years I made huge process, finished my apprenticeship, found a decent paying job, quit smoking, started writing songs again and occupy more with music, lost some weight due to eating less and cook more healthy stuff, get more into social environments, learned more about reparing and starting modding consoles, getting completly out of debt and more. Overall I can say that im pretty happy atm, no worrys about money or anything else. Of course that doesnt mean I should stop improving, I should go to the GYM, watch less Youtube, should spend less money on videogames and much more. I want to enjoy this as much as I can and videogames is a thing I enjoy a lot. But yeah, I understand your message and appreciate it a lot that you care about a total stranger you didnt even know yet :D.

EDIT: Wasnt finished yet and it got send for whatever reason, finished the reply.

Last edited:

ChoAniki

n00b
Geez, can't you guys just stop overanalyzing things and have fun?
Honestly, no clue if Shroom and Lone Saga are trolling or being real xD. I join a gaming community just to be told I shouldn't getting into it in the first place which is kinda funny xD.

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Honestly, no clue if Shroom and Lone Saga are trolling or being real xD. I join a gaming community just to be told I shouldn't getting into it in the first place which is kinda funny xD.
Everyone here is very bitter. You'll get used to it.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Well you passed the first test, Willkommen zum Ne-oh Ge-oh.com forums Herr ChoAniki.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Real talk:

I love these games and still play them regularly during my commute. Even get some discussion threads on them once in a while.

But the collecting aspect? Buying these games secondhand? The Hunt was fun as hell when I was an early, late and post teenager, but by 28 I was way the fuck away from it, and in 2022 I don't see any sane person starting to get into it.

Shroom was joking, but learning how to knit is infinitely more interesting and useful than buying this shit.

Welcome.

ChoAniki

n00b
Real talk:

I love these games and still play them regularly during my commute. Even get some discussion threads on them once in a while.

But the collecting aspect? Buying these games secondhand? The Hunt was fun as hell when I was an early, late and post teenager, but by 28 I was way the fuck away from it, and in 2022 I don't see any sane person starting to get into it.

Shroom was joking, but learning how to knit is infinitely more interesting and useful than buying this shit.

Welcome.
Yeah, its always great when the prices are low, then collecting is the most fun :D. But sadly almost anything remotely popular with a fanbase gets more expensive over time. With the Neo Geo AES it was always expensive but with MVS you could in there for very low prices (man, old price guides are amazing and hurting at the same time xD). Now I need to pay for decent to good games about 80-150€ minimum and there some games I want where I need to pay about 300-500€ which hurts a lot.

The only thing why I buy higher priced games because there will be a buyer when I want to sell it. So when I need cash or dont want the game anymore I can just cash out and at worst I lost some money. Most important I dont see games as an investment, there much better ways to grow your money passively. Wouldnt there be a another person wanting to buy the games I would never spend that kind of money. When I look at my collection, its just crazy how much increased in price: Kings Field PAL, Castlevania SotN PAL, Hellnight PAL, Ninja Gaiden Master System, Metroid 2 and so on, all stuff I could sell at least double then I payed for and I didnt got any of the games for dirt cheap.

Overall I can understand why people dont want to pay this prices and I can only get in there because of my fortunate situation and yes, it would be better to safe the money and use it for other things but man, I love to buy this old stuff and play with it and that im a purist doesnt help either xD. Hope the reply didnt come of as I want to devalue your opinion, just want to explain why I do the things I do.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Are you the same guy who was on lddb.com showing pictures of his home carts and then on like the second or third page of the thread let us all know that MVS is cheaper than AES?

I ask because it seems like there couldn’t be two different people who would both drop thousands of dollars on games without at least knowing about identically programed arcade carts being cheaper, whether or not they cared.