Group Buy: Alvicius.com Neo Geo X adapter group buy

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Interested here. I'm keeping my X simply for completionist purposes, and since it doesn't look like Tommo will ever unfuck themselves I will need one of these to get the most out of my wasted moneys.

Also, U.S. resident here, but military stationed at an APO...would that be a problem?

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
412   0   0
lol $33 shipping

Where is it shipping from? The fucking moon?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Also, U.S. resident here, but military stationed at an APO...would that be a problem?

Hmm, not sure about an APO or not, my whole reason for keeping it for US residents was to make the shipping part easy on my end.

Plus most likely I'd do payments and shipping via PayPal and I'm not sure how they handle an APO.

Got anybody in the states to send it to who could then forward it to you?

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
lol $33 shipping

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

My guess is the center of the earth. Right next to Tommo's main office branch. At least THAT would explain why they do not see or hear any of the fanboy's cries or tears.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Hmm, not sure about an APO or not, my whole reason for keeping it for US residents was to make the shipping part easy on my end.

Plus most likely I'd do payments and shipping via PayPal and I'm not sure how they handle an APO.

Unfortunately not atm. Normally I would say my wife, but she's a bit incognito for the moment, unfortunately. As far as I know, the only caveat to shipping to an APO from the states is slapping a customs sticker on the box. We're...wherever it is we are...but wherever that is, it still counts as a standard U.S. address.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
lol $33 shipping

Actually, the moon would probably be cheaper, but I believe these guys are in Spain: "Mercantile Registry of Madrid"

Funny thing is, the shipping cost doesn't change from 1 adapter to 10, hence my thinking this would be ripe for a group buy.

I get in on them all the time for Blu-ray steelbooks from outside the US for the same reason.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Unfortunately not atm. Normally I would say my wife, but she's a bit incognito for the moment, unfortunately. As far as I know, the only caveat to shipping to an APO from the states is slapping a customs sticker on the box. We're...wherever it is we are...but wherever that is, it still counts as a standard U.S. address.

Yeah, customs and stuff I wanted to stay away from, which is one of the reasons I didn't include Canada in this. Its like you have to give them your whole life story on why you are sending this package and what it is. Pain in the ass, and these guys are right next door to us.

But if you're in Germany you might have a better deal buying one direct from them and having it shipped to you there. If you use Chrome it makes it real easy as it translates most of the fields you need to fill out.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Lol unfortunately anything that I buy from Germany costs MORE and takes LONGER. I have to pay for the shipping all the way to the mainland states and THEN it come BACK through U.S. mail to the base here in Germany. It's stupid, but thus is the price we pay for buying stuff online.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Lol unfortunately anything that I buy from Germany costs MORE and takes LONGER. I have to pay for the shipping all the way to the mainland states and THEN it come BACK through U.S. mail to the base here in Germany. It's stupid, but thus is the price we pay for buying stuff online.

Well that sucks now, doesn't it? Way to support our troops. Wow, really sorry about that, I thought you would come out ahead.

For now lets say "no" on APO but if anything changes and I can ship it here in the states to you let me know.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Well that sucks now, doesn't it? Way to support our troops. Wow, really sorry about that, I thought you would come out ahead.

For now lets say "no" on APO but if anything changes and I can ship it here in the states to you let me know.

This makes me sad, but alright I guess :(

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
FYI: Check Paypal's currency conversion before taking any cash, it's worse than Google's so the price will be higher in USD. With Paypal I was figuring a bit higher price per unit than you have.

Speaking of which... I was just putting the finishing touches on a group buy on another forum, my deadline was going to be Monday. I've got 7 people now. I had figured $25.47 each for 6, I'll have to recalculate for more people. Wanna combine group buys?

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
FYI: Check Paypal's currency conversion before taking any cash, it's worse than Google's so the price will be higher in USD. With Paypal I was figuring a bit higher price per unit than you have.

Speaking of which... I was just putting the finishing touches on a group buy on another forum, my deadline was going to be Monday. I've got 7 people now. I had figured $25.47 each for 6, I'll have to recalculate for more people. Wanna combine group buys?

Price just went up on their site slightly, guess its something to do with the EURO, dunno, global finances are not my thing.

I have no problem with combining this with another group buy provided these actually get ordered. We are at 7 now and I'm sure we can hit 10. I do not know if their shipping costs go up from there as I didn't calculate more than 10.

I had also planned on doing this all through PayPal including shipping to all the buyers, to protect them, and me. If you can give the same guarantee, we can let this thread go until we hit 10 adapters and then combine it with yours.

You can PM me if you want to discuss this further, I'm heading home from work in a few minutes but can pick up any discussions tomorrow night.

In the meantime, lets keep the ball rolling and make it to 10!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
537   0   0

I can forward it to him if he wants. Put me down for one as well.